Our truck drivers have also delivered over 30 truckloads of donations of essential resources such as water, ice and supplies. These items, along with food, shower and laundry services, including P&G’s Tide Loads of Hope, have been made available for associates and the community across our stores and clubs in the area.
To date, our stores and clubs have hosted more than 15 giveaway events. We are grateful to nonprofit partners such as Cajun Navy, Salvation Army and United Way of Lee, Hendry and Glades Counties that have worked alongside our associates to help get resources to people in need.
Part of the initial $6 million commitment from Walmart, Sam’s Club and the Walmart Foundation has supported nonprofits leading efforts to feed and shelter people, clean up debris and provide relief to underserved communities, including:
- Cajun Navy – Providing food and essential supplies to people through Cajun Navy SAFE Camps.
- CORE – Focusing relief efforts on low-income and mobile home communities, including several affected neighborhoods with large elderly, immigrant, Black, Latino and unhoused populations.
- Operation BBQ Relief – Preparing and distributing meals to people impacted and those who have joined relief efforts.
- Salvation Army – Coordinating with national and local emergency management officials and volunteers to prepare food for Hurricane Ian survivors.
- SBP – Helping people access resources and funding for recovery and regranting through its SHARE Fund to support community organizations leading cleanup efforts.
- The Smile Trust – Providing relief services and conducting wellness checks in underserved communities in Southwest Florida.
- Volunteer Florida Foundation – Supporting response and recovery activities as the State of Florida’s official private fund established to provide financial assistance to communities.
As part of our commitment, we offered to maximize contributions from our customers and members by matching their donations at our stores and clubs to the American Red Cross 1:1, up to $2.5 million. Thanks to their generous support, together we raised over $10 million to support hurricane relief efforts.
While recovery continues, we will continue to be here for our associates, customers, members and their families.
Oct. 4, 2022