- Expanded store located at 909 E. Wishkah St.
- Aberdeen Walmart expansion provides approximately 80 additional jobs
- Store open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Local Facebook page: www.facebook.com/walmart2037
ABERDEEN, Wash., Sept. 3, 2014 – An expanded Walmart is re-opening Wednesday, September 10, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 8 a.m. The larger store is conveniently located at 909 E. Wishkah St. and is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The store will provide Aberdeen residents with low prices on a broad assortment of merchandise and offer Walmart's free Site to Store program, enabling customers to choose from nearly a million additional online items that can be ordered on Walmart.com and picked up at the Aberdeen store for free, often as quickly as the same day.
The expanded store employs approximately 300 full- and part-time associates, including approximately 80 additional jobs created by the expansion. Store manager Irene Brown began her Walmart career in 1991 as an hourly cashier.
“This bigger store will provide an improved shopping experience to our community,” said Brown. “We are excited for the public to see it.”
Affordable Groceries to Meet All Your Needs
The new store offers fresh produce and a full line of groceries from all the leading brand names and a selection of locally manufactured products.
In addition to groceries, the store features quality, value-priced general merchandise, including electronics and toys. In addition, customers can shop a broader assortment of items online at Walmart.com and then pay for these purchases with cash in all of Walmart U.S. stores and Walmart Neighborhood Markets, including the new Aberdeen store.
The pharmacy offers a full range of products and services. Pharmacy team members can answer product and prescription questions and customers can ask about health and wellness solutions. Aberdeen residents can easily transfer prescriptions and order refills on the go with the Walmart mobile app for iPhone and Android.
“Walmart is truly part of our community,” said Mayor Bill Simpson. “This new expansion makes more merchandise available locally.”
The grand-opening celebration includes presentations of $2,200 in grants from Walmart to local community groups. Recipients of grants include Children’s Advocacy Center of Grays Harbor, 7th Street Kids Theatre and Union Gospel Mission of Grays Harbor.
In addition to the grants given as part of the grand opening, the new store will further Walmart’s pledge to fight hunger in America. As part of Walmart’s and the Walmart Foundation’s $2 billion commitment to fight hunger through 2015, Walmart stores in Washington donated approximately 10.4 million pounds of food, in fiscal year 2014, or the equivalent of 8.6 million meals. Additionally, Walmart and the Walmart Foundation gave more than $19.5 million in fiscal year 2014 in Washington alone. For more information on Walmart’s fight against hunger, visit http://foundation.walmart.com/our-focus/hunger.
A Big Family Welcome
Walmart is happy to be part of the Aberdeen community and is ready to celebrate with residents on Saturday, September 13. A Big Family Welcome will give customers a chance to meet Brown and enjoy fun family activities and free food samples while supplies last. Join the celebration from noon to 3 p.m.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 245 million customers and members visit our almost 11,000 stores under 71 banners in 27 countries and ecommerce websites in 10 countries. With fiscal year 2014 sales of over $473 billion, Walmart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart. Online merchandise sales are available at http://www.walmart.com and http://www.samsclub.com.
- Location: 909 E. Wishkah St., Aberdeen, Wash.
- Size: Approximately 157,000 square feet, including approximately 35,000 square feet created by the expansion
- Store manager: Irene Brown
- Hours: 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Grand opening: Wednesday, September 10, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 8 a.m.
- Number of jobs created: Approximately 300, with approximately 80 additional jobs added by the expansion
- Full-time and part-time positions
- General merchandise
- Full line of groceries, including
- Fresh produce
- Full-service deli
- Prepared meal options
- Convenience services include
- Walmart Site-to-Store
- Pay with Cash option
- Vision Center
- $2,200 in grants from Walmart will be presented to the following area organizations:
- Children’s Advocacy Center of Grays Harbor
- 7th Street Kids Theatre
- Union Gospel Mission of Grays Harbor
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/walmart2037
A Big Family Welcome
- Saturday, September 13 from noon to 3 p.m.
For more information
- Media contact: Contact: Bridget Schultz, Mitchell Communications Group, 479-301-7987
- Walmart Media Relations, 800-331-0085
- Walmart information online: www.corporate.walmart.com; merchandise sales: www.walmart.com