- New Walmart Neighborhood Market located 935 S. Holly St.
- Up to 95 jobs created by Siloam Springs Walmart Neighborhood Market
- Store open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Local Facebook page: www.facebook.com/walmart6960
SILOAM SPRINGS, Ark., Sept. 3, 2014 – A new Walmart Neighborhood Market is opening Wednesday, September 10, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m. The new store is conveniently located at 935 S. Holly St. and is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The store will provide Siloam Springs residents with low prices on a broad assortment of merchandise and offer Walmart's free Site to Store program, enabling customers to choose from nearly a million additional online items that can be ordered on Walmart.com and picked up at the Siloam Springs store for free, often as quickly as the same day.
The new Siloam Springs store is part of Walmart’s plan to open an additional 270 to 300 small-format locations this year. The first Walmart Neighborhood Market opened in 1998, and today there are approximately 300 Walmart Neighborhood Market stores nationwide.
The new store will provide local customers with a new, convenient option for their grocery shopping needs, including fresh produce and pharmacy services.
“Walmart is excited to be a part of the community as we head into fall,” said store manager Billy Cunningham. “We’ve got everything that you need for your game time needs and gatherings.”
Affordable Groceries to Meet Your Needs
The new store offers fresh produce and a full line of groceries from all the leading brand names, including organic and natural selections for back-to-school lunches.
Smaller Store, More Convenience
The new store is approximately one-fifth the size of a Walmart Supercenter. In addition to groceries, the store features health and beauty aids, pet products and cleaning supplies. In addition, customers can shop a broader assortment of items online at Walmart.com and then pay for these purchases with cash in all of Walmart U.S. stores and Walmart Neighborhood Markets, including the new Siloam Springs store.
The pharmacy offers a full range of products and services. Pharmacy team members can answer product and prescription questions and customers can ask about health and wellness solutions. Siloam Springs residents can easily transfer prescriptions and order refills on the go with the Walmart mobile app for iPhone and Android.
Renewing American Manufacturing
Walmart is committed to investing $250 billion in products that support American manufacturing over the next 10 years. In Arkansas, Walmart buys products from Sager Creek Vegetable Company, a Siloam Springs-based manufacturer that makes canned vegetables.
New Store, New Jobs
The new store employs up to 95 full- and part-time associates. Store manager Billy Cunningham began his Walmart career in 2000 as a cart pusher.
The grand-opening celebration includes presentations of $6,000 in grants from Walmart to local community groups. Siloam Springs High School will receive $1000, Overdrive Church will receive $1000, The Siloam Springs Boys and Girls Club will receive $2000, the Siloam Springs Police Department will receive $1000, the Siloam Springs VFW will receive $1000, and Hunger and Thirst Ministries will receive $1000.
In addition to the grants given as part of the grand opening, the new store will further Walmart’s pledge to fight hunger in America. As part of Walmart’s and the Walmart Foundation’s $2 billion commitment to fight hunger through 2015, Walmart stores in Arkansas donated approximately 16.7 million pounds of food in fiscal year 2014, or the equivalent of 13.9 million meals. Additionally, Walmart and the Walmart Foundation gave more than $79 million in fiscal year 2014 in Arkansas alone. For more information on Walmart’s fight against hunger, visit http://foundation.walmart.com/our-focus/hunger.
A Big Family Welcome
Walmart is happy to be part of the Siloam Springs community and is ready to celebrate with residents on Saturday, September 15. A Big Family Welcome will give customers a chance to meet Cunningham and enjoy fun family activities such as face painting and free food samples while supplies last. Join the celebration from noon to 3 p.m.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 245 million customers and members visit our almost 11,000 stores under 71 banners in 27 countries and ecommerce websites in 10 countries. With fiscal year 2014 sales of over $473 billion, Walmart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart. Online merchandise sales are available at http://www.walmart.com and http://www.samsclub.com.
Siloam Springs Walmart Neighborhood Market
- Location: 935 S. Holly St., Siloam Springs, Ark.
- Size: Approximately 41,000 square feet
- Store manager: Billy Cunningham
- Hours: 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Grand opening: Wednesday, September 10, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m.
- Full line of groceries, including:
- Fresh produce
- Self-serve deli
- Prepared meal options
- Organic/natural selections
- Additional merchandise includes:
- Health and beauty aids
- Pet and cleaning products
- Hardware and stationery
- Convenience services include:
- Walmart Site-to-Store
- $6,000 in grants from Walmart will be presented to the following area organizations:
- Siloam Springs High School- $1000
- Overdrive Church- $1000
- Siloam Springs Boys and Girls Club- $2000
- Siloam Springs Police Department- $1000
- Siloam Springs VFW- $1000
- Hunger and Thirst Ministries- $1000
Walmart Neighborhood Celebration
- Saturday, September, 6 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Number of jobs created: Up to 95
- Full- and part-time positions
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/walmart6960
A Big Family Welcome
- Saturday, September 13 from noon to 3 p.m.
For more information
- Media contact: John Engleman, Mitchell Communications Group, 479-305-1665
- Walmart Media Relations, 800-331-0085
- Walmart information online: www.corporate.walmart.com; merchandise sales: www.walmart.com