In fact, people are shopping for school earlier than ever – about 25% of families with kids start buying supplies two months ahead of time, up from just 15% a few years ago, according to the National Retail Federation. Because of this, our stores are ready now and will be until students are back to class.
This year, we’ve worked hard to serve our customers even better by making back-to-school shopping even easier and more affordable. That means no gimmicks, just low prices on the most popular items, backed all season by our Ad Match Guarantee.
We’re particularly excited about these five new elements:
1. Lower prices. We’re rolling back prices on 10% more back-to-school items compared to last year, including more than 2,000 items for under $3, more than 800 items under $2 and more than 300 under $1.
- Back-to-school essentials like 1-inch binders, Expo dry-erase markers and Uni-Ball gel pens are all less than $3.
- Top-selling items including 12-count colored pencils, Fiskars scissors, 10-packs of mechanical pencils, Sharpie highlighters and Five Star notebooks are all less than $2.
- Popular favorites like 24-count Crayola crayons, 2-count Elmer’s Glue Sticks, 1-inch binders and packs of wide-ruled notebook paper are all less than $1.
2. An easier, faster shopping experience. Walmart.com has more back-to-school items than ever – in fact, 30% more items than last year, making it even easier for our customers to find what they’re looking for.
In our stores, customers can find items like notebook paper, folders, pens and pencils placed in the aisles they shop the most, making it easy to pick up other items on their lists. As always, we’ll have school supply lists available, and we’ll also have maps for easier navigation.
3. Expanded apparel guarantee. We’re expanding our quality guarantee for apparel to include clothing purchased on Walmart.com. If customers aren’t completely satisfied with clothing they’ve bought, they can return the item with a receipt for a full refund within 90 days.
4. 10% off for teachers. From July 25-31, teachers will get 10% back on a Walmart eGift Card on more than 15,000 classroom supplies every time they shop in our stores. The Teacher Appreciation event joins Walmart’s ongoing efforts to support educators, giving more than $20 million in the last five years.
5. The hottest trends. Our customers will find exclusive apparel, including top-selling graphic tees with characters from popular movies like Disney’s Frozen and Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
For more than 50 years, our customers have trusted
us to have the items they need at the prices they can afford all year long, and
especially during the back-to-school season. Whether we’re talking pencils and
pens, new clothes or peanut butter and jelly, we work hard to be there for them.