As the world's largest retailer, Walmart strives to save people money so they can live better. We’re continuing to build an inclusive supply chain that reflects our customer, and it’s imperative that we provide products and services that resonate and meet our customers' needs. Our customers represent all of America, and we want to be sure our suppliers do, too.
Businesses like yours play an important role in how we serve our customers and communities. Your unique perspectives and insights help us source and deliver products and services that meet our customers’ needs – all while supporting our mission of helping people save money so they can live better.
The role suppliers like you play has become even more critical as we continue to face unprecedented challenges to public health and address racial equity and justice throughout our society. And because we take a multi-stakeholder approach to creating value, we strive to help enable diverse businesses like yours to thrive by identifying opportunities for you to grow with us.
We look forward to working with you.
President & CEO
As the world's largest retailer, Walmart strives to save people money so they can live better. This mantra is at the core of every decision we make. One way we fulfill this commitment is to embrace diversity in all aspects of our organization — from our talented associates to the supplier partners we work with to deliver the products and services our customers want and need.
An important aspect of meeting these needs across Walmart is our Supplier Inclusion Program. This program provides companies owned and operated by minorities, women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ+ community equal footing to effectively work with us while at the same time growing their own business.
If you are interested in becoming part of Walmart’s merchandise supply chain, we recommend starting with the steps below:
- Review our supplier checklist. This checklist provides information that prospective suppliers will need to provide to become a merchandise supplier with Walmart or Sam’s Club.
- Explore obtaining a diverse supplier certification with a recognized agency. The following national certifying organizations are recognized by Walmart and are utilized to further our supplier inclusion goals and develop diverse supplier relationships: National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC), Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), U.S. Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce (USPAACC), Disability:IN, National Veteran Business Development Council (NVBDC), National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC), WEConnect or federal or local government agencies.
- Register your diverse business with RangeMe, a product discovery platform Walmart utilizes to source and manage product proposals. Once registered, you can create and submit product listings directly to Walmart Merchandising for consideration.
What You Need To Know
A diverse supplier is defined as a U.S. privately held company that is 51% owned, managed and controlled by a woman, minority, veteran, disabled veteran, person with a disability or a member of the LGBTQ+ community.
To drive the credibility of a supplier inclusion program, we strongly recommend our suppliers receive a diversity certification to validate its standing as diverse owned. If you are not a certified diverse-owned business today and you meet the qualifications outlined, you can begin the certification process with one of the agencies listed above.
If you are a service and non-resale supplier and have a diverse certification, click here to register your company. This portal is used to source and review professional service suppliers.
If you have questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Note: Completing the application process on either platform does not guarantee that you will be approved to be a supplier. It also does not guarantee a contract and or business with Walmart.
- Currently one of America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises – the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) Council
- 2021 Five-Star Procurement, Employment, and Governance rating from the Hispanic Association on Corporate Responsibility’s Corporate Inclusion Index
- 2021 Top 50 Companies for Diversity List – DiversityInc
- Best of the Best Top Disability-Friendly Companies List – DIVERSEability magazine
- Best of the Best Top Supplier Program Lists:
At Walmart, we embrace culture, diversity, equity and inclusion as a way of doing business. In this section, you will find industry insights and information relevant to Walmart’s Supplier Inclusion program. The 2020 Supplier Inclusion Economic Impact Report details how diverse suppliers add to the economic vitality of the communities we work and serve.
Walmart recognizes the great work and effort our diverse suppliers are making to help ensure our customers have the products and services they need. We also realize one of the biggest challenges to achieving growth is the ability to gain access to working capital. As a partner to our diverse suppliers, we want to ensure access to the resources needed to continue running your business is available. We’re proud to share information on how we recently expanded our existing early-payment programs and simplified the onboarding process, unlocking easier access to working capital and growth resources. Learn more about our early-payment programs below:
- Accelerating Our Commitment to Diverse and Minority Suppliers
- Walmart Early Payment Program
- Walmart Early Payment Program FAQ
If you would like to discuss financing options with Walmart Treasury, please email us at SupplierFinance@wal-mart.com.
Walmart Inc. will participate at the following events, hosted by the sponsoring organizations mentioned below for the purpose to promote business activities, such as match-making, business expos, conferences and other types of networking activities. Please note the events listed may require registration or a fee to attend. We recommend contacting the sponsoring organization directly for more specific information.
June 6, 2022 – June 9, 2022
WBENC National Conference
October 30, 2022 – November 2, 2022
NMSDC Conference and Business Opportunity Exchange