As a leading retailer, Walmart strives to save people money so they can live better. This mantra is at the core of every decision we make and we believe having a diverse supplier base further connects us with our customers and members, associates, and communities.
Walmart’s Supplier Inclusion Program provides U.S. privately held companies that are 51% or more owned, managed and controlled by a woman, minority, veteran, disabled veteran, person with a disability or a member of the LGBTQ+ community equal footing to effectively work with us while at the same time growing their own business.
If you are interested in becoming part of Walmart’s merchandise supply chain, we recommend starting with the steps below:
- Review the supplier readiness checklist that provides details on how to become a merchandise supplier with Walmart or Sam’s Club.
- We encourage qualifying companies to obtain a diverse supplier certification with a recognized agency to validate its standing as diverse owned. The following national certifying organizations are recognized by Walmart and are utilized to further our aspiration and to develop diverse supplier relationships:
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- U.S. Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce (USPAACC),
- Disability:IN (Disability:IN)
- National Veteran Business Development Council (NVBDC)
- National Veteran-Owned Business Association (NaVOBA)
- National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
- WEConnect International (WEConnect)
- Other federal or local government agencies
- Register your diverse business with RangeMe, a product discovery platform Walmart utilizes to source and manage product proposals. Once registered, you can create and submit product listings directly to Walmart Merchandising for consideration.
- If you are a service and non-resale supplier and have a diverse certification, click here to register your company. This portal is used to source and review professional service suppliers.
If you have questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Note: Completing the application process on either platform does not guarantee that you will be approved to be a supplier. It also does not guarantee a contract and or business with Walmart.