Larger Walmart provides approximately 80 additional jobs, plus savings on wide selection of merchandise – in stores and online
- Expanded store located at 1575 W. Pacheco Blvd.
- Los Banos Walmart expansion creates approximately 80 additional jobs
- Store open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Local Facebook page: www.facebook.com/walmart2117
LOS BANOS, Calif., Aug. 27, 2014 – An expanded Walmart is re-opening Wednesday, September 3, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 8 a.m. The larger store is conveniently located at 1575 W. Pacheco Blvd., and is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The store will provide Los Banos residents with low prices on a broad assortment of merchandise and offer Walmart's free Site to Store program, enabling customers to choose from nearly a million additional online items that can be ordered on Walmart.com and picked up at the Los Banos store for free, often as quickly as the same day.
The expanded store employs approximately 300 full- and part-time associates. Store manager Valentino Alonzo began his Walmart career in 2008 as an unloader.
“Congratulations on the completion of the Walmart store conversion project and the additional 80 new jobs that will be added in our community,” said Los Banos Mayor Mike Villalta. “Your efforts have also gone above and beyond in helping with the needed pedestrian safety improvements at the corner of Pacheco and Mercy Springs.”
Affordable Groceries to Meet All Your Needs
The expanded store now offers fresh produce and a full line of groceries from all the leading brand names, including organic and natural selections for back-to-school lunches.
“We’re excited to bring the grocery and fresh produce option to Los Banos,” said Alonzo. “It truly allows us to help our residents save money so that they can live better.”
In addition to groceries, the store features quality, value-priced general merchandise, including electronics and a new fabric cutting area. In addition, customers can shop a broader assortment of items online at Walmart.com and then pay for these purchases with cash in all of Walmart U.S. stores and Walmart Neighborhood Markets, including the new Los Banos store.
The pharmacy offers a full range of products and services. Pharmacy team members can answer product and prescription questions and customers can ask about health and wellness solutions. Los Banos residents can easily transfer prescriptions and order refills on the go with the Walmart mobile app for iPhone and Android.
The grand re-opening celebration includes presentations of $3,400 in grants from Walmart to local community groups. Grant recipients include the Los Banos Chamber of Commerce, Cavalry Baptist Church, Touchdown Club of Los Banos and Soroptimist International of Los Banos.
In addition to the grants given as part of the grand opening, the new store will further Walmart’s pledge to fight hunger in America. As part of Walmart’s and the Walmart Foundation’s $2 billion commitment to fight hunger through 2015, Walmart stores in California donated approximately 23.1 million pounds of food, in fiscal year 2014, or the equivalent of 19.3 million meals. Additionally, Walmart and the Walmart Foundation gave more than $47.1 million in fiscal year 2014 in California alone. For more information on Walmart’s fight against hunger, visit http://foundation.walmart.com/our-focus/hunger.
Walmart is committed to investing $250 billion in products that support American manufacturing over the next 10 years. Los Banos Walmart buys fresh produce from local producers Van Groningen & Sons, Inc. located in Manteca, Calif. and Tanimura & Antle located in Salinas, Calif.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 245 million customers and members visit our almost 11,000 stores under 71 banners in 27 countries and ecommerce websites in 10 countries. With fiscal year 2014 sales of over $473 billion, Walmart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart. Online merchandise sales are available at http://www.walmart.com and http://www.samsclub.com.
Los Banos Walmart
- Location: 1575 W. Pacheco Blvd., Los Banos, Calif.
- Size: Approximately 172,000 square feet, including approximately 68,000 square feet created by the expansion
- Store manager: Valentino Alonzo
- Hours: 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Grand re-opening: Wednesday, Sept. 3, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 8 a.m.
- Number of jobs created: Approximately 220, with approximately 80 additional jobs added by the expansion
- Full- and part-time positions
- General merchandise
- Full line of groceries, including
- Fresh produce
- Full-service deli
- Prepared meal options
- Organic/natural selections
- Convenience services include
- Walmart Site-to-Store
- Pay with Cash option
- $3,400 in grants from Walmart will be presented to area organizations
- Los Banos Chamber of Commerce, $1,000
- Soroptimist International of Los Banos, $1,000
- Touchdown Club of Los Banos, $1,000
- Cavalry Baptist Church, $400
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/walmart2117
- Media contact: John Engleman, Mitchell Communications Group, 479-305-1665
- Walmart Media Relations, 800-331-0085
- Walmart information online: www.corporate.walmart.com; merchandise sales: www.walmart.com