Larger Walmart provides approximately 80 additional jobs, plus savings on wide selection of merchandise – in stores and online
- Expanded store located at 2897 Veterans Memorial Parkway
- St. Charles Walmart expansion creates approximately 80 additional jobs
- Store open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Local Facebook page: www.facebook.com/walmart1161
ST. CHARLES, Mo., Sept. 3, 2014 – An expanded Walmart is re-opening Wednesday, September 10, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m. The larger store is conveniently located at 2897 Veterans Memorial Parkway and is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The store will provide St. Charles residents with low prices on a broad assortment of merchandise and offer Walmart's free Site to Store program, enabling customers to choose from nearly a million additional online items that can be ordered on Walmart.com and picked up at the St. Charles store for free, often as quickly as the same day.
The expanded store employs approximately 300 full- and part-time associates, including 80 positions added by the expansion. Store manager Jeff Hindes began his Walmart career in 1984 as an assistant manager.
“We’re happy to improve our residents’ shopping experience in our expanded store,” said Hindes. “We hope they will be satisfied with the service that Walmart continues to offer.”
Affordable Groceries to Meet All Your Needs
The new store offers fresh produce and a full line of groceries from all the leading brand names, including organic and natural selections. There is also a wide variety of meat and bakery selections, including fresh baked breads and tortillas.
In addition to groceries, the store features quality, value-priced general merchandise, including electronics and toys. In addition, customers can shop a broader assortment of items online at Walmart.com and then pay for these purchases with cash in all of Walmart U.S. stores and Walmart Neighborhood Markets, including the new St. Charles store.
The pharmacy offers a full range of products and services. Pharmacy team members can answer product and prescription questions and customers can ask about health and wellness solutions. St. Charles residents can easily transfer prescriptions and order refills on the go with the Walmart mobile app for iPhone and Android.
“Retail is a vital part of the city’s economic base, which is why we are so very pleased to see Walmart reinvest here in St. Charles,” said Mayor Sally Faith. “Walmart has always been a strong community partner, and we look forward to many more years of continued collaboration and shared success.”
The grand-opening celebration includes presentations of $2,500 in grants from Walmart to local community groups. Recipients of grants include The BackStoppers Inc. and the local Big Brothers Big Sisters.
In addition to the grants given as part of the grand opening, the new store will further Walmart’s pledge to fight hunger in America. As part of Walmart’s and the Walmart Foundation’s $2 billion commitment to fight hunger through 2015, Walmart stores in Missouri donated approximately 23.7 million pounds of food in fiscal year 2014, or the equivalent of 19.7 million meals. Additionally, Walmart and the Walmart Foundation gave more than $43.2 million in fiscal year 2014 in Missouri alone. For more information on Walmart’s fight against hunger, visit http://foundation.walmart.com/our-focus/hunger.
A Big Family Welcome
Walmart is happy to be part of the St. Charles community and is ready to celebrate with residents on Saturday, September 13. A Big Family Welcome will give customers a chance to meet Hindes and enjoy fun family activities and free food samples while supplies last. Join the celebration from noon to 3 p.m.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 245 million customers and members visit our almost 11,000 stores under 71 banners in 27 countries and ecommerce websites in 10 countries. With fiscal year 2014 sales of over $473 billion, Walmart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart. Online merchandise sales are available at http://www.walmart.com and http://www.samsclub.com.
St. Charles Walmart
- Location: 2897 Veterans Memorial Parkway, St. Charles, Mo.
- Size: Approximately 191,000 square feet, approximately 57,000 square feet created by the expansion
- Store manager: Jeff Hindes
- Hours: 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Grand opening: Wednesday, September 10, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m.
- Number of jobs created: Approximately 300, with approximately 80 additional jobs added by the expansion
- Full-time and part-time positions
- General merchandise
- Full line of groceries, including
- Fresh produce
- Full-service deli
- Prepared meal options
- Organic/natural selections
- Convenience services include
- Walmart Site-to-Store
- Pay with Cash option
- Vision Center
- $2,500 in grants from Walmart will be presented to the following area organizations:
- The BackStoppers, Inc.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/walmart1161
A Big Family Welcome
- Saturday, September 13 from noon to 3 p.m.
For more information
- Media contact: Contact: Bridget Schultz, Mitchell Communications Group, 479-301-7987
- Walmart Media Relations, 800-331-0085
- Walmart information online: www.corporate.walmart.com; merchandise sales: www.walmart.com