- New Walmart Neighborhood Market located at 1355 Knox Abbott Drive
- Cayce Walmart creates about 95 new jobs
- Store open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Grand opening event Wednesday, June 29, 7:30 a.m.
- Local Facebook page: www.facebook.com/walmart5378
CAYCE, S.C., June 22, 2016 – The new Walmart Neighborhood Market in Cayce will open to the community Wednesday, June 29, bringing a broad assortment of fresh, affordable groceries at Walmart’s everyday low prices. Customers will also enjoy the convenience of on-site services such as a full pharmacy, fuel station, and a free store pickup service providing an easy way to shop millions of products on Walmart.com. The new store will employ up to 95 full- and part-time associates.
“We are proud to be a part of the Cayce community,” said store manager Katrina Nichols. “We look forward to opening in time for the busy July 4th holiday weekend and providing area residents with Walmart’s everyday low prices.”
Fresh, Affordable Produce, Meat and Groceries
The store offers fresh produce and meat, pantry staples and a full line of groceries from leading brands.
In addition to organics and nutritious food choices, customers will also find a full-service deli and in-store bakery offering custom cakes and fresh baked breads.
The Neighborhood Market includes a pharmacy with a full range of products, immunizations and services and Walmart pharmacists ready to assist customers with product and prescription questions. Cayce residents can easily transfer prescriptions and order refills on the go with the Walmart mobile app. A drive thru pharmacy window makes prescription drop off and pick up quick and easy.
Millions of Items with Seamless Digital and In-Store Shopping
The store is approximately 41,000 square feet and offers a wide assortment of products to meet the needs of Cayce residents. Customers will find health and beauty aids, pet products and cleaning supplies. Shopping is more convenient than ever as Cayce residents can shop seven million items on Walmart.com, many of which can be shipped for free to any Walmart store through Walmart Pickup.
The Walmart mobile app for iPhone and Android makes shopping easier than ever. Customers can refill prescription medications, create shopping lists, search the location of items in their store, check weekly ads and prices, save eReceipts and shop Walmart.com through the app.
“We are excited to welcome the new Walmart Neighborhood Market,” said Cayce Mayor Elise Partin. “This will bring 95 new jobs to our city and a welcome addition. Given the market research and feedback we have heard from our citizens, we know another great grocery store is what the people of Cayce are looking for!"
Job Opportunities at Walmart
The store will employ up to 95 associates for full- and part-time positions within the store. Applicants interested in careers at Walmart can apply at a store’s hiring kiosk or online at Walmartcareers.com. Store manager, Katrina Nichols began her Walmart career in 2000 as a cashier at a store in North Augusta.
Starting in 2015, Walmart began making a $2.7 billion investment over a two-year period in higher wages, more scheduling choices and further training for its associates. As part of increased wages across the company, the average full time hourly associate now makes $13.53 an hour in South Carolina. More than 75 percent of store management teams started as hourly associates. In 2014, 160,000 associates were promoted, and 40 percent of those promotions went to associates within the first year of their employment. The new investment is designed to help make Walmart not only a better place to shop but a better place to work.
The grand-opening celebration includes presentations of grants from the Walmart Foundation to local community groups. The new store will also continue a commitment by Walmart and the Walmart Foundation to fight hunger in Cayce and across the U.S. Walmart and the Walmart Foundation recently exceeded a $2 billion goal to fight hunger one year ahead of schedule and have donated more than 1.5 billion pounds of food to those in need across the country.
Two Celebration Events: Grand Opening and A Big Family Welcome
Local associates will provide a special welcome to members of the Cayce community at two public events. Store associates will host a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony on grand opening day, June 29, at 7:30 a.m. The following Saturday, July 2, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., and Sunday, July 3, from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. local residents are invited to A Big Family Welcome celebration. This will give customers a chance to meet Nichols and enjoy fun family activities and free food samples while supplies last.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, nearly 260 million customers and members visit our 11,527 stores under 63 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2016 revenue of $482 billion, Walmart employs more than 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart. Online merchandise sales are available at http://www.walmart.com and http://www.samsclub.com.
Cayce Walmart Neighborhood Market
- Location: 1355 Knox Abbott Drive, Cayce, S.C.
- Size: Approximately 41,000 square feet
- Store manager: Katrina Nichols
- Hours: 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Grand opening: Wednesday, June 29, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m.
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/walmart5378
Greater Convenience and More Ways to Shop:
- Free store pickup program: Customers can shop millions of items on Walmart.com with free shipping to the local store. Many items are available for pickup the same day.
- Walmart Mobile App: Customer can refill prescription medications, create shopping lists, search the location of items within the store, check weekly ads and prices, save eReceipts and shop Walmart.com.
- Fuel station: Customers paying with Walmart gift card receive discount of 3 cents per gallon, etc.
- Financial services
- Bluebird: A product by American Express that provides an alternative to traditional checking and debit accounts
- Access to starter kits for Green Dot’s “GoBank” checking account services
- Money Transfers, Money Orders, and Express Bill Pay offered through MoneyGram
- Walmart Money Card offered through Green Dot
- Bill Payment offered through CheckFreePay
- Walmart2Walmart Money Transfers offered through RIA
- Gift Cards for use at any Walmart store or at Walmart.com.
For more information
- Media contact: Katie Johnston, Mitchell, 225-715-5480
- Walmart Media Relations, 800-331-0085
- Walmart information online: www.corporate.walmart.com; merchandise sales: www.walmart.com