Collectively, these grants further strengthen the vibrancy of the region, its ability to provide all residents access to nationally recognized world-class arts and cultural amenities, and bring additional economic opportunity to the surrounding area.
- Walton Arts Center – A renewed commitment to WAC will support the expansion of the Walmart Arkansas Music Pavilion (AMP) in Rogers, which is owned and operated by WAC. The commitment will extend Walmart’s title sponsorship of the venue to a total of 30 years, and will further strengthen the organization’s ability to bring great performing artists and entertainers from around the world to Northwest Arkansas.
- LPGA – Renew Walmart’s title sponsorship of the Walmart Northwest Arkansas Championship presented by P&G for two years through 2020. This renewal guarantees one of the region’s most premier events returns to Northwest Arkansas.
- Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art – A renewed commitment to the museum will support the growth of visitors while maintaining free admission. It will also provide support to the Momentary, an innovative new contemporary art facility under development in downtown Bentonville..
- TheatreSquared – A first-time capital investment will support the organization’s capital campaign to build a permanent home for the region’s only year-round professional theatre, located in Fayetteville. The 50,000 square-foot facility will include two intimate theatres, rehearsal space, a three-level commons and café, outdoor gathering spaces, production workshops, offices, and artists’ apartments.
In addition, the Walmart Foundation announces more than $5 million to strengthen the long-term capacity of the region to meet healthcare infrastructure needs. Nonprofits receiving grants include Mercy Health Foundation and the Northwest Arkansas Community College.
- Mercy Health Foundation – Funding supports the expansion of Mercy Health’s main Northwest Arkansas facility and the strategic addition of six new primary and specialty clinics in Benton and Washington counties. This project will help position the region to meet long-term healthcare needs in the critical areas of growth and access.
- Northwest Arkansas Community College – Funding supports the construction of a new facility in Washington County. The new Center will allow NWACC to continue to provide accessible, affordable and quality education in the region, specifically increasing NWACC’s ability to educate and train more healthcare professionals needed to meet the healthcare demands within the region.
To build on the tradition of supporting the Northwest Arkansas community and deepen impact, Walmart and the Walmart Foundation investments are focused on growing long-term capacity and capabilities of the region to: 1) Provide hunger relief and promote healthy eating, and 2) Enhance the quality of life for all residents, with a specific focus on regional planning and increasing access to arts and recreational programs.
About Philanthropy at Walmart
By using our strengths to help others, Walmart and the Walmart Foundation create opportunities for people to live better every day. Walmart has stores in 28 countries, employing more than 2.3 million associates and doing business with thousands of suppliers who, in turn, employ millions of people. Our philanthropy helps people live better by supporting upward job mobility and economic development for the retail workforce; addressing hunger and making healthier, more sustainably-grown food a reality; and building strong communities where Walmart operates and inspiring our associates to give back. To learn more about Walmart’s giving, visit http://www.foundation.walmart.com.