- New Walmart Neighborhood Market located at East Osceola Parkway and Boggy Creek Road
- Up to 95 jobs created by Kissimmee Walmart Neighborhood Market
- Store open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Local Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/walmart4159
KISSIMMEE, Fla., Aug. 6, 2014 – A new Walmart Neighborhood Market is opening Wednesday, Aug. 13, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m. The new store is conveniently located at 2850 E. Osceola Parkway and is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The store will provide Kissimmee residents with low prices on a broad assortment of merchandise and offer Walmart's free Site to Store program, enabling customers to choose from nearly a million additional online items that can be ordered on Walmart.com and picked up at the Kissimmee store for free, often as quickly as the same day.
The new Kissimmee store is part of Walmart’s plan to open an additional 270 to 300 small-format locations this year. The first Walmart Neighborhood Market opened in 1998, and today there are approximately 300 Walmart Neighborhood Market stores nationwide.
The new store will provide local customers with a new, convenient option for their grocery shopping needs, including fresh produce and pharmacy services.
“This store will provide a new convenient grocery option to residents,” said store manager Lori Vinson. “We have all of the brands that families in the area need and just in time to pack back-to-school lunches.”
Affordable Groceries to Meet Your Needs
The new store offers fresh produce and a full line of groceries from all the leading brand names, including organic and natural selections. Additionally, shoppers will be able to find brands such as Iberia, Goya and LaFe.
Store, More Convenience
The new store is approximately one-third the size of a Walmart Supercenter. In addition to groceries, the store features health and beauty aids, pet products and cleaning supplies. In addition, customers can shop a broader assortment of items online at Walmart.com and then pay for these purchases with cash in all of Walmart U.S. stores and Walmart Neighborhood Markets, including the new Kissimmee store.
The pharmacy offers a full range of products and services. Pharmacy team members can answer product and prescription questions and customers can ask about health and wellness solutions. Kissimmee residents can easily transfer prescriptions and order refills on the go with the Walmart mobile app for iPhone and Android.
Store, New Jobs
The new store employs up to 95 full- and part-time associates. Store manager Lori Vinson began her Walmart career in 1999 as an hourly cashier.
"Our efforts to keep taxes low and invest in our roads is paying off as we welcome new jobs to Osceola County,” said Commissioner John Quiñones. “Walmart has been a great community partner, as evidenced by the thousands of dollars being given to local community nonprofits upon the store’s opening, and we’re looking forward to welcoming them to the Boggy Creek area."
The grand-opening celebration includes presentations of $8,000 in grants from Walmart to local community groups, including Boys & Girls Club of Central Florida: BVL Division, Fighting for Our Heroes Foundation, Give Kids the World, HELP Now of Osceola, Kissimmee Police Department, Orlando Brass Works, Osceola County Council on Aging and Osceola Center for the Arts.
In addition to the grants given as part of the grand opening, the new store will further Walmart’s pledge to fight hunger in America. As part of Walmart’s and the Walmart Foundation’s $2 billion commitment to fight hunger through 2015, Walmart stores in Florida donated approximately 35.2 million pounds of food, in fiscal year 2014, or the equivalent of 29.3 million meals. Additionally, Walmart and the Walmart Foundation gave more than $66.8 million in fiscal year 2014 in Florida alone. For more information on Walmart’s fight against hunger, visit http://foundation.walmart.com/our-focus/hunger.
Walmart is happy to be part of the Kissimmee community and is ready to celebrate with residents on Saturday, Aug. 16. A Big Family Welcome will give customers a chance to meet Vinson and enjoy fun family activities such as face painting, cupcake decorating and free food samples while supplies last. Join the celebration from noon to 3 p.m.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere -- in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 245 million customers and members visit our 11,302 stores under 71 banners in 27 countries and ecommerce websites in 10 countries. With fiscal year 2014 sales of over $473 billion, Walmart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart. Online merchandise sales are available at http://www.walmart.com and http://www.samsclub.com.
Kissimmee Walmart Neighborhood Market
- Location: 2850 E. Osceola Parkway, Kissimmee, Fla.
- Size: Approximately 40,000 square feet
- Store manager: Lori Vinson
- Hours: 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Grand opening: Wednesday, Aug. 13, at 8 a.m., following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m.
- Full line of groceries, including:
- Fresh produce
- Prepared meal options
- Organic/natural selections
- Additional merchandise includes:
- Health and beauty aids
- Pet and cleaning products
- Hardware and stationery
- Convenience services include:
- Pharmacy, including drive-thru
- Walmart Site-to-Store
- $8,000 in grants from Walmart will be presented to the following area organizations:
- Boys & Girls Club of Central Florida, BVL Division
- Fighting for Our Heroes Foundation
- Give Kids the World
- HELP Now of Osceola
- Kissimmee Police Department
- Orlando Brass Works
- Osceola County Council on Aging
- Osceola Center for the Arts
- Number of jobs created: Up to 95
- Full- and part-time positions
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/walmart4159
- Saturday, Aug. 16, from noon to 3 p.m.
- Media contact: Christina Morton, APR, Consensus Communications, 407-608-5905 (o), 407-212-2658 (c)
- Walmart Media Relations, 800-331-0085
- Walmart information online: www.corporate.walmart.com; merchandise sales: www.walmart.com