- Expanded store located at Gratiot Avenue and Twelve Mile Road
- Roseville Walmart expansion creates approximately 80 additional jobs
- Store open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Local Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/walmart2959
ROSEVILLE, Mich., Sept. 17, 2014 – An expanded Walmart is re-opening Wednesday, Sept. 24, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m. The larger store is conveniently located at Gratiot Avenue and Twelve Mile Road and is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The store will provide Roseville residents with low prices on a broad assortment of merchandise and offer Walmart's free Site to Store program, enabling customers to choose from nearly a million additional online items that can be ordered on Walmart.com and picked up at the Roseville store for free, often as quickly as the same day.
The expanded store employs approximately 300 full- and part-time associates, including approximately 80 positions created by the expansion. Store manager Jeff Marsh began his Walmart career in 2005 in a training program at the Sterling Heights store.
“I look forward to customers shopping our new expanded grocery department right here in Roseville,” said Marsh. “The customers have wanted this and we are excited to provide this new shopping convenience.”
Affordable Groceries to Meet All Your Needs
The new store offers fresh produce and a full line of groceries from all the leading brand names, including organic and natural selections. The expanded store now provides a wide variety of meats and bakery selections perfect for tailgates and watch parties.
In addition to groceries, the store features quality, value-priced general merchandise, including electronics and seasonal items. In addition, customers can shop a broader assortment of items online at Walmart.com and then pay for these purchases with cash in all of Walmart U.S. stores and Walmart Neighborhood Markets, including the new Roseville store.
The pharmacy offers a full range of products and services. Pharmacy team members can answer product and prescription questions and customers can ask about health and wellness solutions. Roseville residents can easily transfer prescriptions and order refills on the go with the Walmart mobile app for iPhone and Android.
The grand-opening celebration will include presentations of $8,000 in grants from Walmart and the Walmart Foundation to local community groups. Grant recipients will include the Hope Center in Macomb, Eastpointe/Roseville Chamber of Commerce, Roseville Fire Department and the Roseville Police Department.
In addition to the grants given as part of the grand opening, the new store will further Walmart’s pledge to fight hunger in America. As part of Walmart’s and the Walmart Foundation’s $2 billion commitment to fight hunger through 2015, Walmart stores in Michigan donated approximately 13.5 million pounds of food, in fiscal year 2014, or the equivalent of 11.3 million meals. Additionally, Walmart and the Walmart Foundation gave more than $26.3 million in fiscal year 2014 in Michigan alone. For more information on Walmart’s fight against hunger, visit http://foundation.walmart.com/our-focus/hunger.
"I am happy to see that Walmart is expanding their store and bringing new jobs to the city of Roseville,” said Roseville Mayor John Chirkun. “I am especially pleased to see that economic development is growing in our city, it is a sign that times are changing."
A Big Family Welcome
Walmart is happy to be part of the Roseville community and is ready to celebrate with residents on Saturday, Sept. 27. A Big Family Welcome will give customers a chance to meet Marsh and enjoy fun family activities and free food samples while supplies last. Join the celebration from noon to 3 p.m.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 245 million customers and members visit our almost 11,000 stores under 71 banners in 27 countries and ecommerce websites in 10 countries. With fiscal year 2014 sales of over $473 billion, Walmart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart. Online merchandise sales are available at http://www.walmart.com and http://www.samsclub.com.
- Location: 28804 Gratiot Ave., Roseville, Mich.
- Size: Approximately 180,000 square feet, approximately 57,000 square feet created by the expansion
- Store manager: Jeff Marsh
- Hours: 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Grand re-opening: Wednesday, Sept. 24, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m.
- Number of jobs: Approximately 300, with approximately 80 additional jobs added by the expansion
- Full-time and part-time positions
- General merchandise
- Full line of groceries, including
- Fresh produce
- Prepared meal options
- Organic/natural selections
- Convenience services include
- Walmart Site-to-Store
- Pay with Cash option
- Vision Center
- Grants from Walmart will presented to area organizations
- Hope Center in Macomb
- Eastpointe/Roseville Chamber of Commerce
- Roseville Fire Department
- Roseville Police Department
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/walmart2959
A Big Family Welcome
- Saturday, Sept. 27 from noon to 3 p.m.
For more information
- Media contacts: Glenn Oswald/Lana Mini. Marx Layne & Company. 248-855-6777
- Walmart Media Relations, 800-331-0085
- Walmart information online: www.corporate.walmart.com; merchandise sales: www.walmart.com