- New Walmart Neighborhood Market located 1180 S. Diamond Bar Blvd.
- Up to 95 jobs created by Diamond Bar Walmart Neighborhood Market
- Store open 6 a.m. to 11 p.m., seven days a week
- Local Facebook page: www.facebook.com/walmart4762
DIAMOND BAR, Calif., July 8, 2015 – A new Walmart Neighborhood Market is opening Wednesday, July 8, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m. The new store is conveniently located at 1180 S. Diamond Bar Blvd. and is open 6 a.m. to 11 p.m., seven days a week. The store will provide Diamond Bar residents with low prices on a broad assortment of merchandise including fresh produce and meats, frozen foods, groceries and pharmacy.
Customers can shop additional items including toys, electronics and home decor on Walmart.com through Walmart pickup, which will offer free shipping to the Diamond Bar Walmart Neighborhood Market.
“We are excited to be part of the Diamond Bar community, providing residents a variety of merchandise at a convenient location,” said store manager Jorge Orozco.
Fresh, Affordable Groceries
The new store offers fresh produce and a full line of groceries from leading brand names, including organic selections. By working with growers Walmart is able to provide farm-grown quality produce at added convenience and low prices. There is also a wide variety of meat and bakery selections, including fresh baked breads and tortillas.
Size Store Offering More Convenience
The new store is approximately 41,000 square feet and offers a wide assortment to meet the needs of Diamond Bar residents. In addition to groceries, the store features health and beauty aids, pet products and cleaning supplies. Shopping is more convenient than ever as Diamond Bar residents can shop an assortment of 7 million items on Walmart.com, many of which can be shipped for free to the new Walmart Neighborhood Market.
The pharmacy offers a full range of products and services and pharmacy team members are ready to assist customers with product and prescription questions. Diamond Bar residents can easily transfer prescriptions and order refills on the go with the Walmart mobile app for iPhone and Android.
Store, New Jobs for Diamond Bar
The new store employs up to 95 full- and part-time associates. Store manager Jorge Orozco began his Walmart career in 2003 as an hourly unloader associate.
Giving Back to Diamond Bar
In addition to the grants given as part of the grand opening, the new store will further Walmart’s pledge to fight hunger in America. As part of Walmart’s and the Walmart Foundation’s $2 billion commitment to fight hunger through 2015, Walmart stores in California donated approximately 23.1 million pounds of food, in fiscal year 2014, or the equivalent of 19.3 million meals. Additionally, Walmart and the Walmart Foundation gave more than $47.1 million in fiscal year 2014 in California alone. For more information on Walmart’s fight against hunger, visit http://foundation.walmart.com/our-focus/hunger
Walmart is happy to be part of the Diamond Bar community and is ready to celebrate with residents on Saturday, July 11. A Big Family Welcome will give customers a chance to meet Orozco and enjoy fun family activities such as face painting, cupcake decorating and free food samples while supplies last. Join the celebration from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere -- in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 250 million customers and members visit our 11,202 stores under 71 banners in 27 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2014 sales of over $473 billion, Walmart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart. Online merchandise sales are available at http://www.walmart.com and http://www.samsclub.com.
Diamond Bar Walmart Neighborhood Market
- Location: 1180 S. Diamond Bar Blvd., Diamond Bar, Calif.
- Size: Approximately 41,000 square feet
- Store manager: Jorge Orozco
- Hours: 6 a.m. to 11 p.m., seven days a week
- Grand opening: Wednesday, July 8, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m.
- Full line of groceries, including:
- Fresh produce
- Self-serve deli
- Prepared meal options
- Organic/natural selections
- Additional merchandise includes:
- Health and beauty aids
- Pet and cleaning products
- Hardware and stationery
- Convenience services include:
- In-store and Drive-thru Pharmacy
- Walmart Pickup
- Number of jobs created: Up to 95 jobs
- Full- and part-time positions
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/walmart4762
- Saturday, June 11 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Media contact: John Engleman, Mitchell Communications Group, 479-305-1665
- Walmart Media Relations, 800-331-0085
- Walmart information online: www.corporate.walmart.com; merchandise sales: www.walmart.com