Expanded store located at 2144
W. Indiantown Road
Jupiter Walmart expansion creates approximately 80 new jobs
Store open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Local Facebook page: www.facebook.com/walmart2176
JUPITER, Fla., May 20, 2015 – An expanded Walmart is re-opening Wednesday, May 27, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 9 a.m. The larger store is conveniently located at 2144 W. Indiantown Road and is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The store will provide Jupiter residents with low prices on a broad assortment of groceries and merchandise, along with a full service pharmacy. Walmart is making shopping more convenient than ever as local residents can shop for more than a million additional items online on Walmart.com and pick them up at the Jupiter Walmart store for free, often as quickly as the same day.
The store employs approximately 330 full- and part-time associates, of which approximately 80 positions were created by the expansion. Store manager Jean St. Fleur began his Walmart career in 2001 as a stocker.
“We are excited to bring fresh produce and a full line of groceries to our store,” St. Fleur said. “This expansion furthers our commitment to providing the best for our customers.”
Fresh, Affordable Produce, Meat and Groceries
Jupiter customers will find meal and entertaining essentials, fresh produce and a full line of groceries from leading brand names, including organic selections. By working with growers, Walmart is able to provide farm-grown quality produce at added convenience and low prices. There is also a wide variety of meat and bakery selections, including fresh baked breads and tortillas.
Local Pharmacy and General Merchandise
In addition to groceries, the store features quality, value-priced general merchandise, including electronics, furniture, home decor, automotive, sporting goods, home improvement and more.
The pharmacy offers a full range of products and services. Pharmacy team members are ready to assist customers with product and prescription questions. Jupiter residents can easily transfer prescriptions and order refills on the go with the Walmart mobile app for iPhone and Android.
Walmart is happy to be part of the Jupiter community and is ready to celebrate with residents on Saturday, May 30. A Big Family Welcome will give customers a chance to meet St. Fleur and enjoy fun family activities and free food samples while supplies last. Join the celebration from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere -- in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 250 million customers and members visit our 11,202 stores under 71 banners in 27 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2014 sales of over $473 billion, Walmart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart. Online merchandise sales are available at http://www.walmart.com and http://www.samsclub.com.
- Location: 2144 W. Indiantown Road, Jupiter, Fla.
- Size: Approximately 158,000 square feet, including approximately 40,000 square feet created by the expansion
- Store manager: Jean St. Fleur
- Hours: 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Grand opening: Wednesday, May 27, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 9 a.m.
- Number of jobs created: Approximately 330, with approximately 80 additional jobs added by the expansion
- Full-time and part-time positions
- General merchandise
- Full line of groceries, including
- Fresh produce
- Full-service deli
- Prepared meal options
- Organic/natural selections
- Convenience services include
- Walmart Site to Store
- Vision Center
- Smart Style Hair Salon
- Grants from Walmart will be presented to area organizations
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/walmart2176
- Saturday, May 30 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Media contact: Julia Bennett, Schwartz Media, 904-534-4468
- Walmart Media Relations, 800-331-0085
- Walmart information online: www.corporate.walmart.com; merchandise sales: www.walmart.com