- New store located at 350 Walters Road
- Suisun City Walmart creates approximately 300 new jobs
- Store open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Local Facebook page: www.facebook.com/walmart3708
SUISUN CITY, Calif., March 25, 2015 – A new Walmart is opening Wednesday, March 25, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m. The new store is conveniently located at 350 Walters Road and is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The store will provide Suisun City residents with low prices on a broad assortment of groceries and merchandise, along with and full service pharmacy. Walmart is making shopping more convenient than ever as local residents can shop for more than a million additional items online on Walmart.com and pick them up at the new Suisun City Walmart store for free, often as quickly as the same day.
The new store employs approximately 300 full- and part-time associates. Store manager Michael Phillips began his Walmart career in 2003 as an assistant manager.
“We are excited to be part of the Suisun City community,” said Phillips. “Our entire team has worked hard to ensure that we will be providing residents a pleasant shopping experience.”
“We can't wait to welcome Walmart to Suisun City," said Mayor Pete Sanchez. "This store will provide good jobs for local residents and the ability to shop local, keeping sales tax dollars in Suisun City to help fund important city services."
Fresh, Affordable Produce, Meat and Groceries
Suisun City customers will find meal and entertaining essentials, fresh produce and a full line of groceries from leading brand names, including organic selections. By working with growers, Walmart is able to provide farm-grown quality produce at added convenience and low prices. There is also a wide variety of meat and bakery selections, including fresh baked breads.
Local Pharmacy and General Merchandise
In addition to groceries, the store features quality, value-priced general merchandise, including electronics, furniture, home decor, automotive, sporting goods, home improvement and more.
The pharmacy offers a full range of products and services. Pharmacy team members are ready to assist customers with product and prescription questions. Suisun City residents can easily transfer prescriptions and order refills on the go with the Walmart mobile app for iPhone and Android.
The grand-opening celebration includes presentations of $6,500 in grants from Walmart to local community groups. Recipients of grants include The Leaven, Suisun City Police Department, Solano County Habitat Humanity, Hoop Games and Meals on Wheels of Solano County.
In addition to the grants given as part of the grand opening, the new store will further Walmart’s pledge to fight hunger in America. As part of Walmart’s and the Walmart Foundation’s $2 billion commitment to fight hunger through 2015, Walmart stores in California donated approximately 23.1 million pounds of food, in fiscal year 2014, or the equivalent of 19.3 million meals. Additionally, Walmart and the Walmart Foundation gave more than $47.1 million in fiscal year 2014 in California alone. For more information on Walmart’s fight against hunger, visit http://foundation.walmart.com/our-focus/hunger.
Walmart is happy to be part of the Suisun City community and is ready to celebrate with residents on Saturday, March 28. A Big Family Welcome will give customers a chance to meet Phillips and enjoy fun family activities and free food samples while supplies last. Join the celebration from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere -- in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 250 million customers and members visit our 11,202 stores under 71 banners in 27 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2014 sales of over $473 billion, Walmart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart. Online merchandise sales are available at http://www.walmart.com and http://www.samsclub.com.
Suisun City Walmart
- Location: 350 Walters Road, Suisun City, Calif.
- Size: Approximately 177,000 square feet
- Store manager: Michael Phillips
- Hours: 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Grand opening: Wednesday, March 25, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m.
- Number of jobs created: Approximately 300
- Full-time and part-time positions
- General merchandise
- Full line of groceries, including
- Fresh produce
- Full-service deli
- Prepared meal options
- Organic/natural selections
- Convenience services include
- Walmart Site to Store
- Pay with Cash option
- Drive-thru and In-store Pharmacy
- Vision Center
- $6,500 in grants from Walmart will be presented to the following area organizations:
- The Leaven
- Suisun City Police Department
- Solano County Habitat Humanity
- Hoop Games
- Meals on Wheels of Solano County
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/walmart3708
- Saturday, March 28 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Media contact: Bridget Schultz, Mitchell Communications Group, 479-301-7987
- Walmart Media Relations, 800-331-0085
- Walmart information online: www.corporate.walmart.com; merchandise sales: www.walmart.com