- New store located at 494 W. Interstate 30
- Royse City Walmart creates about 300 jobs
- Store open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Grand opening event Wednesday, Nov. 11, 7:30 a.m.
- Local Facebook page: www.facebook.com/walmart5987
ROYSE CITY, Texas, Nov. 11, 2015 – A new Walmart Supercenter in Royse City will open Wednesday, Nov. 11, bringing a broad assortment of fresh groceries and general merchandise at everyday low prices. Customers will also enjoy convenient on-site services including a Walmart Vision Center, Walmart Pharmacy and Walmart Care Clinic making this an easy to shop health and wellness destination. In addition, customers will have access to a free store pickup service providing an easy way to shop millions of products on Walmart.com, with many items available for pickup the same day. This store will feature scan-and-go, one of Walmart’s new services. The new store will employ up to 300 full- and part-time associates.
“We are excited to be a part of the Royse City community, especially in time for the holidays,” said Christi Cox, store manager. “With our advanced features, we will be able to provide residents with the best shopping experience.”
Fresh, Affordable Produce, Meat and Groceries
The Royse City Supercenter is a full grocery store with fresh produce, meat, pantry staples and more at Walmart’s everyday low prices. In addition to organics and nutritious food choices, customers will also find a full-service deli and in-store bakery offering custom cakes and fresh baked breads.
& Wellness Destination
Royce City combines three of Walmart’s health services in one convenient location: Walmart Vision Center, Walmart Pharmacy and a Walmart Care Clinic. Customers can receive eye exams, free vision screenings and free adjustments at the Walmart Vision Center. The Walmart Pharmacy will continue to offer customers immunizations, medication therapy management and $4 generic prescriptions. The Walmart Care Clinic will provide high quality healthcare from licensed, compassionate professionals for acute and chronic needs at everyday low prices.
of Items with Easy Digital and In-Store Shopping
The store is approximately 152,000 square feet and stocked with quality electronics, furniture, automotive, sporting goods, home improvement, apparel, toys and more from top brands at Walmart’s everyday low prices. Like all Walmart stores, the Royse City store will feature Walmart Pickup, free store pickup service offering free shipping from Walmart.com on eligible items. Many items are available for pickup the same day.
The Walmart mobile app for iPhone and Android makes shopping easier than ever. Customers can refill prescription medications, create shopping lists, search the location of items in their store, check weekly ads and prices, save eReceipts and shop Walmart.com through the app.
(Editor’s Note: Please see attached fact sheet for more information about additional services available at this store.)
Job Opportunities at Walmart
The store will employ up to 300 associates for full- and part-time positions within the store. Applicants interested in careers at Walmart can apply at a store’s hiring kiosk or online at Walmartcareers.com. Cox began her Walmart career in 1999 as a part-time cashier.
At Walmart, more than 75 percent of store management teams started as hourly associates. In 2014, 160,000 associates were promoted, and 40 percent of those promotions went to associates within the first year of their employment. Earlier this year Walmart announced it would be investing more than $1B in higher wages and training and other enhancements for its associates.
The grand-opening celebration includes presentations of $8,000 in grants from Walmart and the Walmart Foundation to local community groups including the Military Heritage Collection of North Texas, Our Daily Bread Food Pantry, Royse City ISD Education Foundation, Royse City Police Department and Royse City Fire Department. The new store will also continue a commitment by Walmart and the Walmart Foundation to fight hunger in Royse City and across the U.S. Walmart and the Walmart Foundation recently exceeded a $2 billion goal to fight hunger one year ahead of schedule and have donated more than 1.5 billion pounds of food to those in need across the country.
Celebration Events: Grand Opening and A Big Family Welcome
Local associates will provide a special welcome to members of Royse City at two public events. Store associates will host a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony on grand opening day, Nov. 11, at 7:30 a.m. The following Saturday, Nov. 14, local residents are invited to A Big Family Welcome, which will give customers a chance to meet Cox and enjoy fun family activities and free food samples while supplies last. Join the celebration from noon to 3 p.m.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, we serve nearly 260 million customers who visit our 11,532 stores under 65 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2015 revenue of $486 billion, Walmart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart. Online merchandise sales are available at http://www.walmart.com and http://www.samsclub.com.
Royse City Walmart
- Location: 494 W. Interstate 30, Royse City, Texas
- Size: Approximately 152,000 square feet
- Store manager: Christi Cox
- Hours: 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Grand opening: Wednesday, Nov. 11, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m.
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/walmart5987
Convenience and More Ways to Shop:
- Free store pickup program: Customers can shop millions of products on Walmart.com and have them shipped to the store for free
- Walmart Mobile App: Customer can refill prescription medications, create shopping lists, search the location of items within the store, check weekly ads and prices, save eReceipts and shop Walmart.com.
- Financial services
- Bluebird: A product by American Express that provides an alternative to traditional checking and debit accounts
- Access to starter kits for Green Dot’s “GoBank” checking account services
- Money Transfers, Money Orders, and Express Bill Pay offered through MoneyGram
- Walmart Money Card offered through Green Dot
- Bill Payment offered through CheckFreePay
- Walmart2Walmart Money Transfers offered through RIA
- Gift Cards for use at any Walmart store or at Walmart.com.
- Trade-In programs:
- Media contact: Kristin Welsh, Allyn Media, 214-871-7723
- Walmart Media Relations, 800-331-0085
- Walmart information online: www.corporate.walmart.com; merchandise sales: www.walmart.com