Celebrities adding to the excitement of the day included Chef Robert Irvine who shared advice for how businesses can pivot during times of crisis, five-time Olympic gold medalist Missy Franklin who encouraged participants to “be confident, believe in yourself and believe in your product,” and Snoop Dogg whose gin label Indoggo will be available in Walmart stores next spring.
More than 4,800 small businesses representing 49 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, Australia and Mozambique applied for the chance to pitch a Walmart merchant, a 44% increase in submissions from last year. The virtual nature of this year’s event also made it possible for the company to increase the number of meetings. Nearly 900 meetings were held, also 44% more than last year.
The most popular categories were food, health and wellness and personal care. Products pitched reflect consumer trends in healthy foods, natural products, ethnic cuisine, snacks and adult beverages.
Some of the businesses moving on to the next step with Walmart include:
- Medzone – Face Balm (Kansas)
- The Dog Perk Corporation – Pet Bandana (Minnesota)
- Fresh Nature Foods – Green Chickpea Falafel Cakes (Washington)
- K-Co (veteran owned) – Brass Hose Nozzle (California)
- DNA Vineyards – Wine (California)
- Sierra Sage Herbs, LLC – Natural Cold Sore Relief (Colorado)
- RPM, Inc. – Plastic Plant Coaster (Minnesota)
- ChocZero – Dark Chocolate Keto Bark (California)
- MyBread – Gluten Free Baked Goods (Wisconsin)
- Rastelli Foods Group – Chuck and Short Rib Craft Burger (New Jersey)
- Vow Beauty – Facial Toner (New Jersey)
- TipSee Light Co. LLC – BBQ Light (New York)
- Pompette Beverages, Inc. – Clementine Berry Hard Sparkling Water (New York)
- That's My Girl, Inc. – Elastic Waist Dress (New York)
- GRIP THAT FLIPS, LLC – Translucent Mobile Device Grip Flip (Florida)
- Skinny Latina – Hot Sauce (Florida)
- Advanced Graphics, Inc. – Salty Bones Folding Fishing Ruler (Florida)
- Unique Solutions USA – Water Clarifying and Bio-cleaner (Florida)
The five states with the largest numbers of businesses receiving “yes” responses are California, New York, Florida, Ohio and New Jersey.
Walmart Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better - anytime and anywhere - in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, over 265 million customers and members visit approximately 11,500 stores under 56 banners in 27 countries and eCommerce websites. With fiscal year 2020 revenue of $524 billion, Walmart employs over 2.2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting corporate.walmart.com, on Facebook at facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at twitter.com/walmart.