Walmart Neighborhood Market offers local fresh food favorites and delivers employment opportunities to the community
- New Walmart Neighborhood Market located 3500 Mulberry Highway 64 W.
- Approximately 30 jobs created by Mulberry Walmart Neighborhood Market
- Store open Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., Sunday 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Local Facebook page: www.facebook.com/walmart2578
MULBERRY, Ark., Nov. 5, 2014 – A new Walmart Neighborhood Market is opening Wednesday, Nov. 12, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m. The new store is conveniently located at 3500 Mulberry Highway 64 W. and is open Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sunday 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. The store will provide Mulberry residents with low prices on a broad assortment of merchandise including fresh produce and meats, frozen foods, groceries and pharmacy.
Customers can shop additional items including top holiday toys, gifts, electronics and home decor on Walmart.com through Site to Store, which will offer free shipping to the Mulberry Walmart Neighborhood Market. They can also use Walmart’s new Savings Catcher receipt comparison tool to feel more confident they are getting some of the best deals available in Mulberry. Savings Catcher looks at other top retailers’ local ads and gives customers an eGift card for the difference if a competitor’s offering is lower than the price they paid at Walmart. Savings Catcher is available through the free Walmart mobile app.
“We are ready to cut the ribbon and invite the community into our store,” said store manager Maranda Zolliecoffer. “We have worked hard to prepare for grand-opening day.”
Fresh, Affordable Groceries
The new store offers fresh produce and a full line of groceries from leading brand names, including organic selections. By working with growers Walmart is able to provide farm-grown quality produce at added convenience and low prices.
Size Store Offering More Convenience
The new store is approximately 12,000 square feet and offers a wide assortment to meet the needs of Mulberry residents. In addition to groceries, the store features health and beauty aids, pet products and cleaning supplies. Holiday shopping is more convenient than ever as Mulberry residents can shop an assortment of 7 million items on Walmart.com, many of which can be shipped for free to the new Walmart Neighborhood Market.
The pharmacy offers a full range of products and services and pharmacy team members are ready to assist customers with product and prescription questions. Mulberry residents can easily transfer prescriptions and order refills on the go with the Walmart mobile app for iPhone and Android.
Store, New Jobs for Mulberry
The new store employs approximately 30 full- and part-time associates. Zolliecoffer began her Walmart career in 2004 as an hourly associate in the shoe department.
Giving Back to Mulberry
The grand-opening celebration includes presentations of $2,500 in grants from Walmart and the Walmart Foundation to local community groups.
In addition to the grants given as part of the grand opening, the new store will further Walmart’s pledge to fight hunger in America. As part of Walmart’s and the Walmart Foundation’s $2 billion commitment to fight hunger through 2015, Walmart stores in Arkansas donated approximately 16.7 million pounds of food, in fiscal year 2014, or the equivalent of 13.9 million meals. Additionally, Walmart and the Walmart Foundation gave more than $79 million in fiscal year 2014 in Arkansas alone. For more information on Walmart’s fight against hunger, visit http://foundation.walmart.com/our-focus/hunger.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better -- anytime and anywhere -- in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 250 million customers and members visit our 11,053 stores under 71 banners in 27 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2014 sales of over $473 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart.
Mulberry Walmart Neighborhood Market
- Location: 3500 Mulberry Highway 64 W., Mulberry, Ark.
- Size: Approximately 12,000 square feet
- Store manager: Maranda Zolliecoffer
- Hours: Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.; Sunday 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Grand opening: Wednesday, Nov. 12, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m.
- Full line of groceries, including:
- Fresh produce
- Self-serve deli
- Prepared meal options
- Organic/natural selections
- Additional merchandise includes:
- Health and beauty aids
- Pet and cleaning products
- Hardware and stationery
- Convenience services include:
- Digital-photo processing center
- Walmart Site-to-Store
- $2,500 in grants from Walmart will be presented to the following area organizations:
- Number of jobs created: Approximately 30
- Full- and part-time positions
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/walmart2578
- Media contact: Bridget Schultz, Mitchell Communications Group, 479-301-7987
- Walmart Media Relations, 800-331-0085
- Walmart information online: www.corporate.walmart.com; merchandise sales: www.walmart.com