Larger Walmart provides approximately 80 additional jobs, plus savings on wide selection of merchandise – in stores and online
- Expanded store located at 3 S. 100 Route 53
- Glen Ellyn Walmart expansion creates approximately 80 additional jobs
- Store open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Local Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/walmart1848
GLEN ELLYN, Ill., Aug. 6, 2014 – An expanded Walmart is re-opening Wednesday, Aug. 13, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m. The larger store is conveniently located at 3 S. 100 Route 53 and is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The store will provide Glen Ellyn residents with low prices on a broad assortment of merchandise and offer Walmart's free Site to Store program, enabling customers to choose from nearly a million additional online items that can be ordered on Walmart.com and picked up at the Glen Ellyn store for free, often as quickly as the same day.
The expanded store employs approximately 300 full- and part-time associates. Store manager Arienne Wyatt began her Walmart career in 2009 as an hourly bakery department manager in Huntley, Ill.
“This expansion is something our shoppers have been asking for and we are excited to be able to provide them with a complete shopping option,” said Wyatt. “Our newly expanded store is ready for operation just in time for back to school.”
Affordable Groceries to Meet All Your Needs
The expanded store now offers fresh produce and a full line of groceries from all the leading brand names, including organic and natural selections. The new store offers back-to-school supplies and additionally the full fresh produce department allows for easy packing of lunches.
In addition to groceries, the store features quality, value-priced general merchandise, including electronics and back-to-school supplies. In addition, customers can shop a broader assortment of items online at Walmart.com and then pay for these purchases with cash in all of Walmart U.S. stores and Walmart Neighborhood Markets, including the new Glen Ellyn store.
The pharmacy offers a full range of products and services. Pharmacy team members can answer product and prescription questions and customers can ask about health and wellness solutions. Glen Ellyn residents can easily transfer prescriptions and order refills on the go with the Walmart mobile app for iPhone and Android.
Walmart is happy to be part of the Glen Ellyn community and is ready to celebrate with residents on Saturday, Aug. 16. A Big Family Welcome will give customers a chance to meet Wyatt and enjoy fun family activities and free food samples while supplies last. Join the celebration from noon to 3 p.m.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 245 million customers and members visit our more than 10,800 stores under 69 banners in 27 countries and e-commerce websites in 10 countries. With fiscal year 2013 sales of approximately $466 billion, Walmart employs more than 2.2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com, on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmartnewsroom. Online merchandise sales are available at http://www.walmart.com and http://www.samsclub.com.
Glen Ellyn Walmart
- Location: 3 S. 100 Route 53
- Size: Approximately 148,000 square feet, approximately 32,000 square feet created by the expansion
- Store manager: Arienne Wyatt
- Hours: 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Grand re-opening: Wednesday, Aug. 16 at 7:30 a.m.
- Number of jobs created: Approximately 300, with approximately 80 additional jobs added by the expansion
- Full-time and part-time positions
- General merchandise
- Full line of groceries, including
- Fresh produce
- Full-service deli
- Prepared meal options
- Organic/natural selections
- Beer, wine and liquor
- Convenience services include
- Walmart Site-to-Store
- Pay with Cash option
- Vision Center
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/walmart1848
- Saturday, Aug. 16 from noon to 3 p.m.
- Media contact: Susie Gura, Serafin & Associates, 312-943-1955
- Walmart Media Relations, 800-331-0085
- Walmart information online: www.corporate.walmart.com; merchandise sales: www.walmart.com