At Walmart, we believe in making a difference on the issues our customers and communities care about. We believe we can create more American jobs by supporting more American manufacturing. Jump-starting the manufacturing industry and rebuilding the middle class requires a national effort by companies, industry leaders, lawmakers and others.
Together, we can help spark a revitalization of U.S.-based manufacturing. By making production more affordable and feasible in the United States, we can bring our customers more U.S.-made products and manufacturers can create more jobs in America.
According to data from our suppliers, items that are made, sourced or grown right here in America already account for about two-thirds of what we spend to buy products at Walmart U.S. But there is room to do more.
We are committed to American renewal. By 2023, Walmart has pledged to purchase approximately $250 billion in products that support the creation of American jobs.
We will accomplish this by working with suppliers to:
- Increase what we already buy of U.S. manufactured goods
- Source “new to Walmart” U.S. manufactured goods
- Re-shore the manufacturing of goods we currently buy by facilitating and accelerating efforts of our suppliers
Since January 2013, we’ve met with hundreds of our suppliers and visited dozens of factories across the U.S. and around the world.
Walmart's 2018 Open Call Event
The American entrepreneurial spirit was very much alive at Walmart’s fifth annual Open Call event at our corporate offices on June 13, 2018 in Bentonville Arkansas. With a theme of Investing in American Jobs, more than 450 businesses lined the halls to meet face-to-face with buyers in hopes of landing the deal of a lifetime. And, for many, those hopes are closer to becoming reality. Check out the highlights.
Jobs In U.S. Manufacturing (JUMP) Portal
Our JUMP Portal is a dedicated site for Walmart Suppliers and those who are interested in U.S. Manufacturing and/or re-shoring their current operations back to the U.S. JUMP Subscribers can log-in and search our knowledge base for documents and videos, as well as submit product proposals and certifications.
- JUMP Resources Page: We’ve added a comprehensive and easy-to-navigate collection of resources, that are external to Walmart, to our Jobs In U.S. Manufacturing (JUMP) Portal. These organizations and businesses are respected across the country for their contributions to U.S. Manufacturing and the small business owner. They offer unrivaled knowledge and expertise among their professions, many offering their advice/services to Walmart Suppliers and JUMP Subscribers for free.
- Visit www.walmart-jump.com to learn more.
U.S. Manufacturing Innovation Fund
Innovation is part of the heart and soul of Walmart. By investing in ingenuity, we can transform our approach to manufacturing to be more cost-effective and efficient. The Walmart U.S. Manufacturing Innovation Fund focuses on the development of domestic manufacturing with a specific goal of advancing the production or assembly of consumer products in the U.S.The Fund has provided a total of $10 million in grants since 2014. 2017 marked the third and final round of grants from the Fund; however, grantees will continue their work and report their progress over the next several years. Get more details here.