New store located at
1301 N. Victory Place in the Burbank Empire Center
- Burbank Walmart creates approximately 300 jobs
- Store open 7 a.m. to midnight, seven days a week
- Grand opening event Wednesday, June 22, 7:30 a.m.
- Local Facebook page: www.facebook.com/walmart5686
BURBANK, Calif., June 22, 2016 – A new Walmart Supercenter in Burbank will open Wednesday, June 22, bringing a broad assortment of fresh groceries and general merchandise at everyday low prices. Customers will also enjoy convenient on-site services such as a full pharmacy and a free store pickup service providing an easy way to shop millions of products on Walmart.com, with many items available for pickup the same day. The new store will employ approximately 300 full- and part-time associates.
“We’ve all worked so hard to become a part of the Burbank community this summer season,” said Panthi Patel, store manager. “Our store is here to provide everything you need for all kinds of summer activities, whether it’s a day at the pool, at the park or simply an outdoor cookout.”
Fresh, Affordable Produce, Meat and Groceries
The Burbank Supercenter is a full grocery store with fresh produce, meat, pantry staples and more at Walmart’s everyday low prices. In addition to organics and nutritious food choices, customers will also find a full-service deli and in-store bakery offering custom cakes and fresh baked breads.
Full-Service Pharmacy Offers Health and Wellness Services
The pharmacy offers a full range of products and services, including prescription and over-the-counter medications, health monitors and more. Pharmacists can administer most commonly requested immunizations, including flu shots. Burbank residents can easily transfer prescriptions and order refills on the go with the Walmart mobile app.
Millions of Items with Easy Digital and In-Store Shopping
The store is approximately 143,000 square feet and stocked with quality electronics, furniture, automotive, sporting goods, home improvement, apparel, toys and more from top brands at Walmart’s everyday low prices. Like all Walmart stores, the Burbank store will feature Walmart Pickup, free store pickup service offering free shipping from Walmart.com on eligible items. Many items are available for pickup the same day.
The Walmart mobile app for iPhone and Android makes shopping easier than ever. Customers can refill prescription medications, create shopping lists, search the location of items in their store, check weekly ads and prices, save eReceipts and shop Walmart.com through the app.
(Editor’s Note: Please see attached fact sheet for more information about additional services available at this store.)
Job Opportunities at Walmart
The store will employ approximately 300 associates for full- and part-time positions within the store. Applicants interested in careers at Walmart can apply at a store’s hiring kiosk or online at Walmartcareers.com. Store manager, Panthi Patel began his Walmart career in 2012 as a co-manager in Santa Clarita.
Starting in 2015, Walmart began making a $2.7 billion investment over a two year period in higher wages, more scheduling choices and further training for its associates. As part of increased wages across the company, the average full time hourly associate now makes $13.69 an hour in California. More than 75 percent of store management teams started as hourly associates. In 2014, 160,000 associates were promoted, and 40 percent of those promotions went to associates within the first year of their employment. The new investment is designed to help make Walmart not only a better place to shop but a better place to work.
The grand-opening celebration includes presentations of $7,500 in grants from Walmart to local community groups including Boys & Girls Club of Burbank & Greater East Valley, Burbank Police Foundation and Burbank Community YMCA. The new store will also continue a commitment by Walmart and the Walmart Foundation to fight hunger in Burbank and across the U.S. Walmart and the Walmart Foundation recently exceeded a $2 billion goal to fight hunger one year ahead of schedule and have donated more than 1.5 billion pounds of food to those in need across the country.
Two Celebration Events: Grand Opening and A Big Family Welcome
Local associates will provide a special welcome to members of Burbank at two public events. Store associates will host a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony on grand opening day, June 22, at 7:30 a.m. The following Saturday, June 25, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., and Sunday, June 26, from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. local residents are invited to A Big Family Welcome celebration. This will give customers a chance to meet Patel and enjoy fun family activities and free food samples while supplies last.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, nearly 260 million customers and members visit our 11,527 stores under 63 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2016 revenue of $482 billion, Walmart employs more than 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart. Online merchandise sales are available at http://www.walmart.com and http://www.samsclub.com.
- Location: 1301 N. Victory Place, Burbank, Calif.
- Size: Approximately 143,000 square feet
- Store manager: Panthi Patel
- Hours: 7 a.m. to midnight, seven days a week
- Grand opening: Wednesday, June 22, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m.
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/walmart1234
Greater Convenience and More Ways to Shop:
- Free store pickup program: Customers can shop millions of products on Walmart.com and have them shipped to the store for free
- Walmart Mobile App: Customer can refill prescription medications, create shopping lists, search the location of items within the store, check weekly ads and prices, save eReceipts and shop Walmart.com.
- Financial services
- Bluebird: A product by American Express that provides an alternative to traditional checking and debit accounts
- Access to starter kits for Green Dot’s “GoBank” checking account services
- Money Transfers, Money Orders, and Express Bill Pay offered through MoneyGram
- Walmart Money Card offered through Green Dot
- Walmart2Walmart Money Transfers offered through RIA
- Bill Payment offered through “CheckFreePay”
- Gift Cards for use at any Walmart store or at Walmart.com.
For more information
- Media contact: Chuck Sifuentes, Milagro Strategy Group, 626-283-8081
- Walmart Media Relations, 800-331-0085
- Walmart information online: www.corporate.walmart.com; merchandise sales: www.walmart.com