Once your business plan is finalized, the next steps are reviewing requirements and identifying the communities that are best suited to your needs. Contact with the state and local economic development organizations begins. This is the lengthiest phase where you are gathering data on communities and real estate. The goal is to narrow down the selection to at least the top 2 states.
Steps in Phase 2 - Review
- Review requirements and identify communities
- Start due diligence on real estate
- Contact states for additional information (i.e. RFI)
- Develop financial model - identify costs and incentives
Things to remember:
- Non-disclosure agreements are recommended before disclosing project details to states.
- Research incentives on the State and Local economic development agency's website(s).
- International Economic Development Council (IEDC) (www.iedconline.org)
- LoopNet - Commercial real estate listings (www.loopnet.com)
- Google Earth - mapping tool (www.google.com/earth)
- Reshoring Initiative's Total Cost Estimator tool (www.reshorenow.org/TCO_Estimator.cfm)
- U.S. Cluster Mapping Tool (www.clustermapping.us)
« Back to Phase 1 - Business Plan | Go to Phase 3 - Negotiation »
Disclaimer: The information provided on this Resource Page about organizations, businesses or services is for general informational purposes. Inclusion does not mean that Walmart Inc. endorses any organization, business or service. Further, Walmart Inc. cannot and does not make any guarantees as to the quality of services or products provided by any organization, business or service listed here.