New Walmart provides approximately 300 jobs, plus savings on wide selection of merchandise – in stores and online
- New store located at 9191 W. Flager St.
- Fountainbleau Miami Walmart creates approximately 300 new jobs
- Store open Monday through Thursday, 6 a.m. to midnight, Friday through Sunday, 6 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- Local Facebook page: www.facebook.com/walmart4161
MIAMI, Sept. 17, 2014 – A new Walmart is opening Wednesday, Sept. 24, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 8 a.m. The new store is conveniently located at 9191 W. Flager St. and is open Monday through Thursday, 6 a.m. to midnight and Friday through Sunday, 6 a.m. to 2 a.m. The store will provide Fountainbleau residents with low prices on a broad assortment of merchandise and offer Walmart's free Site to Store program, enabling customers to choose from nearly a million additional online items that can be ordered on Walmart.com and picked up at the new store for free, often as quickly as the same day.
The new store employs approximately 300 full- and part-time associates. Store manager Leidy Suarez began her Walmart career in 2012 as a store manager.
“Walmart is excited to be a part of the community,” said Suarez. “We hope everyone will come out to help celebrate on grand-opening day.”
Affordable Groceries to Meet All Your Needs
The new store offers fresh produce and a full line of groceries from all the leading brand names, including organic and natural selections. There is also a wide variety of meat and bakery selections, including fresh breads and desserts.
In addition to groceries, the store features quality, value-priced general merchandise, including electronics and school supplies. In addition, customers can shop a broader assortment of items online at Walmart.com and then pay for these purchases with cash in all of Walmart U.S. stores and Walmart Neighborhood Markets, including the new Fountainbleau Miami store.
The pharmacy offers a full range of products and services. Pharmacy team members can answer product and prescription questions and customers can ask about health and wellness solutions. Fountainbleau Miami residents can easily transfer prescriptions and order refills on the go with the Walmart mobile app for iPhone and Android.
The grand-opening celebration includes presentations of grants from Walmart to local community groups.
In addition to the grants given as part of the grand opening, the new store will further Walmart’s pledge to fight hunger in America. As part of Walmart’s and the Walmart Foundation’s $2 billion commitment to fight hunger through 2015, Walmart stores in Florida donated approximately 35.2 million pounds of food, in fiscal year 2014, or the equivalent of 29.3 million meals. Additionally, Walmart and the Walmart Foundation gave more than $66.8 million in fiscal year 2014 in Florida alone. For more information on Walmart’s fight against hunger, visit http://foundation.walmart.com/our-focus/hunger.
A Big Family Welcome
Walmart is happy to be part of the Fountainbleau community and is ready to celebrate with residents on Saturday, Sept. A Big Family Welcome will give customers a chance to meet Suarez and enjoy fun family activities and free food samples while supplies last. Join the celebration from noon to 3 p.m.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better -- anytime and anywhere -- in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 250 million customers and members visit our 11,053 stores under 71 banners in 27 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2014 sales of over $473 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart.
Fountainbleau Miami Walmart
- Location: 9191 W. Flager St., Miami
- Size: Approximately 120,000 square feet
- Store manager: Leidy Suarez
- Hours: Monday–Thursday, 6 a.m. to midnight, Friday–Sunday, 6 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- Grand opening: Wednesday, Sept. 24, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 8 a.m.
- Number of jobs created: Approximately 300
- Full-time and part-time positions
- General merchandise
- Full line of groceries, including
- Fresh produce
- Full-service deli
- Prepared meal options
- Convenience services include
- Walmart Site-to-Store
- Pay with Cash option
- Grants from Walmart will be presented to area organizations
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/walmart4161
A Big Family Welcome
- Saturday, Sept. 27, from noon to 3 p.m.
For more information
- Media contact: Julia Bennet, Schwartz Media, 904-534-4468
- Walmart Media Relations, 800-331-0085
- Walmart information online: www.corporate.walmart.com; merchandise sales: www.walmart.com