Editor’s Note: Check out the hottest new toys chosen for kids, by kids, in 2021.
BENTONVILLE, Ark., Sept. 3, 2020 — It’s here! Walmart, America’s Best Toy Shop, unveiled its highly anticipated annual Top-Rated by Kids Toy List today. The list features the 36 hottest toys for the 2020 holiday season, tested and selected by the real experts, kids.
“This year’s Top-Rated by Kids Toy List reflects the shift we’ve seen in toy trends and behaviors this year,” Steve Ronchetto, vice president of Toys at Walmart, said. “Toys play a critical role in families’ lives as they spend more time at home and parents seek ways to keep kids engaged with learning-based play. More than any year before, we’re seeing strong interest across toys that stem from digital platforms, like kid influencer-created toys, interactive and educational toys, screen-free indoor entertainment and toys for active outdoor play.”
After much expert kid testing and playing, here are the toys that made it to the top for the 2020 List:
From the TV to the Toy Room
Kids are spending more time than ever streaming their favorite shows, and these toys bring popular characters to life.
- Frozen 2 - Magic in Motion Elsa Doll ($59.00)
- Blue's Clues & You Peek-A-Boo ($24.84)
- Paw Patrol Dino Patroller ($59.00)
- The Child Bop It ($14.88) - Walmart Exclusive
- LEGO Death Star Final Duel ($89.00) - Walmart Exclusive
- Star Wars Dark Saber ($29.84)
These toys – both digital and role play – encourage creativity and content creation for young minds.
- Sensory FX ASMR Mega Bar ($19.88) - Walmart Exclusive
- VTech KidiZoom Creator Cam ($59.00)
- Instax Mini 7S Seafoam Green ($59.00) - Walmart Exclusive
- onn. 8” Tablet Pro ($99.00) - Walmart Exclusive
More time at home means more time with interactive toys that inspire imagination for hours of fun, learning-based play.
- Disney Princess Vanity ($49.88)
- Gotta Go Flamingo ($28.82)
- FurReal Mama Josie Kangaroo Pet ($67.00)
- Squeakee ($58.00)
- My Life As Hello Kitty Dolls ($35.00) - Walmart Exclusive
- Barbie Farm Barn Playset ($74.00) - Walmart Exclusive
- L.O.L. Surprise OMG REMIX Dolls ($34.88, available mid-September)
An element of surprise in each of these toys bring kids excitement from the moment they unbox.
- The Animal ($34.88, available October 1)
- Treasure X - Sharks Treasure ($19.87)
- Hatchimals Crystal Flyers ($29.77)
- Na! Na! Na! Ultimate Surprise ($69.00)
- L.O.L. Surprise Clubhouse Playset ($49.88)
- Ryan’s World Vending Machine ($39.82) - Walmart Exclusive
Energy-Burning Outdoor Toys
These days, getting outside and being active is important, and these highly engaging toys provide limitless outdoor play.
- Jetson Mars Light Up Kick Scooter ($34.94) - Walmart Exclusive
- Semi-Truck and Trailer Ride On ($249.00) - Walmart Exclusive
- Jetson Plasma Light Up Hoverboard ($148.00) - Walmart Exclusive
- Razor Black Label E100 Electric Scooter ($128.00) - Walmart Exclusive
- Nerf Fortnite DG ($29.97) - Walmart Exclusive
Screen-Free Indoor Entertainment
Keep kids busy and engaged for hours without a screen with these interactive toys.
- Tic Tac Tony ($9.97) - Walmart Exclusive
- Kinetic Sand Sandwhirlz ($19.82)
- Spark Puppy Piano ($19.82) - Walmart Exclusive
- Little People Launch & Loop Raceway ($49.44)
- VTech Helping Heroes Fire Station ($39.82)
- Hot Wheels Sky Crash Tower ($44.68)
- Beyblade Burst Rise Hypersphere Set ($49.67)
- Megalodon Storm RC ($43.88)
Walmart Wonder Lab
As a bonus for kids who want to experience the Top-Rated by Kids toys themselves, Walmart is excited to announce the launch of Walmart Wonder Lab. Starting today, kids can play and engage with hundreds of toys from the aisles of America’s Best Toy Shop. Created in partnership with eko, the Walmart Wonder Lab transports kids into a choice-driven experience where kids can unbox, test and play with this holiday season’s hottest toys without leaving home.
The Top-Rated by Kids Toy List makes it easy for families and friends to shop this year’s best toys, no matter what type of fun their gift recipient is looking for. There are many convenient pickup and delivery options that customers can take advantage of as soon as the same day with services like Pickup and delivery or as quickly as the next day with services like Express delivery or shipped from Walmart.com. Walmart customers can shop for all the Top-Rated by Kids toys however and whenever they want. For more information visit www.walmart.com/TopRatedByKids.
Walmart Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better - anytime and anywhere - in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, over 265 million customers and members visit approximately 11,500 stores under 56 banners in 27 countries and eCommerce websites. With fiscal year 2020 revenue of $524 billion, Walmart employs over 2.2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting corporate.walmart.com, on Facebook at facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at twitter.com/walmart.