Retailer Unveils One-Day Free Shipping Promotion on Dec.11, Shipping Cutoff Dates with Options Up Until Dec. 23
BENTONVILLE, Ark. (Dec. 11, 2014) – This Saturday’s date is 12/13/14, the last number-sequential date this century. To celebrate, Walmart is kicking off a sequence of savings this weekend with new, lower prices on hundreds of items in stores. The retailer is also unveiling a one-day free shipping promotion on Dec. 11 and releasing its holiday shipping cutoff times including shipping options up until Dec. 23.
According to The National Retail Federation, less than 10 percent of Americans complete their Christmas shopping lists by December. To serve customers in the last weeks before Christmas, Walmart’s hundreds of new savings will last through the holiday. The majority of Walmart stores are also open 24 hours a day and up until 8 p.m. on Christmas Eve, offering customers ample time to purchase these new deals.
“Gift buying no longer happens on just one day or in just one way. We’re seeing more customers shopping across the season while visiting both our store and online aisles,” said Scott McCall, senior vice president of toys and seasonal merchandising, Walmart U.S. “There is a lot more shopping to do and that’s why we’re lowering even more prices. We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again. Our customers can be confident that there is no other place to shop this December – whether they choose to shop today, next week or on Christmas Eve.”
Dec. 11 – Head Start: Free Shipping Day at Walmart.com
Today, shoppers can get a head start on the savings weekend online. Shortly after midnight on Thursday, Dec. 11, Walmart will offer free shipping with no minimum purchase for one day only. Shipping rates on orders below $50 will resume on Friday, Dec. 12.
Dec. 13 (12/13/14) – New Savings in Stores
This weekend, holiday shopping procrastinators can get going with deals at Walmart stores. Walmart has added hundreds of new rollbacks and special buys in stores including 12 highlight deals that are available on the 13th of December 2014 through Christmas while supplies last:*
Toys and Tech for
Kids and Adults:
4 Gaming Console – $399 with a $50 Walmart gift card (through Dec. 20)
2. Vizio 50-inch Class Smart LED 4K Ultra HDTV – $898 with $100 Walmart gift card (was $998) (through Dec. 20)
3. Vizio 65-inch Class Smart LED HDTV – $898 (Special Buy)
4. Assorted Video Games for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 – $39.96 (was $59.96)
5. Smartphone savings with a two year contract on AT&T, Sprint and Verizon including the Samsung GS5 for $79 (was $139)
6. Princess Cruiser 12V Ride-On – $199 (was $249)
7. Barbie Holiday Doll – $29.97(was $34.97)
8. Zoomer Dino – $79.88 (was $89.97)
9. FurReal Friends Biscuit My Lovin’ Pup – $39.88 (was $49)
10. 48” Air Powered Hockey Table – $29.98 (Special Buy)
Home Essentials and Other
11. Shark Easy Spray Steam Mop – $39 (was $69)
12. Stanley 252-piece Mechanics Tool Set – $59.88 (was $69.88)
Dec. 15 – Cyber Monday-Like Pricing Returns
Timed with one of Walmart.com's top five shopping days in December, the sequence of savings culminates with an online-only event on Monday, Dec. 15. Walmart will offer Cyber Monday-like deals on electronics, toys and other online specials while supplies last.* These specials include:
- Hitachi LE40S508 40" 1080p 120Hz Class LED HDTV – $259 (was $399.99)
- ClickN KIDS 2 7" 8GB Tablet with Looney Tunes Phonics – $69.99 (was $99.99)
- Razor Electric Supercross Dirt Bike – $279 (was $397)
- KidKraft Majestic Mansion Dollhouse with Furniture – $99 (was $164)
- Disney Princess Rags To Riches 12-piece Doll and Dress Set– $19 (was $39.97)
2014 Shipping Cutoff Dates
With less than two weeks to go until Christmas, Walmart is unveiling its holiday shipping cutoff dates for delivery by Dec. 24:
Delivery to Home
- Free Value Shipping (6 - 8 days) on orders $50 or more – Between Monday, Dec. 15 and Wednesday, Dec. 17**
- Standard Shipping (3 - 5 days) – Evening of Friday, Dec. 19
Shipping (2 - 3 days) – Evening of Sunday, Dec. 21
- Rush Shipping (1 - 2 days) – Monday, Dec. 22
Free Delivery to
to Store Shipping (5 - 7 days) – Evening of Thursday, Dec. 18
- Site to Store for Same-Day Pickup – Evening of Tuesday, Dec. 23, with pickup either on Dec. 23 or Dec. 24
- Sam’s Club Club Pickup for Next-Day Pickup – free to members, Sam’s Club orders placed online at SamsClub.com/clubpickup can be picked up as early as the next day.
For more information on Walmart’s savings event and shipping cut off dates, visit www.Walmart.com.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 245 million customers and members visit our 11,053 stores under 71 banners in 27 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2014 sales of over $473 billion, Walmart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart. Online merchandise sales are available at http://www.walmart.com and http://www.samsclub.com.
*Quantities are limited and available while supplies last. No rainchecks. Deals include new pricing starting in December.
**Date you must order by is determined by shipping location