Walmart Start is an exciting beauty brand accelerator program that sets emerging brands up for successful glow-ups by giving them a chance to launch at Walmart.
The selected brands have a potential opportunity to be launched at Walmart, while also receiving access to various resources to help set each brand up for their launch.
EducationIn our virtual classroom series, suppliers will learn useful tips in all areas, ranging from shipping to invoicing to prepare them for a potential launch. During Walmart Start, selected accelerator brands will also get to choose a brand management consultant and operational individualized support on how to navigate Walmart tools, process, requirements, reporting and more to prepare for a potential launch at Walmart.
Brand ActivationThe goal is to launch all Walmart Start brands at Walmart, either online and/or in-store, as beauty’s next big bets. What’s even better is that all brands selected to launch under Walmart Start will be included in select marketing efforts like campaigns on Walmart.com. Selected brands will also receive Walmart Connect Acceleration Academy admission, which includes Walmart Connect credits.
Mentorship and NetworkingLearn from some of the best with continued one-on-one mentorship from your Walmart merchants. Plus, connect with and learn from industry professionals and brand founders through our exclusive monthly speaker series.
Once winning brands are selected to participate in Walmart Start, the program will begin in August 2023. If selected to launch in stores and/or online, a brand management consultant will be accessible up until your brand’s intended launch date. This program will continue throughout 2023, as brands work through onboarding milestones.
We’re looking for unique, innovative brands that are ready to take it to the next level and become our customers’ next big beauty obsessions. In a nutshell, your brand should:
- Get customers excited with innovative brand, value and product propositions.
- Have high potential for growth.
- Be ready to launch at mass retail scale—meaning you’ve got manufacturing, supply chain and financial capabilities that can support a potential launch in 1,000 stores.
- Meet all Walmart supplier requirements, including:
- Federal Tax ID number
- Minimum of $5M in liability insurance (actual amount varies by business)
- Dun & Bradstreet number
- Ability to submit products for third party testing
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- GS1 membership number
Hair, skin, cosmetics, nails, fragrance and beauty accessory brands will be considered for participation in Walmart Start.
- All training and speaking events will have a virtual option.
- Potential travel for line reviews or important meetings, at supplier’s cost.
- Yes, brands with current or prior in-store modular placement at Walmart will not be considered. Please also note that eligible brands must have a physical product that’s ready to sell and be distributed in stores.
- Brands that are not part of the beauty categories noted above.
Walmart Start brands are expected to launch in Walmart between December 2023 and March 2024, however, launch dates are subject to change at Walmart’s sole discretion.
Team Direct ManagementTeam Direct is a best-in-class multi-functional customer team that specializes in bringing innovative brands to Walmart in an equity-based manner that allows them to excel on the Walmart platform with a strong focus on execution and reliability.
WhyteSpyderWhyteSpyder has been a founding member of the Walmart Connected Content Partner (CCP) program since 2015. Its partnerships with Walmart teams have inspired software and services to help suppliers and sellers manage their catalog, optimize rank, increase conversions and boost sales specifically within Walmart's digital ecosystem.
YotpoYotpo is an eCommerce marketing platform that helps brands win customers for life with reviews, SMS marketing, loyalty and referrals, subscriptions, and visual UGC. Yotpo's partnership with Walmart allows sellers to syndicate reviews from their website directly to their product listings on Walmart.com.
We’re so excited for this inaugural group of founders to share their amazing new brands. We know incredible things are in store.
The Hair LabFounder: Eric Delapenha
Created by Strands Hair Care, The Hair Lab by Strands™ brings scientific expertise and state-of-the-art hair analysis technology exclusively to Walmart. Now, everyone has access to the customized hair care of their dreams...in minutes.
Shop The Hair Lab
Pardon My FroFounder: Dana Bly
Afro-obsessed and built on having an unapologetic attitude, reflected in all our hair products created. Pardon My Fro launched their first line of beauty products exclusively with Walmart.
Shop Pardon My Fro
DossierFounder: Sergio Tache
The fair alternative to luxury perfumes. Dossier manufactures high quality fragrances made in France, inspired by iconic scents.
PaintlabFounder: Karina Sulzer
Bridging the gap between fun and attainable, Paintlab offers innovative, professional quality press-on nails, makeup and accessories. This new brand is here for humans who love to express themselves through their look and encourages beauty play and adventure—making everyday a party.
By submitting your products to Walmart, you agree to the following statements:
- You attest that all information you have provided is accurate.
- You attest that you comply with all of Walmart’s supplier requirements.
- You understand that your submission cannot be edited once complete. Please take time now to carefully review your responses and make any edits, as needed.
- You understand that not all applicants will be invited to the next stage of the selection process.
- Selected suppliers must be available to attend pitch meetings.
- You understand that brand launch is in Walmart’s sole discretion and is contingent on suppliers meeting all Walmart requirements, including, but not limited to, agreed upon product costs, manufacturing and shipping capabilities and timelines, etc.
- You understand that marketing placements are not guaranteed and depend on timely launch, item availability, and are at Walmart’s sole discretion.
- You understand that all Walmart Start dates are subject to change at Walmart’s sole discretion.
- Walmart has the right to terminate a brands participation in Walmart Start if brand fails to meet supplier terms and conditions or meet modular timeline requests.