New Walmart provides approximately 300 jobs, plus savings on wide selection of merchandise – in stores and online
- New store located at 6300 W. Brown Deer Road
- The North Shore Walmart creates approximately 300 new jobs
- Store open 6 a.m. to 11 p.m., seven days a week
- Local Facebook page: www.facebook.com/walmart6394
BROWN DEER, Wis., Aug. 6, 2014 – A new Walmart is opening Wednesday, August 13, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m. The new store is conveniently located at 6300 W. Brown Deer Road and is open 6 a.m. to 11 p.m., seven days a week. The store will provide North Shore residents with low prices on a broad assortment of merchandise and offer Walmart's free Site to Store program, enabling customers to choose from nearly a million additional online items that can be ordered on Walmart.com and picked up at the North Shore store for free, often as quickly as the same day.
The new store employs approximately 300 full- and part-time associates. Store manager Jason Radliff began his Walmart career in 2005 as an assistant manager.
“We are excited to open and bring a convenient shopping option to this area of the North Shore,” said Radliff. “We would like to invite residents of the community to the grand opening Aug. 13 and the Big Family Welcome Event on Saturday Aug. 16.”
Affordable Groceries to Meet All Your Needs
The new store offers fresh produce and a full line of groceries from all the leading brand names, including organic and natural selections. The store will provide busy moms a wide variety of favorites for back-to-school lunches.
In addition to groceries, the store features quality, value-priced general merchandise, including electronics and back-to-school supplies. In addition, customers can shop a broader assortment of items online at Walmart.com and then pay for these purchases with cash in all of Walmart U.S. stores and Walmart Neighborhood Markets, including the new the North Shore store.
The pharmacy offers a full range of products and services. Pharmacy team members can answer product and prescription questions and customers can ask about health and wellness solutions. The North Shore residents can easily transfer prescriptions and order refills on the go with the Walmart mobile app for iPhone and Android.
The grand-opening celebration includes presentations of $6,000 in grants from Walmart to local community groups. Grant recipients include the Brown Deer Police Department, North Shore Fire and Rescue and the Brown Deer School District.
In addition to the grants given as part of the grand opening, the new store will further Walmart’s pledge to fight hunger in America. As part of Walmart’s and the Walmart Foundation’s $2 billion commitment to fight hunger through 2015, Walmart stores in Wisconsin donated approximately 13 million pounds of food, in fiscal year 2014, or the equivalent of 10.9 million meals. Additionally, Walmart and the Walmart Foundation gave more than $24.7 million in fiscal year 2014 in Wisconsin alone. For more information on Walmart’s fight against hunger, visit http://foundation.walmart.com/our-focus/hunger.
Walmart is happy to be part of the North Shore community and is ready to celebrate with residents on Saturday, Aug. 16. A Big Family Welcome will give customers a chance to meet Radliff and enjoy fun family activities and free food samples while supplies last. Join the celebration from noon to 3 p.m.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 245 million customers and members visit our more than 10,800 stores under 69 banners in 27 countries and e-commerce websites in 10 countries. With fiscal year 2013 sales of approximately $466 billion, Walmart employs more than 2.2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com, on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmartnewsroom. Online merchandise sales are available at http://www.walmart.com and http://www.samsclub.com.
The North Shore Walmart
- Location: 6300 W. Brown Deer Road, Brown Deer, Wis.
- Size: Approximately 158,000 square feet
- Store manager: Jason Radliff
- Hours: 6 a.m. to 11 p.m., seven days a week
- Grand opening: Wednesday, Aug. 13 following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m.
- Number of jobs created: Approximately 300
- Full-time and part-time positions
- General merchandise
- Full line of groceries, including
- Fresh produce
- Full-service deli
- Prepared meal options
- Organic/natural selections
- Convenience services include
- Walmart Site-to-Store
- Pay with Cash option
- $6,0000 in grants from Walmart will be presented to the following area organizations:
- The Brown Deer Police Department
- North Shore Fire and Rescue
- The Brown Deer School District
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/walmart6394
- Saturday, Aug. 16, from noon to 3 p.m.
- Media contact: Bridget Schultz, 479-301-7987
- Walmart Media Relations, 800-331-0085
- Walmart information online: www.corporate.walmart.com; merchandise sales: www.walmart.com