- New Walmart Neighborhood Market located at 6361 Highway 72 E.
- Approximately 30 jobs created by Gurley Walmart Neighborhood Market
- Store open Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., and Sunday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Local Facebook page: www.facebook.com/walmart2235
GURLEY, Ala., Dec. 2, 2014 – A new Walmart Neighborhood Market is opening Wednesday, Dec. 3, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m. The new store is conveniently located at 6361 Highway 72 E. and is open Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., and Sunday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. The store will provide Gurley residents with low prices on a broad assortment of merchandise including fresh produce and meats, frozen foods, groceries, pharmacy, and a fuel station.
Customers can shop additional items including top holiday toys, gifts, electronics and home decor on Walmart.com through Site to Store, which will offer free shipping to the Gurley Neighborhood Market. They can also use Walmart’s new Savings Catcher receipt comparison tool to feel more confident they are getting some of the best deals available in the Huntsville area. Savings Catcher looks at other top retailers’ local ads and gives customers an eGift card for the difference if a competitor’s offering is lower than the price they paid at Walmart. Savings Catcher is available through the free Walmart mobile app.
“Walmart is excited to be a part of the Gurley community just in time for the holiday season,” said store manager Laura Gibbons. “Our new, convenient store meets the everyday needs of residents at the everyday low prices they’ve come to appreciate at Walmart.”
Fresh, Affordable Groceries
The new store offers fresh produce and a full line of groceries from leading brand names, including organic selections. By working with growers Walmart is able to provide farm-grown quality produce at added convenience and low prices. There is also a wide variety of meat and bakery selections, including pies and cookies, as well as Alabama-made Golden Flake products.
Size Store Offering More Convenience
The new store is approximately 12,000 square feet and offers a wide assortment to meet the needs of Gurley residents. In addition to groceries, the store features health and beauty aids, pet products and cleaning supplies.
The pharmacy offers a full range of products and services and pharmacy team members are ready to assist customers with product and prescription questions. Gurley residents can easily transfer prescriptions and order refills on the go with the Walmart mobile app for iPhone and Android. Holiday shopping is more convenient than ever as Gurley residents can shop an assortment of 7 million items on Walmart.com, many of which can be shipped for free to the new Walmart Neighborhood Market.
Store, New Jobs for Gurley
The new store employs approximately 30 full- and part-time associates. Store manager Laura Gibbons began her Walmart career in 1993 as an hourly shoe department associate.
“The Town of Gurley is excited Walmart chose to open a Walmart Neighborhood Market in our town,” said Mayor Robert Sentell. “Not only will the new store provide needed tax revenue, but it will also provide jobs for our local residents.”
Giving Back to Gurley
The grand-opening celebration includes presentations of grants from Walmart to local community groups.
Walmart is happy to be part of the Gurley community and is ready to celebrate with residents on Saturday, Dec. 6. A Big Family Welcome will give customers a chance to meet Gibbons and enjoy fun family activities such as face painting, cupcake decorating and free food samples while supplies last. Join the celebration from noon to 3 p.m.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better -- anytime and anywhere -- in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 250 million customers and members visit our 11,053 stores under 71 banners in 27 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2014 sales of over $473 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart.
Gurley Walmart Neighborhood Market
- Location: 6361 Highway 72 E., Gurley, Ala.
- Size: Approximately 12,000 square feet
- Store manager: Laura Gibbons
- Hours: Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., and Sunday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Grand opening: Wednesday, Dec. 3, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m.
- Full line of groceries, including:
- Fresh produce
- Organic/natural selections
- Baked goods
- Additional merchandise includes:
- Health and beauty aids
- Pet and cleaning products
- Hardware and stationery
- Convenience services include:
- Walmart Site-to-Store
- Grants from Walmart will be presented to area organizations
- Number of jobs created: Approximately 30
- Full- and part-time positions
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/walmart2235
- Saturday, Dec. 6 from noon to 3 p.m.
- Media contact: Bridget Schultz, Mitchell Communications Group, 479-301-7987
- Walmart Media Relations, 800-331-0085
- Walmart information online: www.corporate.walmart.com; merchandise sales: www.walmart.com