- New Walmart Neighborhood Market located at 1400 N. Walton Blvd.
- Up to 95 jobs created by Bentonville Walmart Neighborhood Market
- Store open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Local Facebook page: www.facebook.com/walmart4376
BENTONVILLE, Ark., June 3, 2015 – A new Walmart Neighborhood Market is opening Wednesday, June 10, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m. The new store is conveniently located at 1400 N. Walton Blvd., about 2 miles north of Walmart’s Home Office and is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The store will provide Bentonville residents with low prices on a broad assortment of merchandise including fresh produce and meats, frozen foods, groceries, fuel and pharmacy.
Customers can shop additional items including toys, electronics and home decor on Walmart.com through Walmart pickup, which will offer free shipping to the Bentonville Walmart Neighborhood Market.
“Our Neighborhood Market features a new, even more convenient layout for this area, plus expanded variety in areas our customers appreciate, such as the deli, which will house a new line of fresh pizza,” said store manager Daniel Mosley.
Fresh, Affordable Groceries
The new store offers fresh produce and a full line of groceries from leading brand names, including organic selections. By working with growers Walmart is able to provide farm-grown quality produce at added convenience and low prices. There is also a wide variety of meat and bakery selections, and local favorites such as Sooie Sauce and My Brothers Salsa.
The Right Size Store Offering More
The new store is approximately 41,000 square feet and offers a wide assortment to meet the needs of Bentonville residents. In addition to groceries, the store features health and beauty aids, pet products and cleaning supplies. Shopping is more convenient than ever as Bentonville residents can shop an assortment of 7 million items on Walmart.com, many of which can be shipped for free to the new Walmart Neighborhood Market.
The pharmacy, which features a drive thru lane, offers a full range of products and services and pharmacy team members are ready to assist customers with product and prescription questions. Bentonville residents can easily transfer prescriptions and order refills on the go with the Walmart mobile app for iPhone and Android.
New Store, New Jobs for Bentonville
The new store employs up to 95 full- and part-time associates. Store manager Daniel Mosley began his Walmart career in 2005 as an overnight stocker.
Giving Back to
The grand-opening celebration includes presentations of $6,000 in grants from Walmart and the Walmart Foundation to local community groups, including Bentonville Fire Department, Bentonville Police Department, Havenwood Women’s Shelter, Northwest Arkansas Food Bank, and Sugar Creek Elementary.
In addition to the grants given as part of the grand opening, the new store will further Walmart’s pledge to fight hunger in America. As part of Walmart’s and the Walmart Foundation’s $2 billion commitment to fight hunger through 2015, Walmart stores in Arkansas donated approximately 16.7 million pounds of food, in fiscal year 2014, or the equivalent of 13.9 million meals. Additionally, Walmart and the Walmart Foundation gave more than $79 million in fiscal year 2014 in Arkansas alone. For more information on Walmart’s fight against hunger, visit http://foundation.walmart.com/our-focus/hunger.
A Big Family Welcome
Walmart is happy to be part of the Bentonville community and is ready to celebrate with residents on Saturday, June 13. A Big Family Welcome will give customers a chance to meet Mosley and enjoy fun family activities such as face painting, cupcake decorating and free food samples while supplies last. Join the celebration from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere -- in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 250 million customers and members visit our 11,202 stores under 71 banners in 27 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2014 sales of over $473 billion, Walmart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart. Online merchandise sales are available at http://www.walmart.com and http://www.samsclub.com.
Bentonville Walmart Neighborhood Market
- Location: 1400 N. Walton Blvd., Bentonville, Ark.
- Size: Approximately 41,000 square feet
- Store manager: Daniel Mosley
- Hours: 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Grand opening: Wednesday, June 10, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m.
- Full line of groceries, including:
- Fresh produce
- Self-serve deli
- Prepared meal options
- Organic/natural selections
- Local favorites such as Sooie Sauce and My Brother’s Salsa
- Additional merchandise includes:
- Health and beauty aids
- Pet and cleaning products
- Hardware and stationery
- Convenience services include:
- Drive thru Pharmacy
- Fuel station
- Walmart pickup
- $6,000 in grants from Walmart will be presented to the following area organizations
- Bentonville Fire Department
- Bentonville Police Department
- Havenwood Women’s Shelter
- Northwest Arkansas Food Bank
- Sugar Creek Elementary
- Number of jobs created: Up to 95 jobs
- Full- and part-time positions
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/walmart4376
A Big Family Welcome
- Saturday, June 13 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
For more information
- Media contact: John Engleman, Mitchell Communications Group, 479-305-1665
- Walmart Media Relations, 800-331-0085
- Walmart information online: www.corporate.walmart.com; merchandise sales: www.walmart.com