- New store located at Route 50 and Loudoun County Parkway
- South Riding Walmart creates approximately 300 new jobs
- Store open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Local Facebook page: www.facebook.com/walmart3639
DULLES, VA, June 22, 2015 – A new Walmart is opening Wednesday, July 1, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m. The new store is conveniently located at Route 50 and Loudoun County Parkway and is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The store will provide South Riding residents with low prices on a broad assortment of groceries and merchandise, along with a full service pharmacy. Walmart is making shopping more convenient than ever as local residents can shop for more than a million additional items online on Walmart.com and pick them up at the new South Riding Walmart store for free, often as quickly as the same day.
new store employs approximately 300 full- and part-time associates. Store
manager Daoud Noori began his Walmart career in 2003 as a department manager.
“Today is a new beginning for our local community to save money and live better,” said store manager Daoud Noori.
Fresh, Affordable Produce, Meat and Groceries
South Riding customers will find meal and entertaining essentials, fresh produce and a full line of groceries from leading brand names, including organic selections. By working with growers, Walmart is able to provide farm-grown quality produce at added convenience and low prices.
Convenient Local Pharmacy and General Merchandise
In addition to groceries, the store features quality, value-priced general merchandise, including electronics, furniture, home decor, automotive, sporting goods, home improvement and more.
The pharmacy offers a full range of products and services. Pharmacy team members are ready to assist customers with product and prescription questions. South Riding residents can easily transfer prescriptions and order refills on the go with the Walmart mobile app for iPhone and Android.
The grand-opening celebration includes presentations of $7,000 in grants from Walmart to local community groups including Boy Scouts of America, Dulles South Food Pantry, Freedom High School and Kids R First.
In addition to the grants given as part of the grand opening, the new store will further Walmart’s pledge to fight hunger in America. As part of Walmart’s and the Walmart Foundation’s $2 billion commitment to fight hunger through 2015, Walmart stores in Virginia donated approximately 21.9 million pounds of food, in fiscal year 2014, or the equivalent of 18.3 million meals. Additionally, Walmart and the Walmart Foundation gave more than $40.1 million in fiscal year 2014 in Virginia alone. For more information on Walmart’s fight against hunger, visit http://foundation.walmart.com/our-focus/hunger.
A Big Family Welcome
Walmart is happy to be part of the South Riding community and is ready to celebrate with residents on Saturday, July 4. A Big Family Welcome will give customers a chance to meet Noori and enjoy fun family activities and free food samples while supplies last. Join the celebration from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere -- in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 250 million customers and members visit our 11,202 stores under 71 banners in 27 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2014 sales of over $473 billion, Walmart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart. Online merchandise sales are available at http://www.walmart.com and http://www.samsclub.com.
South Riding Walmart
- Location: 24635 Dulles Landing Drive, Dulles, VA
- Size: Approximately 177,000 square feet
- Store manager: Daoud Noori
- Hours: 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Grand opening: Wednesday, July 1, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m.
- Number of jobs created: Approximately 300
- Full-time and part-time positions
- General merchandise
- Full line of groceries, including:
- Fresh produce
- Full-service deli
- Prepared meal options
- Organic/natural selections
- Garden center
- Convenience services include:
- Walmart Pickup
- Pay with Cash option
- Drive-thru Pharmacy
- Vision Center
- Walmart Photo Center
- Walmart Connection Center
- $7,000 in grants from Walmart will be presented to the following area organizations:
- Boy Scouts of America
- Dulles South Food Pantry
- Freedom High School
- Kids R First
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/walmart3639
A Big Family Welcome
- Saturday, July 4 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
For more information
- Media contact: John Engleman, Mitchell Communications Group, 479-305-1665
- Walmart Media Relations, 800-331-0085
- Walmart information online: www.corporate.walmart.com; merchandise sales: www.walmart.com