- We Recently Updated Our Privacy Notice
- Walmart Supplier Privacy Notice Summary
- What Does This Privacy Notice Include?
- What Are the Categories of Personal Information Collected?
- What Are the Categories of Sources from Which We Collect Your Personal Information?
- What Are the Purposes for Collecting Personal Information?
- Categories of Personal Information We Disclose to Each Type of Third Party
- Sale or Share of Personal Information of Consumers under 16 Years of Age
- Disclosing Personal Information for Business Purposes
- How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Information?
- How Do We Secure Your Personal Information?
- What Are Your California Privacy Rights?
- Who Can I Contact About the Privacy Notice?
We Recently Updated Our Privacy Notice
Updated Dec. 29, 2022
- Adding language to comply with the California Privacy Rights Act
Walmart Supplier Privacy Notice Summary
The information you share with Walmart helps us partner with you to create and manage our business relationship.
What Does This Privacy Notice Include?
This Notice outlines how and why we collect, use, share, and protect the personal information of individuals when they are interacting with Walmart in a business-to-business capacity. This Notice applies to suppliers of Walmart and suppliers of other members our corporate family of companies in the United States, including suppliers of goods or services, and lessees of space owned by Walmart.
What Are the Categories of Personal Information Collected?
We may collect or receive (and may have collected or received during the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this Notice) the categories of personal information listed below. Not all categories will be collected or received for every individual.
- Personal identifiers, such as name and address
- Device and online identifiers and related information, such as telephone number and email address
- Internet, application, and network activity
- Government identifiers, such as national identification numbers, driver’s license numbers, and Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number
- Demographic information, such as age and date of birth
- Financial information, such as financial institution account information
- Characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law, such as gender and nationality
- Location information, such as geo-location information
- Employment information, such as occupation, title, licenses, and professional memberships
- Background information, such as business credit report and score
What Are the Categories of Sources from Which We Collect Your Personal Information?
We may obtain and combine personal information from different sources, as provided below:
- Provided directly by you or a member of your household
- Collected from a device associated with you or your household
- Collected through in-store technology
- Collected from another company within our family of companies
- Collected from an external third-party source
Information Provided Directly by You or a Member of Your Household
You share information with us in various ways, such as when you visit our stores, engage with associates in the Vendor Management Office or that manage your business relationship, complete the Vendor onboarding process, or use our supplier-facing websites or mobile applications.
When you engage in these activities, you may share different types of personal information with us, such as your name, email address, physical or postal address, phone number, date of birth and location information.
Information Collected From a Device Associated With You or Your Household
You also provide us information in other ways through technology, such as when you use our websites and applications. Some of this information may be linked to you personally. This information helps us effectively partner with you and conduct our business.
Information We Collect Through In-Store and Facilities Technology
We may collect your personal information from technology we use in our stores and other facilities, such as our facility cameras. We operate cameras in stores and other facilities for security and operational purposes, for example, to help us improve the design of our stores to better serve our customers.
Information We Collect From Another Company Within Our Family of Companies
We may collect your personal information from another organization within our corporate family of companies, such as with Sam's Club and Moosejaw.com.
Information We Collect From External Third-Party Sources
As part of our standard vendor onboarding process, we may receive information from third party sources, such as business credit report and score to help us assess supplier fitness, reduce fraud and ensure an effective partnership with you or the company you work for.
What Are the Purposes for Collecting Personal Information?
- To create and maintain your supplier account
- To fulfill requests and obligations related to our partnership
- To conduct auditing and monitoring of transactions and engagement
- To protect the security and integrity of our websites, mobile services, and our business
- To help prevent fraud
- To update our operational and technical functionality
- To conduct business analysis, such as analytics, projections, identifying areas for operational improvement
- To conduct research, development, and training opportunities
- To fulfill our legal function or obligations
To the extent we process deidentified information, we will maintain and use the information in deidentified form and will not attempt to reidentify the information unless permitted by applicable law.
Categories of Personal Information We Disclose to Each Type of Third Party
We may disclose your personal information with certain categories of third parties, as described below.
|Category of Personal Information Disclosed||Category of Third-Party Recipient|
|Audio, visual, and other sensory information||Local, state, or federal government entities; Service providers (such as advertising networks, marketplace sellers, analytics providers, etc.)|
|Identifiers||Service providers (such as advertising networks, marketplace sellers, analytics providers, etc.); Local, state, or federal government entities|
|Background and Criminal Information||Local, state, or federal government entities; Service providers (such as advertising networks, marketplace sellers, analytics providers, etc.)|
|Device Information and Online Activity||Service providers (such as advertising networks, marketplace sellers, analytics providers, etc.); Business partners; Local, state, or federal government entities|
|Individual preferences and characteristics||Service providers (such as advertising networks, marketplace sellers, analytics providers, etc.)|
|Demographic Information||Service providers that receive data to provide services to a Walmart entity (e.g., analytics providers, advertising networks, cloud storage providers, etc.); Local, state, or federal government entities|
|Financial Information||Local, state, or federal government entities; Service providers that receive data in order to provide services to a Walmart entity|
|Geolocation||Service providers that receive data to provide services to a Walmart entity (e.g., analytics providers, advertising networks, cloud storage providers, etc.)|
|Professional and Employment Information||Service providers (such as advertising networks, marketplace sellers, analytics providers, etc.); Local, state, or federal government entities|
Sale or Share of Personal Information of Consumers under 16 Years of Age
Walmart does not knowingly sell or share (for cross-context behavioral advertising) the personal information of consumers under 16 years of age. For more information about treatment of children’s personal information, see the Walmart Privacy Notice.
Disclosing Personal Information for Business Purposes
All of the categories of personal information that we collect have been shared with other companies, including those within our Walmart Inc. corporate family, for a business purpose. We may share your personal information in limited circumstances, such as to conduct our business, or when legally required to do so by law. We may share personal information about you with service providers that help with our business activities. We require our service providers to keep your personal information secure, and do not allow our service providers to use or share your personal information for any purpose other than providing services on our behalf.
We may share your personal information in other special circumstances, which include situations when sharing is required by law, or we believe sharing will help to protect the safety, property, or rights of Walmart, our customers, our associates, or other persons.
How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Information?
We will keep the personal information we collect about you for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes set forth in this Privacy Notice or any other notice provided at the time of data collection, but no longer than as required or permitted under applicable law or internal Walmart policy. We dispose of the information we collect in accordance with Walmart’s retention policies and procedures.
How Do We Secure Your Personal Information?
We use reasonable information security measures, including physical, administrative, and technical safeguards. Learn more about measures you can take to help to protect the security of your personal information.
What Are Your California Privacy Rights?
If you are a California resident, you can make certain requests regarding your personal information, and we will fulfill each request to the extent required by law. If we are unable to comply with your request in whole or in part, we will notify you with reasons for the denial. We do not offer the option for you to request we stop selling your personal information or sharing it for cross-context behavioral advertising because we do not conduct such selling or sharing of our suppliers’ personal information.
As stated in more detail below, you can request that we:
- Provide you with access to a copy of and certain details regarding the personal information we have about you.
- Delete your personal information.
- Correct your inaccurate personal information.
- Limit the use or disclosure of your sensitive personal information (SPI).
To exercise any of these privacy rights, call 1-800-Walmart (1-800-925-6278), press one, and say, “I’d like to exercise my privacy rights.” Or follow the instructions below specific to the type of request.
1. Request to Access My Personal Information: You have the right to request access to the personal information we may have collected about you. To access your personal information, click “Request My Personal Information.”
Requests to access your personal information may be submitted up to two times in a rolling twelve-month period. In response, we will return to you the following categories of information, to the extent required by law:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collect your personal information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing your personal information.
- The categories of third parties to whom we disclose personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- A list of categories of personal information that we have sold or shared for cross-context behavioral advertising, along with the categories of third parties we sold it to or shared it with for cross-context behavioral advertising.
- A list of categories of personal information that we have disclosed for a business purpose, along with the categories of third parties we disclosed it to.
2. Delete My Personal Information: You have the right to ask that we delete your personal information. Once we receive a request, we will delete the personal information (to the extent required by law) we hold about you as of the date of your request from our records and direct our service providers to do the same. Choosing to delete your personal information may impact your ability to use our websites and online features, including closure of your online account, and limit your use of in-store functions that require your personal information. To delete your personal information, click “Request My Personal Information.”
3. Correct My Personal Information: You have the right to ask that we correct the personal information we may have collected about you if that information is inaccurate. We reserve the right to request identifying documentation from you in certain circumstances, as permitted by law. To correct your personal information, click “Request My Personal Information.”
4. Limit the Use and Disclosure of SPI: You have the right to ask that we limit our use and disclosure of your SPI to certain purposes permitted by law and can do so by clicking “Your Privacy Choices.”
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights. We will not deny you goods or services, charge different prices or rates, provide a different level of service or quality of goods, or suggest that you might receive a different price or level of quality for goods. Some programs or membership services require usage of personal information to function, so compliance with your request may impact those experiences.
How Do We Verify Your Identity to Complete Your Access, Correction and Deletion Requests:
If you request access to, or the correction or deletion of, your personal information we will verify your identity before disclosing the requested information. To do so, we may ask that you log into your account or provide us with your:
- First name*, Middle initial, Last name*
- Email address
- Phone number
When you make a request, you will be asked to answer a few questions about yourself to help us verify your identity. Third-party identification services may help us with verification to prevent disclosure of your personal information resulting from fraudulent requests. You may be asked to log into your online account and complete a one-time passcode validation. In the event more documentation is necessary to verify your identity, we will notify you directly.
What If You Can’t Verify My Identity?
If we can’t verify your identity, we will notify you, and your request(s) to access, request, or delete your personal information may not be processed. Any requests may be denied if we have reason to believe they are fraudulent.
How Do I Submit a Request Using an Authorized Agent?
If you’d like an authorized agent to exercise your rights for you, they may use the same links described above to submit requests. We require documentation demonstrating your agent’s authority to submit requests on your behalf. For example, a valid power of attorney or other documentation, including a letter, signed by you (the California resident) authorizing the agent to submit your requests. You can download a sample letter from the request form. Documentation may be uploaded at the time you submit your request on our website or provided to us up to 10 business days after. If you submit your request by calling, you can email your forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Number of Requests Received in 2022
To view metrics about how many requests we received last year, please click How Many California Consumer Privacy Act Requests Did We Fulfill Last Year?
Shine the Light
California residents also have the right to request that we provide you with (a) a list of certain categories of personal information we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and (b) the identity of those third parties. To exercise this right, contact us at the address below.
Notice of Financial Incentive
If we provide a financial incentive, we will provide you with the details, including how the incentive is related to your data before you participate so that you may make an informed decision about whether and how to participate. In the event you decide to take advantage of a financial incentive, you will always have the right to withdraw from participation and we will provide you with directions on how to do so.
Who Can I Contact About the Privacy Notice?
Contact our Customer Service Team or write the Walmart Privacy Office with any questions or comments about this Notice or about how we handle your personal information. The Privacy Office’s address is:
Privacy Office, MS #0160
702 SW 8th Street
Bentonville, AR 72716-0160