This exciting beauty brand accelerator program sets smaller brands up for successful glow-ups by giving them a chance to launch at Walmart, along with access to all kinds of invaluable tools like virtual classes, professional mentorships and activation support. Read on to learn about the first five up-and-comers.
We’re so excited for this inaugural group of founders to bring their amazing new brands to Walmart customers. We know incredible things are in store.
The Hair LabFounder: Eric Delapenha
Created by Strands Hair Care, The Hair Lab by Strands™ brings scientific expertise and state-of-the-art hair analysis technology exclusively to Walmart. Now, everyone has access to the customized hair care of their dreams...in minutes.
Pardon My FroFounder: Dana Bly
Afro-obsessed and built on having an unapologetic attitude, reflected in all our hair products created. Pardon My Fro will launch their first line of beauty products exclusively with Walmart.
DossierFounder: Sergio Tache
The fair alternative to luxury perfumes. Dossier manufactures high quality fragrances made in France, inspired by iconic scents.
Undefined BeautyFounder: Dorian Morris
Pairing ancient plant wisdom with modern day powerful actives to create high-performance yet accessibly priced skincare and wellness solutions. Undefined Beauty believes that wellness shouldn’t be illusive or exclusive and says—"let’s democratize it".
PaintlabFounder: Karina Sulzer
Bridging the gap between fun and attainable, Paintlab offers innovative, professional quality press-on nails, makeup and accessories. This new brand is here for people who love to express themselves through their look, encouraging beauty play and adventure—making every day a party.
Education· Virtual classroom series
· 1:1 brand management consultant
Brand Activation· Launch as Walmart Beauty’s next big bets
· Inclusion in select marketing efforts
· Walmart Connect support
Mentorship and Networking· 1:1 merchant mentor
· Expert professional speaker series
Please note that brands with current or prior in-store modular placement at Walmart will not be considered.
We’re looking for unique, innovative brands that are ready to take it to the next level and become our customers’ next big beauty obsessions. In a nutshell, your brand should:
- Get customers excited with innovative brand, value and product propositions.
- Have high potential for growth.
- Be ready to launch at mass retail scale—meaning you’ve got manufacturing, supply chain and financial capabilities that can support a potential launch in 1,000 to 3,500 stores.
- Meet all Walmart supplier requirements, including:
- Federal Tax ID number
- Minimum of $5M in liability insurance (actual amount varies by business)
- Dun & Bradstreet number
- Ability to submit products for third party testing
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- GS1 membership number
Hair, skin, cosmetics, nails, fragrance and beauty accessory brands will be considered for participation in Walmart Start.
No. There’s no travel required for training, and all speaking events will be held virtually.
Yes, brands with current or prior in-store modular placement at Walmart will not be considered. Please also note that eligible brands must have a physical product that’s ready to sell and be distributed in stores.
Team Direct ManagementTeam Direct is a best-in-class multi-functional customer team that specializes in bringing innovative brands to Walmart in an equity-based manner that allows them to excel on the Walmart platform with a strong focus on execution and reliability.
WhyteSpyderWhyteSpyder has been a founding member of the Walmart Connected Content Partner (CCP) program since 2015. Its partnerships with Walmart teams have inspired software and services to help suppliers and sellers manage their catalog, optimize rank, increase conversions and boost sales specifically within Walmart's digital ecosystem.
YotpoYotpo is an eCommerce marketing platform that helps brands win customers for life with reviews, SMS marketing, loyalty and referrals, subscriptions, and visual UGC. Yotpo's partnership with Walmart allows sellers to syndicate reviews from their website directly to their product listings on Walmart.com.
By submitting your products to Walmart, you agree to the following statements:
- You attest that all information you have provided is accurate.
- You attest that you comply with all of Walmart’s supplier requirements.
- You understand that your submission cannot be edited once complete. Please take time now to carefully review your responses and make any edits, as needed.
- You understand that not all applicants will be invited to the next stage of the selection process.
- Selected suppliers must be available to attend pitch meetings.
- You understand that brand launch is contingent on suppliers meeting all Walmart requirements, including, but not limited to, agreed upon product costs, manufacturing and shipping capabilities and timelines, etc.
- You understand that marketing placements are not guaranteed and depend on timely launch, item availability, and are at Walmart’s sole discretion.
- You understand that all Walmart Start dates are subject to change at Walmart’s sole discretion.