A History of Advancement, An Opportunity to Succeed
Walmart is a place of opportunity. Here, you can go as far as your hard work and talent will take you.
Our associates are building better lives for their families, and we’re proud to be a part of their success stories. We offer competitive pay, health care and beneﬁts, as well as bonus opportunities, merchandise discounts, and most of all, a chance to move up.
Did you know?
- Walmart is investing $2.7 billion over two years in higher wages, education and training.
- More than 75% of our store management teams started as hourly associates, and they earn between $50,000 and $170,000 a year — similar to what firefighters, accountants, and even doctors make.
- Last year, we promoted more than 200,000 people to jobs with more responsibility and higher pay.
- Over 300,000 associates have been with Walmart for 10 years or more.
- Full- and part-time associates are eligible for quarterly bonuses based on store performance. Last year, associates earned more than $550 million in bonuses.
- Full- and part-time associates are eligible for 15% tuition grants at American Public University.
- Walmart offers scholarships to associates and their dependents through the Walmart Foundation.
- Walmart associates can earn college credit for work experience.
- Since the credit for prior learning program was launched in 2010, Walmart associates have qualified for more than $48 million in tuition cost and fee savings and reduced their potential time in class by well over 2,500,000 hours.
- Above and beyond earning college credit for work experience, Walmart associates have enrolled for and completed more than 65,000 college courses with APU.