Updated July 1, 2021
This policy is also available in Spanish.
- What Information Do We Collect?
- How Do We Collect Information?
- How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
- How Do We Share Your Personal Information Outside of the Walmart Family of Companies?
- Where We Store and Process Personal Information
- How Do We Secure Your Personal Information?
- What Are Your California Privacy Rights?
- Clarifying our sources of personal information
- Adding a chart to illustrate what categories of personal information are shared with each category of third party
- Adding content on where we store and process personal information
The information you share with Walmart helps us partner with you to create and manage our business relationship.
Our founder Sam Walton reminded us that “a promise we make is a promise we keep,” and it’s our promise to our customers, suppliers, sellers, and visitors that we respect the trust you place in us and the privacy of the information you share. Our way of doing that is to let you know in a clear, prominent way how we collect, use, share and above all protect your personal information.
This policy outlines how and why we collect, use, share, and protect the personal information of our Walmart Marketplace Retailers (“sellers”). This policy applies to sellers listing on the Walmart Marketplace.
What Information Do We Collect?
We may collect the following categories of personal information. Not all categories may be collected about every individual:
- Personal identifiers, such as name and address
- Device and online identifiers and related information, such as telephone number and email address
- Government identifiers, such as national identification numbers, driver’s license numbers, and Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number
- Demographic information, such as age and date of birth
- Financial information, such as financial institution account information
- Characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law, such as gender and nationality
- Location information, such as geo-location information
- Employment information, such as occupation, title, licenses and professional memberships
How Do We Collect Information?
We collect information from you in a variety of ways. It may be:
- Provided directly by you
- Collected from a device associated with you or your household
- Collected from another company within our family of companies
- Collected from an external third-party source
Our goal is to limit the information we collect to the information needed to support our business.
Information Provided Directly by You
You share information with us in various ways, such as when you engage with us for onboarding, account management, and using our seller-facing websites or mobile applications or seller tools.
When you engage in these activities, you may share different types of personal information with us, such as your name, email address, physical or postal address, phone number, date of birth and location information. You also provide us information in other ways through technology. Some of this information may be linked to you personally. This information helps us effectively partner with you and conduct our business.
Information Collected From a Device Associated With You
You also provide us information in other ways through technology. Some of this information may be linked to you personally. This information helps us effectively partner with you and conduct our business.
Information We Collect From Another Company Within Our Family of Companies
We may collect your personal information from another organization within our corporate family of companies, such as with Sam's Club and Moosejaw.com.
Information We Collect From External Third-Party Sources
As part of our standard seller onboarding process, we may receive information from third party sources, such as business credit report and score to help us assess seller fitness, reduce fraud and ensure an effective partnership with you.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
- To create and maintain your seller account
- To fulfill requests and obligations related to our partnership
- To conduct auditing and monitoring of transactions and engagement
- To protect the security and integrity of our websites, mobile services and our business
- To help prevent fraud
- To update our operational and technical functionality
- To conduct business analysis, such as analytics, projections, identifying areas for operational improvement
- To conduct research, development, and training opportunities
- To fulfill our legal and compliance functions or obligations
How Do We Share Your Personal Information Outside of the Walmart Family of Companies?
All of the categories of personal information that we collect may be shared with other companies, including those within our corporate family, for a business purpose. We may share your personal information in limited circumstances, such as to conduct our business, or when legally required to do so by law. We may share personal information about you with service providers that help with our business activities. We require our service providers to keep your personal information secure, and do not allow our service providers to use or share your personal information for any purpose other than providing services on our behalf.
We may share personal information that is directly related to your business relationship with Walmart with other members of our corporate family of companies.
We may share your personal information in other special circumstances, which include situations when sharing is required by law, or we believe sharing will help to protect the safety, property, or rights of Walmart, our customers, our associates, or other persons.
Categories of Personal Information We Disclose to Each Type of Third Party
We may share your personal information with certain categories of third parties, as described below.
|Types of Third Parties to Which the Personal Information Was Disclosed for a Business Purpose||Categories of Personal Information Disclosed for a Business Purpose|
Those we are legally required to share with
Device and Online Identifiers
Characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law
|Service providers that receive data in order to provide services to us (e.g. technology providers, cloud storage providers, etc.)|
Device and Online Identifiers
Where We Store and Process Personal Information
Personal information collected by Walmart may be stored and processed in the United States, and in any other country where Walmart or its affiliates, subsidiaries, or service providers operate facilities for the Walmart Marketplace Program. We take steps to ensure that the data we collect is processed according to the provisions of this policy and the requirements of applicable law wherever the data is located.
By participating in the Walmart Marketplace Program, you acknowledge that your personal information will be processed in the United States, and in any other country where Walmart, its affiliates, subsidiaries, or service providers operate facilities for the Walmart Marketplace Program. Depending on the circumstances, we collect and transfer personal information to these countries with consent; to perform a contract with you; or to fulfill a business interest of Walmart.
How Do We Secure Your Personal Information?
We recognize the importance of maintaining the security of our sellers’ personal information. We use reasonable security measures including physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect your personal information. These measures may include physical and technical security access controls or other safeguards, information security technologies and policies, procedures to help ensure the appropriate disposal of information, and training programs. We have a team of associates who are responsible for helping to protect the security of your information.
Contact our Customer Service Team or write the Walmart Privacy Office with any questions or comments about this Policy or about how we handle your personal information. The Privacy Office’s address is:
Privacy Office, MS #0160
702 SW 8th Street
Bentonville, AR 72716-0160
What Are Your California Privacy Rights?
California Consumer Privacy Act
If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act provides you with specific rights regarding your information, including the ability to request that we stop selling your personal information. We do not sell your personal information.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights. This generally means we will not deny you goods or services, charge different prices or rates, provide a different level of service or quality of goods, or suggest that you might receive a different price or level of quality for goods.