- New Walmart Neighborhood Market located at 519 N. Houston Road
- Warner Robins Walmart creates about 95 new jobs
- Store open 6 a.m. to midnight
- Grand opening event Wednesday, Oct. 28, 7:30 a.m.
- Local Facebook page: www.facebook.com/walmart840
WARNER ROBINS, Ga., Oct. 19, 2015 – The new Walmart Neighborhood Market in Warner Robins will open to the community Wednesday, Oct. 28, bringing a broad assortment of fresh, affordable groceries at Walmart’s everyday low prices. Customers will also enjoy the convenience of on-site services such as a full pharmacy and fuel station and a free store pickup service providing an easy way to shop millions of products on Walmart.com. The new store will employ up to 95 full- and part-time associates.
“We are proud to be a part of the Warner Robins community,” said store manager Willie Holloway. “We look forward to opening and providing area residents with Walmart’s everyday low prices. We’ll have everything our friends and neighbors need for Halloween and the upcoming holiday season. We also offer an immunization clinic to help our customers stay healthy.”
Fresh, Affordable Produce, Meat and Groceries
The store offers fresh produce and meat, pantry staples and a full line of groceries from leading brands.
In addition to organics and nutritious food choices, customers will also find a full-service deli and in-store bakery offering custom cakes, made to order take-and-bake pizzas and fresh baked breads. The new store will carry fresh Georgia peaches.
The Neighborhood Market includes a pharmacy with a full range of products, immunizations and services and Walmart pharmacists ready to assist customers with product and prescription questions. Warner Robins residents can easily transfer prescriptions and order refills on the go with the Walmart mobile app. A drive thru pharmacy window makes prescription drop off and pick up quick and easy.
of Items with Seamless Digital and In-Store Shopping
The store is approximately 41,000 square feet and offers a wide assortment of products to meet the needs of Warner Robins residents. Customers will find health and beauty aids, pet products and cleaning supplies. Shopping is more convenient than ever as Warner residents can shop seven million items on Walmart.com, many of which can be shipped for free to any Walmart store through Walmart Pickup.
The Walmart mobile app for iPhone and Android makes shopping easier than ever. Customers can refill prescription medications, create shopping lists, search the location of items in their store, check weekly ads and prices, save eReceipts and shop Walmart.com through the app.
“I am looking forward to the second location of a Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market to open here in Warner Robins,” said Mayor Randy Toms. “The other location has been a success with the city of Warner Robins and I know this location will be also. The Houston Road location is convenient for so many residents of Warner Robins, it will also provide jobs and many great opportunities for our citizens.”
Job Opportunities at Walmart
The store will employ up to 95 associates for full- and part-time positions within the store. Applicants interested in careers at Walmart can apply at a store’s hiring kiosk or online at Walmartcareers.com. Holloway began his Walmart career in 2001 as an hourly associate at a store in Thomaston.
At Walmart, more than 75 percent of store management teams started as hourly associates. In 2014, 160,000 associates were promoted, and 40 percent of those promotions went to associates within the first year of their employment. Earlier this year Walmart announced it would be making more than a $1B investment in higher wages and training and other enhancements for its associates.
The grand-opening celebration includes presentations of $8,000 in grants from Walmart and the Walmart Foundation. The new store will also continue a commitment by Walmart and the Walmart Foundation to fight hunger in Warner Robins and across the U.S. Walmart and the Walmart Foundation recently exceeded a $2 billion goal to fight hunger one year ahead of schedule and have donated more than 1.5 billion pounds of food to those in need across the country.
Two Celebration Events: Grand Opening and A Big Family Welcome
Local associates will provide a special welcome to members of Warner Robins at two public events. Store associates will host a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony on grand opening day, Oct. 28, at 7:30 a.m. The following Saturday, Oct. 31, local residents are invited to A Big Family Welcome, which will give customers a chance to meet store manager Willie Holloway and enjoy fun family activities and free food samples while supplies last. Join the celebration from noon to 3 p.m.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, we serve nearly 260 million customers who visit our 11,532 stores under 65 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2015 revenue of $486 billion, Walmart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart. Online merchandise sales are available at http://www.walmart.com and http://www.samsclub.com.
Warner Robins Walmart Neighborhood Market
- Location: 519 N. Houston, Warner Robins, Ga.
- Size: Approximately 41,000 square feet
- Store manager: Willie Holloway
- Hours: 6 a.m. to midnight
- Grand opening: Wednesday, Oct. 28, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m.
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/walmart840
Greater Convenience and More Ways to Shop:
- Free store pickup program: Customers can shop millions of items on Walmart.com with free shipping to the local store. Many items are available for pickup the same day.
- Walmart Mobile App: Customer can refill prescription medications, create shopping lists, search the location of items within the store, check weekly ads and prices, save eReceipts and shop Walmart.com.
- Fuel station: Customers paying with Walmart gift card receive discount of 3 cents per gallon, etc.
- Financial services
- Bluebird: A product by American Express that provides an alternative to traditional checking and debit accounts
- Access to starter kits for Green Dot’s “GoBank” checking account services
- Money Transfers, Money Orders, and Express Bill Pay offered through MoneyGram
- Walmart Money Card offered through Green Dot
- Bill Payment offered through CheckFreePay
- Walmart2Walmart Money Transfers offered through RIA
- Gift Cards for use at any Walmart store or at Walmart.com.
For more information
- Media contact: Lindsey Denton, Cookerly, 404-419-9232
- Walmart Media Relations, 800-331-0085
- Walmart information online: www.corporate.walmart.com; merchandise sales: www.walmart.com