There’s a path for everyone at Walmart – whether that’s exploring careers in our stores and clubs, pursuing further education or leading others.
We operate more than 10,500 stores in 24 countries, and we employ over 2.3 million associates worldwide. Each of those people come to work at Walmart for their own reasons – to earn some money with a summer job, earn a living for their family or learn something new that can shape their career for years to come.
Our goal is to give associates tools they need to become the best versions of themselves, on and off the clock while preparing them for their journey ahead.
The world of retail is a great way for people to build valuable skills and grow a meaningful career. Now the second-largest industry by employment behind health care, retail remains a building block of the American experience. And at Walmart, almost anyone can discover a path to a great career.
For many job seekers, the path to employment is often littered with obstacles. Lack of prior experience, a criminal record, or lack of formal education all prevent some from being considered by employers.
We’re proud of our low barriers to job opportunities and the pathways we’ve created to turn jobs into careers.
In 2020, we hired more than 500,000 new associates globally, many of whom were displaced from jobs due to the impacts of COVID-19.
Hourly Pay and Incentives
We continue to invest in in pay for store and club associates in the U.S.
- Our wage structure reflects varied market rates associated with each role. As of March 2021, the average hourly wage in the U.S. was over $16.40 per hour.
- Combined hourly wage is $19.52 per hour for full and part-time associates when accounting for regular and overtime pay, 401(k) match, health care, associate discount, paid time off and quarterly bonuses.
- Over the course of the past year, Walmart has raised wages for approximately 1.2 million hourly store roles, building on our new team-based structure of store operations that creates new roles, higher pay and more room for career growth.
Advancing a Career
We’re proud that many associates start their journeys in part-time roles while going to school or raising their children, and there are plenty of opportunities to move to full-time and beyond if and when they choose.
- Approximately 64% of our roles are full-time in the U.S., ahead of the industry average (excludes Home Office associates), and approximately two-thirds of our U.S. hourly associates will be full-time by the end of January 2022.
- 75% of our U.S. salaried store, club and supply chain management began as hourly associates.
- Walmart store managers earn an average of more than $180,000 a year.
Opportunities for Military Veterans and Students
We welcome people of all backgrounds and experience levels to join our family, and we’re committed to making the transition into employment as seamless as possible for our associates.
- Our Find a Future program helps transitioning military, National Guard/Reserves, veterans and military spouses find meaningful futures through opportunities in employment, education and entrepreneurship.
- Each year, we invite undergraduates, graduate and MBA students and new grads to participate in internship and development programs across the company. These positions are fully paid and offer exciting opportunities to innovate, solve important problems and network with executives and industry leaders. Many of our interns are extended full-time job offers after the end of their internship.
Lots of events like having a baby, getting sick or even having a flat tire can disrupt life’s balance. Knowing you’ve got things covered is a huge relief. When people feel supported, they’re much more likely to take advantage of opportunities to succeed – inside and outside of work.
Last-minute schedule changes can disrupt anyone’s day-to-day life. Here are a few ways we ensure scheduling stability in Walmart stores:
- U.S. store associates receive schedules at least two weeks in advance.
- We offer full-time associates a consistent schedule – a full work week with set days on and off, so they can plan for life outside of work.
- Walmart associates can access an easy-to-use scheduling app that allows them to pick up extra shifts, manage time-off requests and swap shifts with other associates.
- Paid time off plans empowers associates to decide how they use their leave by streamlining paid vacation, sick time, personal time and holiday time into one category.
On top of offering competitive pay, we have several financial benefits for associates to get the most out of their pay.
- 10% discount on regularly priced general merchandise and fresh fruits and vegetables
- 6% 401(k) match to all employees, including hourly workers, after one year
- Roth IRA available
- Associate Stock Purchase Plan allows associates to purchase company stock, and the company matches a portion.
- Associates can get early access to wages ahead of scheduled paychecks through the Even app. This is money they’ve already earned, and it allows them to adjust to sudden emergencies and to manage the unexpected.
- The Associate Discount Center provides exclusive discounts on travel, cell phone services, entertainment and other goods and services.
Prioritizing Health & Wellness
Health benefits aren’t just about providing stability for our associates, but their families as well. Associates can feel secure knowing that their personal health and their dependents’ health is taken care of, should tragedy strike.
- All eligible associates – both full- and part-time – have affordable options that include no lifetime maximum and eligible preventive care covered at 100%.
- Associates have free access to nurse care managers and health care advisors.
- Health care plans start at around $30 per pay period - roughly half the national average for single-person coverage. Our coverage is available for domestic partners, too.
- Working with partners like the Mayo Clinic and Johns Hopkins, we’ve created Centers of Excellence for serious health procedures – such as heart and spine surgeries and joint replacements – to ensure the best care.
- Doctor on Demand, the world class telehealth service, allows associates to meet with physicians and mental health professionals from the comfort of home, and is available for associates enrolled in Walmart’s medical plan.
- Health reimbursement plans provide $300 to $1,000, and our health savings account plan gives up to a $700 match to help pay for eligible network or out-of-network medical expenses.
- Associates can take advantage of Resources for Living, a free confidential counseling and health information service. This includes ten counseling sessions per type of concern at no cost and unlimited telephonic support.
- Company-paid life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, critical illness insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance and business travel accident insurance.
- Included Health, a care-navigation platform tailored for the LGBTQ+ community.
Growing a family can be challenging even in the best of times, so our associates need the flexibility to bring new members into their families smoothly. Our parental leave policy helps associates grow their families including maternity, parental and adoption benefits.
- A birth mom can receive up to 10 weeks of leave. She’ll get paid 100% of the pay she normally makes.
- Coupled with the Parental Leave, birth mothers are eligible for up to 16 weeks of protected, paid leave.
- A new parent (regardless of gender) gets up to six weeks of protected paid time away from work. This includes becoming a parent through a birth, adoption or foster-care placement.
- Associates can use the leave at any point in the 12 months following the date they became a new parent. The new parent will receive 100% of their pay.
- Walmart will reimburse up to $5,000 for expenses related to adopting a new family member including (but not limited to): application fees, agency fees, placement fees, legal fees, court costs, home suitability studies, immigration, immunization, translation fees, transportation, meals, lodging, parent, child and family adoption counseling.
- There is an annual maximum of $10,000 and a lifetime maximum of $20,000 per associate.
Jobs have always evolved with technology. Walmart is redefining how an employer helps its workers prepare for the future of work by creating retail experts and opportunities for upward mobility – whether Walmart is their final destination or not.
Turnover rates in the U.S. show associates leave when they don’t know which way to go or how to move up. Our associates have career path options as soon as they’re hired. Instead of letting people get lost in their career through trial and error, we’re creating a solid foundation by teaching the fundamentals.
At our 200-plus Academy locations across the U.S., we deliver hands-on training in purpose-built classrooms. Here, we leverage a dedicated facilitation team to embed functional leadership skills. We also focus on training new and existing processes to drive consistency across our business. Our instructor-led and self-paced classes incorporate the latest technologies including:
- Augmented Reality (AR)
- In-store practice
- Machine Learning and AI
- Virtual Reality (VR)
Offering world-class, on-the-job training isn’t enough. We set out to offer higher education opportunities that change what’s possible and unlock associates’ potential.
- Walmart pays 100% of the cost of college tuition and books for field-based associates to pursue a college degree through Live Better U.
- Live Better U features an online curriculum of over 60 programs, including degrees and certificates in fields like business management, supply chain, cybersecurity and computer technology — all of which are highly relevant for in-demand jobs across retail and other industries, both today and in the future.
- Since launching LBU in 2018, more than 65,000 associates participated in the program to date and more than 8,000 have graduated.
- We also cover the cost of learning a second language and the full cost of earning a high school diploma or GED for associates and their eligible family members.
We have strong foundational beliefs built to withstand the test of time. These beliefs are our guiding light, our north star, our compass rose. They help keep us on the right path heading toward a destination we can all believe in.
Service to the Customer
- Customer first: Listen to, anticipate and serve customer wants and needs
- Frontline focused: Support and empower associates to serve customers every day
- Innovative and agile: Be creative, take smart risks and move with speed
Respect for the Individual
- Listen: Be visible and available, collaborate with others and be open to feedback
- Lead by example: Be humble, teach and trust others to do their jobs, give honest and direct feedback
- Inclusive: Seek and embrace differences in people, ideas and experiences
Strive for Excellence
- High performance: Set and achieve aggressive goals
- Accountable: Take ownership, celebrate successes and be responsible for results
- Strategic: Make clear choices, anticipate changing conditions and plan for the future
Act with Integrity
- Honest: Tell the truth, keep your promises and be trustworthy
- Fair: Do right by others, be open and transparent
- Courageous: Speak up, ask for help, make tough calls and say no when appropriate