Holiday traditions are different in every household, even for the most mainstream occasions. My Southern grandmother serves lasagna for Christmas dinner each year and refuses help in the kitchen. However, my in-laws celebrate every major holiday potluck-style, and guests bring their favorite side dish and dessert.
Thanksgiving is only one week away, and whether you’re serving traditional favorites or spicing up the holiday with the unexpected, you’ll find a solution for every table at Walmart.
The Traditionalist on a Budget
You clip coupons on the regular, and you buy in bulk. You love the holidays, not just because of the family get-togethers, but also for the out-of-this-world deals that retailers offer on these special occasions.If you’re looking to get the biggest bang for your Thanksgiving buck, it’s no surprise that Walmart is the smartest one-stop shop. Did you know you can provide a Thanksgiving dinner for 10 for only $32.64 at Walmart? That’s 34% less than the average Thanksgiving meal, according to the latest annual survey from the American Farm Bureau Federation.
And, to give customers even more peace of mind, our Savings Catcher tool now includes the holiday meal centerpiece – holiday ham and turkey.
- Use Savings Catcher to make sure you’re getting the best deal on your ham or turkey.
- Look for Great Value, Marketside and Sam’s Choice products for quality, affordable groceries.
- Save time and money by making a list for your shopping trip.
Green Bean Casserole: 6 ingredients, crowd-pleasing, and budget friendly
The Busy Host
You don’t have time to spend hours in the kitchen. You have a family, responsibilities, or more important things to do than hover over turkey. Or maybe, like me, you work during the holidays and prefer to relax and watch the parade rather than stand at a hot stove. Whatever your reason for wanting a good meal made quickly, we’ve got you covered.
- Frozen appetizers can make time fly as guests wait for the main meal. And, they’ve gotten a gourmet upgrade this year – for example, our Sam’s Choice mozzarella cheese sticks now include asiago cheese, and our sliders now include a pretzel bun.
- Take a shortcut with ready-made frozen piecrusts, dinner rolls or some of Walmart’s pre-made pies found in the bakery section.
Heavenly Sweet Potatoes: a flavor-packed dish in only 30-minutes.
The Adventurous Chef
You fear no new recipe. You laugh in the face of traditional holiday food. Thanksgiving is your Super Bowl. You’ve been waiting for this all year, and now is your time to shine. You think Walmart just has the basics? Wrong. We have the traditional Thanksgiving meal and those unpredictable ingredients you’re looking for.
Tips to impress:
- To start, pair the perfect wine with Old Croc Australian Sharp Cheddar or Rembrandt Aged Gouda.
- Premium Sam’s Choice Spiral Ham in Molasses Bacon and Honey Glazed.
- Finish on a sophisticated sweet note! Macaroons, supplied by a French patisserie, for only $7.98 per dozen.
Bacon, Pear & Walnut Stuffing: introduce new flavors to a traditional dish to wow your guests.