At an event held in Washington, D.C., on January 20, 2011, Walmart unveiled a comprehensive effort to provide its customers with healthier and more affordable food choices. The event was joined by First Lady Michelle Obama. The five key elements of the program are:
1. Reformulating thousands of everyday packaged food items by 2015
2. Making more nutritious choices more affordable,
3. Developing strong criteria for a simple front-of-package seal
4. Providing solutions to address food deserts
5. Increasing charitable support for nutrition programsClick here
for more information about this event.Click here
to find more about Walmart's healthier foods initiative.