- New Walmart Neighborhood Market located 3419 Orange Ave. N.E.
- Up to 95 jobs created by Roanoke Walmart Neighborhood Market
- Store open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Local Facebook page: www.facebook.com/walmart3618
ROANOKE, Va., April 8, 2015 – A new Walmart Neighborhood Market is opening Wednesday, April 8, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m. The new store is conveniently located at 3419 Orange Ave. N.E. and is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The store will provide Roanoke residents with low prices on a broad assortment of merchandise including fresh produce and meats, frozen foods, groceries and pharmacy. It will also include a fuel station.
Customers can shop additional items including toys, electronics and home decor on Walmart.com through Walmart pickup, which will offer free shipping to the Roanoke Walmart Neighborhood Market.
“We are so excited to be part of the Roanoke community,” said store manager Kori Foley. “Our store is conveniently located so residents can easily purchase quality items, such as fresh produce.”
Fresh, Affordable Groceries
The new store offers fresh produce and a full line of groceries from leading brand names, including organic selections. By working with growers Walmart is able to provide farm-grown quality produce at added convenience and low prices. There is also a wide variety of meat and bakery selections, including fresh baked breads and tortillas.
The Right Size Store Offering More
The new store is approximately 41,000 square feet and offers a wide assortment to meet the needs of Roanoke residents. In addition to groceries, the store features health and beauty aids, pet products and cleaning supplies. Shopping is more convenient than ever as Roanoke residents can shop an assortment of 7 million items on Walmart.com, many of which can be shipped for free to the new Walmart Neighborhood Market.
The pharmacy offers a full range of products and services and pharmacy team members are ready to assist customers with product and prescription questions. Roanoke residents can easily transfer prescriptions and order refills on the go with the Walmart mobile app for iPhone and Android.
New Store, New Jobs for Roanoke
The new store employs up to 95 full- and part-time associates. Store manager Kori Foley began her Walmart career in 2003 as a cashier who focused on covering busy weekend shifts.
Giving Back to Roanoke
The grand-opening celebration includes presentations of over $3,000 in grants from Walmart to local community groups. Recipients of grants include Virginia Hunters Who Care Inc. and Roanoke Firefighters Association, among others.
In addition to the grants given as part of the grand opening, the new store will further Walmart’s pledge to fight hunger in America. As part of Walmart’s and the Walmart Foundation’s $2 billion commitment to fight hunger through 2015, Walmart stores in Virginia donated approximately 21.9 million pounds of food, in fiscal year 2014, or the equivalent of 18.3 million meals. Additionally, Walmart and the Walmart Foundation gave more than $40.1 million in fiscal year 2014 in Virginia alone. For more information on Walmart’s fight against hunger, visit http://foundation.walmart.com/our-focus/hunger.
A Big Family Welcome
Walmart is happy to be part of the Roanoke community and is ready to celebrate with residents on Saturday, April 11. A Big Family Welcome will give customers a chance to meet Foley and enjoy fun family activities such as face painting, cupcake decorating and free food samples while supplies last. Join the celebration from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere -- in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 250 million customers and members visit our 11,202 stores under 71 banners in 27 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2014 sales of over $473 billion, Walmart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart. Online merchandise sales are available at http://www.walmart.com and http://www.samsclub.com.
Roanoke Walmart Neighborhood Market
- Location: 3419 Orange Ave. N.E., Roanoke, Va.
- Size: Approximately 41,000 square feet
- Store manager: Kori Foley
- Hours: 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Grand opening: Wednesday, April 8, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m.
- Full line of groceries, including:
- Fresh produce
- Self-serve deli
- Prepared meal options
- Organic/natural selections
- Additional merchandise includes:
- Health and beauty aids
- Pet and cleaning products
- Hardware and stationery
- Convenience services include:
- Drive-thru and In-store Pharmacy
- Digital-photo processing center
- Walmart pickup
- Over $3,000 in grants from Walmart will be presented to local are organizations, including:
- Virginia Hunters Who Care Inc.
- Roanoke Firefighters Association
- Number of jobs created: Up to 95 jobs
- Full- and part-time positions
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/walmart3618
A Big Family Welcome
- Saturday, April 11 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
For more information
- Media contact: Ashley Helms, Capital Results, 804-771-5303
- Walmart Media Relations, 800-331-0085
- Walmart information online: www.corporate.walmart.com; merchandise sales: www.walmart.com