Select Site & Finalize Deal
Once the final site has been selected, there are a series of steps to complete to ensure the final deal is not jeopardized. Companies normally accept any incentive offers and receive final approval from the state and local jurisdictions prior to any real estate closing or public announcement. Remember that in order to realize most incentives, there are also annual compliance reporting requirements, so ensure you have identified internal stakeholders to follow through.
Steps in Phase 4 - Select Site & Finalize Deal
- Accept incentive offers & finalize agreements
- Finalize real estate deal
- Identify incentive compliance owners
Things to remember:
- All states have a "But-For" clause for incentives - remember to finalize acceptance of incentives prior to the public announcement or real estate closing
- Identify incentive compliance owners within company to ensure benefits are realized after the facility is operational
- State Department of Revenue Websites - AICPA (www.aicpa.org/Research/ExternalLinks/Pages/TaxesStatesDepartmentsofRevenue.aspx)
- Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency (www.dsireusa.org)
- IRS - Federal credits & deductions for businesses (www.irs.gov/Credits-&-Deductions/Businesses)
« Back to Phase 3 - Negotiation | Go to Overview »
Disclaimer: The information provided on this Resource Page about organizations, businesses or services is for general informational purposes. Inclusion does not mean that Walmart Inc. endorses any organization, business or service. Further, Walmart Inc. cannot and does not make any guarantees as to the quality of services or products provided by any organization, business or service listed here.