- New store located at 355 54th St. SW.
- Wyoming Walmart creates approximately 300 new jobs
- Store open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Local Facebook page: www.facebook.com/walmart3453
WYOMING, Mich. Aug. 6, 2014 – A new Walmart is opening Wednesday, August 6, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m. The new store is conveniently located at 355 54th Str. SW. and is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The store will provide Wyoming residents with low prices on a broad assortment of merchandise and offer Walmart's free Site to Store program, enabling customers to choose from nearly a million additional online items that can be ordered on Walmart.com and picked up at the Wyoming store for free, often as quickly as the same day.
The new store employs approximately 300 full- and part-time associates. Store manager Portia McLean began her Walmart career in 2005 as an overnight part-time stocker.
“Walmart is excited to be a part of the community just in time for back-to-school,” said McLean. “We have everything you need for the coming school year.”
Affordable Groceries to Meet All Your Needs
The new store offers fresh produce and a full line of groceries from all the leading brand names, including organic and natural selections. The new store offers fresh produce and a full line of groceries from all the leading brand names and local favorites for back-to-school lunches.
In addition to groceries, the store features quality, value-priced general merchandise, including electronics and back-to-school supplies. In addition, customers can shop a broader assortment of items online at Walmart.com and then pay for these purchases with cash in all of Walmart U.S. stores and Walmart Neighborhood Markets, including the new Wyoming store.
The pharmacy offers a full range of products and services. Pharmacy team members can answer product and prescription questions and customers can ask about health and wellness solutions. Wyoming residents can easily transfer prescriptions and order refills on the go with the Walmart mobile app for iPhone and Android.
The grand-opening celebration includes presentations of $6,000 in grants from Walmart to local community groups. Grant recipients include South End Community Outreach Ministries, Kent County Library, Wyoming Department of Public Safety, and the Kent County Sheriff’s Department.
Renewing American Manufacturing
Walmart is committed to investing $250 billion in products that support American manufacturing over the next 10 years. In Michigan, Walmart buys products from American Plastics, a Walled Lake-based manufacturer that makes toys.
A Big Family Welcome
Walmart is happy to be part of the Wyoming community and is ready to celebrate with residents on Saturday, August 9th. A Big Family Welcome will give customers a chance to meet McLean and enjoy fun family activities and free food samples while supplies last. Join the celebration starting at 9 a.m.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 245 million customers and members visit our more than 10,800 stores under 69 banners in 27 countries and e-commerce websites in 10 countries. With fiscal year 2013 sales of approximately $466 billion, Walmart employs more than 2.2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com, on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmartnewsroom. Online merchandise sales are available at http://www.walmart.com and http://www.samsclub.com.
- Location: 355 54th St. SW., Wyoming, Mich.
- Size: Approximately 182,000 square feet
- Store manager: Portia McLean
- Hours: 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Grand opening: Wednesday, August 6, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m.
- Number of jobs created: Approximately 300
- Full-time and part-time positions
- General merchandise
- Full line of groceries, including
- Fresh produce
- Full-service deli
- Prepared meal options
- Organic/natural selections
- Beer and wine
- Convenience services include
- Walmart Site-to-Store
- Pay with Cash option
- Drive-thru Pharmacy
- Vision Center
- $6,000 in grants from Walmart will be presented to the following area organizations:
- South End Community Outreach Ministries- $1,000
- Kent County Library- $1,000
- Wyoming Department of Public Safety - $2,500
- Kent County Sheriff’s Department- $1,500
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/walmart3453
A Big Family Welcome
- Saturday, August 9th at 9 a.m.
For more information
- Media contact: Lana Mini, Marx Layne & Company, Office: 248.855.6777 or (day of event) Cell: 586.242.942
- Walmart Media Relations, 800-331-0085
- Walmart information online: www.corporate.walmart.com; merchandise sales: www.walmart.com