- New Walmart Neighborhood Market located 901 Golf Course Drive
- Up to 95 jobs created by Rohnert Park Walmart Neighborhood Market
- Store open 6 a.m. to 11 p.m., seven days a week
- Local Facebook page: www.facebook.com/walmart2468
ROHNERT PARK, Calif., Sept. 24, 2014– A new Walmart Neighborhood Market is opening Wednesday, Oct. 1, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7 a.m. The new store is conveniently located at 901 Golf Course Drive and is open 6 a.m. to 11 p.m., seven days a week. The store will provide Rohnert Park residents with low prices on a broad assortment of merchandise and offer Walmart's free Site to Store program, enabling customers to choose from nearly a million additional online items that can be ordered on Walmart.com and picked up at the Rohnert Park store for free, often as quickly as the same day.
The new Rohnert Park store is part of Walmart’s plan to open an additional 270 to 300 small-format locations this year. The first Walmart Neighborhood Market opened in 1998, and today there are approximately 300 Walmart Neighborhood Market stores nationwide.
The new store will provide local customers with a new, convenient option for their grocery shopping needs, including fresh produce and pharmacy services.
“Walmart is excited to be part of the Rohnert Park Community,” said store manager Valentina Allen. “We look forward to meeting our customers and saving them money, so they can live better.”
Affordable Groceries to Meet Your Needs
The new store offers fresh produce and a full line of groceries from all the leading brand names, including organic and natural selections. There is also a wide variety of meat and bakery selections.
Smaller Store, More Convenience
The new store is approximately one-fifth the size of a Walmart Supercenter. In addition to groceries, the store features health and beauty aids, pet products and cleaning supplies. In addition, customers can shop a broader assortment of items online at Walmart.com and then pay for these purchases with cash in all of Walmart U.S. stores and Walmart Neighborhood Markets, including the new Rohnert Park store.
The pharmacy offers a full range of products and services. Pharmacy team members can answer product and prescription questions and customers can ask about health and wellness solutions. Rohnert Park residents can easily transfer prescriptions and order refills on the go with the Walmart mobile app for iPhone and Android.
New Store, New Jobs
The new store employs up to 95 full- and part-time associates.
Store manager Valentina Allen began her Walmart career in 2013 as a market asset protection manager.
The grand-opening celebration includes presentations of $8,000 in grants from Walmart to local community groups. Grant recipients include Evergreen Elementary, Habitat for Humanity, Neighbors Organized Against Hunger, Rancho Cotate Music Boosters, Santa Rosa Junior College, Santa Rosa Middle School and Sonoma County Family YMCA.
In addition to the grants given as part of the grand opening, the new store will further Walmart’s pledge to fight hunger in America. As part of Walmart’s and the Walmart Foundation’s $2 billion commitment to fight hunger through 2015, Walmart stores in California donated approximately 23.1 million pounds of food, in fiscal year 2014, or the equivalent of 19.3 million meals. Additionally, Walmart and the Walmart Foundation gave more than $47.1 million in fiscal year 2014 in California alone. For more information on Walmart’s fight against hunger, visit http://foundation.walmart.com/our-focus/hunger.
A Big Family Welcome
Walmart is happy to be part of the Rohnert Park community and is ready to celebrate with residents on Saturday, Oct. 4. A Big Family Welcome will give customers a chance to meet Allen and enjoy fun family activities such as face painting, cupcake decorating and free food samples while supplies last. Join the celebration from noon to 3 p.m.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better -- anytime and anywhere -- in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 250 million customers and members visit our 11,053 stores under 71 banners in 27 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2014 sales of over $473 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart.
Rohnert Park Walmart Neighborhood Market
- Location: 901 Golf Course Drive, Rohnert Park, Calif.
- Size: Approximately 33,000 square feet
- Store manager: Valentina Allen
- Hours: 6 a.m. to 11 p.m., seven days a week
- Grand opening: Wednesday, Oct. 1, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7 a.m.
- Full line of groceries, including:
- Fresh produce
- Self-serve deli
- Prepared meal options
- Organic/natural selections
- Beer, wine and liquor
- Additional merchandise includes:
- Health and beauty aids
- Pet and cleaning products
- Hardware and stationery
- Convenience services include:
- Walmart Site-to-Store
- $8,000 in grants from Walmart will be presented to the following area organizations:
- Evergreen Elementary
- Habitat for Humanity
- Neighbors Organized Against Hunger
- Rancho Cotate Music Boosters
- Santa Rosa Junior College
- Santa Rosa Middle School
- Sonoma County Family YMCA
- Number of jobs created: Up to 95
- Full- and part-time positions
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/walmart2468
A Big Family Welcome
- Saturday, Oct. 4, from noon to 3 p.m.
For more information
- Media contact: David Cumpston, Landis Communications, 415-359-2316
- Walmart Media Relations, 800-331-0085
- Walmart information online: www.corporate.walmart.com; merchandise sales: www.walmart.com