- New Walmart Neighborhood Market located at 203 Cedar Springs Road
- Cedar Springs Walmart creates about 95 new jobs
- Store open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Grand opening event Wednesday, Aug. 5, 7:30 a.m.
- Local Facebook page: www.facebook.com/walmart3338
SPARTANBURG, S.C., July 29, 2015 – The new Walmart Neighborhood Market in Spartanburg will open to the community Wednesday, Aug. 5, bringing a broad assortment of fresh, affordable groceries at Walmart’s everyday low prices. Customers will also enjoy the convenience of on-site services such as a full pharmacy and fuel station, and a free store pickup service providing an easy way to shop millions of products on Walmart.com. The new store will employ up to 95 full- and part-time associates.
are proud to be a part of the Spartanburg community,” said store manager Brad
Dodson. “We look forward to opening and providing area residents with Walmart’s
everyday low prices on items they need such as healthy lunches for
back-to-school and all the essentials for the kick-off to football season.”
Ship BTS items site to store
Fresh, Affordable Produce, Meat and Groceries
The store offers fresh produce and meat, pantry staples and a full line of groceries from leading brands.
In addition to organics and nutritious food choices, customers will also find a full-service deli and in-store bakery offering cakes, fresh baked breads and tortillas.
Full Service Pharmacy
The Neighborhood Market includes a pharmacy with a full range of products, immunizations and services and Walmart pharmacists ready to assist customers with product and prescription questions. Spartanburg residents can easily transfer prescriptions and order refills on the go with the Walmart mobile app. A drive thru pharmacy window makes prescription drop off and pick up quick and easy.
Millions of Items
with Seamless Digital and In-Store Shopping
The store is approximately 42,000 square feet and offers a wide assortment of products to meet the needs of Spartanburg residents. Customers will find health and beauty aids, pet products and cleaning supplies. Shopping is more convenient than ever as Spartanburg residents can shop seven million items on Walmart.com, including back-to-school essentials, many of which can be shipped for free to any Walmart store through Walmart Pickup.
The Walmart mobile app for iPhone and Android makes shopping easier than ever. Customers can refill prescription medications, create shopping lists, search the location of items in their store, check weekly ads and prices, save eReceipts and shop Walmart.com through the app.
“The new Walmart Neighborhood Market will be a big boost to the local economy, and will serve our citizens well,” said Spartanburg Mayor Junie White. “It’s an exciting time for the people in this area, and we can’t wait for grand opening day.”
Opportunities at Walmart
The store will employ up to 95 associates for full- and part-time positions within the store. Applicants interested in careers at Walmart can apply at a store’s hiring kiosk or online at Walmartcareers.com. Store manager Brad Dodson began his Walmart career in 1995 in the bakery department, as an hourly associate, at a store in Johnson City, Tenn.
At Walmart, more than 75 percent of store management teams started as hourly associates. In 2014, 160,000 associates are promoted, and 40 percent of those promotions go to associates within the first year of their employment. Earlier this year Walmart announced it would be making more than a $1B investment in higher wages and training and other enhancements for its associates.
The grand-opening celebration includes presentations of $3,500 in grants from Walmart and the Walmart Foundation to local community groups including Greater Spartanburg Ministries and Pauline-Glenn Springs Elementary School. The new store will also continue a commitment by Walmart and the Walmart Foundation to fight hunger in Spartanburg and across the U.S. Walmart and the Walmart Foundation recently exceeded a $2 billion goal to fight hunger one year ahead of schedule and have donated more than 1.5 billion pounds of food to those in need across the country.
Events: Grand Opening and A Big Family Welcome
Local associates will provide a special welcome to members of the Spartanburg community at two public events. Store associates will host a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony on grand opening day, August 5, at 7:30 a.m. The following Saturday, Aug. 8, local residents are invited to A Big Family Welcome, which will give customers a chance to meet Dodson and enjoy fun family activities and free food samples while supplies last. Join the celebration from noon to 3 p.m.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 250 million customers and members visit our 11,462 stores under 71 banners in 27 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2015 sales of nearly $486 billion, Walmart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart. Online merchandise sales are available at http://www.walmart.com and http://www.samsclub.com.
Cedar Springs Walmart Neighborhood Market
- Location: 203 Cedar Springs Road, Spartanburg, S.C.
- Size: Approximately 42,000 square feet
- Store manager: Brad Dodson
- Hours: 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Grand opening: Wednesday, Aug. 5, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/walmart3338
and More Ways to Shop:
- Free store pickup program: Customers can shop millions of items on Walmart.com with free shipping to the local store. Many items are available for pickup the same day.
- Walmart Mobile App: Customer can refill prescription medications, create shopping lists, search the location of items within the store, check weekly ads and prices, save eReceipts and shop Walmart.com.
- Fuel station: Customers paying with Walmart gift card receive discount of 3 cents per gallon, etc.
- Financial services
- Bluebird: A product by American Express that provides an alternative to traditional checking and debit accounts
- Access to starter kits for Green Dot’s “GoBank” checking account services
- Money Transfers, Money Orders, and Express Bill Pay offered through MoneyGram
- Walmart Money Card offered through Green Dot
- Bill Payment offered through CheckFreePay
- Walmart2Walmart Money Transfers offered through RIA
- Gift Cards for use at any Walmart store or at Walmart.com.
For more information
- Media contact: Bridget Schultz, Mitchell Communications Group, 479-301-7987
- Walmart Media Relations, 800-331-0085
- Walmart information online: www.corporate.walmart.com; merchandise sales: www.walmart.com