- Relocated store located at 15 Tobey Road
- Wareham Walmart creates about 85 new jobs
- Store open 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., seven days a week
- Grand opening event Wednesday, Aug. 26, 7 a.m.
- Local Facebook page: www.facebook.com/walmart2095
WAREHAM, Mass., Aug. 26, 2015 – The relocated Walmart Supercenter in Wareham will open Wednesday, Aug. 26, bringing a broad assortment of fresh groceries and general merchandise at everyday low prices. Customers will also enjoy convenient on-site services such as a full pharmacy and a free store pickup service providing an easy way to shop millions of products on Walmart.com, with many items available for pickup the same day. The new store will employ up to 300 full- and part-time associates.
“Our store will continue to provide our friends and neighbors with a convenient shopping experience, and now with an even larger selection,” said Paul Jandrow, store manager.
Fresh, Affordable Produce, Meat and Groceries
The Wareham Supercenter is a full grocery store with fresh produce, meat, pantry staples and more at Walmart’s everyday low prices. In addition to organics and nutritious food choices, customers will also find a full-service deli and in-store bakery offering custom cakes, fresh baked breads and tortillas.
Full-Service Pharmacy Offers Health
and Wellness Services
The pharmacy offers a full range of products and services, including prescription and over-the-counter medications, health monitors and more. Pharmacists can administer most commonly requested immunizations, including flu shots, and the pharmacy features a drive-through window for added convenience. Wareham residents can easily transfer prescriptions and order refills on the go with the Walmart mobile app. In addition, a full-service vision center offers a wide variety of affordable, quality eyewear – including glasses and contacts – optical products for all ages, and on-site eye exams.
Millions of Items with Easy Digital
and In-Store Shopping
The store is approximately 148,000 square feet and stocked with quality electronics, furniture, automotive, sporting goods, home improvement, apparel, toys and more from top brands at Walmart’s everyday low prices. Like all Walmart stores, the Wareham store will feature Walmart Pickup, free store pickup service offering free shipping from Walmart.com on eligible items. Many items are available for pickup the same day.
The Walmart mobile app for iPhone and Android makes shopping easier than ever. Customers can refill prescription medications, create shopping lists, search the location of items in their store, check weekly ads and prices, save eReceipts and shop Walmart.com through the app.
Job Opportunities at
The store will employ up to 300 associates for full- and part-time positions within the store. Applicants interested in careers at Walmart can apply online at Walmartcareers.com. Jandrow began his Walmart career in 2003 as an assistant manager in North Oxford.
At Walmart, more than 75 percent of store management teams started as hourly associates. In 2014, 160,000 associates are promoted, and 40 percent of those promotions go to associates within the first year of their employment. Earlier this year Walmart announced it would be making more than a $1B investment in higher wages and training and other enhancements for its associates.
Two Celebration Events: Grand
Opening and A Big Family Welcome
Local associates will provide a special welcome to members of Wareham at two public events. Store associates will host a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony on grand opening day, Aug. 26, at 7 a.m. The following Saturday, Aug. 29, local residents are invited to A Big Family Welcome, which will give customers a chance to meet Jandrow and enjoy fun family activities and free food samples while supplies last. Join the celebration from noon to 3 p.m.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 250 million customers and members visit our 11,462 stores under 71 banners in 27 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2015 sales of nearly $486 billion, Walmart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart. Online merchandise sales are available at http://www.walmart.com and http://www.samsclub.com.
- Location: 15 Tobey Road, Wareham, Mass.
- Size: Approximately 148,000 square feet
- Store manager: Paul Jandrow
- Hours: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., seven days a week
- Grand opening: Aug. 26, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7 a.m.
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/walmart2095
Greater Convenience and More Ways to
- Free store pickup program: Customers can shop millions of products on Walmart.com and have them shipped to the store for free
- Walmart Mobile App: Customer can refill prescription medications, create shopping lists, search the location of items within the store, check weekly ads and prices, save eReceipts and shop Walmart.com.
- Fuel station: Customers paying with Walmart gift card receive discount of 3 cents per gallon, etc.
- Financial services
- Bluebird: A product by American Express that provides an alternative to traditional checking and debit accounts
- Access to starter kits for Green Dot’s “GoBank” checking account services
- Money Transfers, Money Orders, and Express Bill Pay offered through MoneyGram
- Walmart Money Card offered through Green Dot
- Walmart2Walmart Money Transfers offered through RIA
- Bill Payment offered through CheckFreePay
- Gift Cards for use at any Walmart store or at Walmart.com.
- Trade-In programs:
For more information
- Media contact: Jim McManus, Slowey/McManus, 617-523-0038
- Walmart Media Relations, 800-331-0085
- Walmart information online: www.corporate.walmart.com; merchandise sales: www.walmart.com