Walmart Neighborhood Market brings more convenience, local fresh food favorites and employment opportunities to the community
- New Walmart Neighborhood Market located at 1035 Beesons Field Drive
- Up to 95 jobs created by Kernersville Walmart Neighborhood Market
- Store open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Local Facebook page: www.facebook.com/walmart6828
KERNERSVILLE, NC, July 23, 2014 – A new Walmart Neighborhood Market is opening Friday, Aug. 1, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m. The new store is conveniently located at 1035 Beesons Field Drive and is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The store will provide Kernersville residents with low prices on a broad assortment of merchandise and offer Walmart's free Site to Store program, enabling customers to choose from nearly a million additional online items that can be ordered on Walmart.com and picked up at the Kernersville store for free, often as quickly as the same day.
The new Kernersville store is part of Walmart’s plan to open an additional 270 to 300 small-format locations this year. The first Walmart Neighborhood Market opened in 1998, and today there are approximately 300 Walmart Neighborhood Market stores nationwide.
The new store will provide local customers with a new, convenient option for their grocery shopping needs, including fresh produce and pharmacy services.
Affordable Groceries to Meet Your Needs
The new store offers fresh produce and a full line of groceries from all the leading brand names, including organic and natural selections. The new store offers fresh produce and a full line of groceries from all the leading brand names and local favorites for back-to-school lunches.
Store, More Convenience
The new store is approximately one-third the size of a Walmart Supercenter. In addition to groceries, the store features health and beauty aids, pet products and cleaning supplies. In addition, customers can shop a broader assortment of items online at Walmart.com and then pay for these purchases with cash in all of Walmart U.S. stores and Walmart Neighborhood Markets, including the newKernersville store.
The pharmacy offers a full range of products and services. Pharmacy team members can answer product and prescription questions and customers can ask about health and wellness solutions. Kernersville residents can easily transfer prescriptions and order refills on the go with the Walmart mobile app for iPhone and Android.
Walmart is committed to investing $250 billion in products that support American manufacturing over the next 10 years. In North Carolina, Walmart buys products from Musten and Crutchfield, a Kernersville-based manufacturer that makes pimento cheese and potato salad.
Store, New Jobs
The new store employs up to 95 full- and part-time associates. Store manager Debbie Troy began her Walmart career in 2006 as an intern.
“We don’t hire for 95 jobs, we hire for 95 careers,” said Troy. “Associates can move up within Walmart no matter where they start. Here, they have the opportunity to accomplish their goals.”
The grand-opening celebration includes presentations of $2,500 in grants from Walmart to local community groups. Grant recipients include the Triad Homeless Veterans Stand Down 2014, Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest North Carolina, Little Ashley’s Angels Organization, and The Mentoring Center.
In addition to the grants given as part of the grand opening, the new store will further Walmart’s pledge to fight hunger in America. As part of Walmart’s and the Walmart Foundation’s $2 billion commitment to fight hunger through 2015, Walmart stores in North Carolina donated approximately 26.8 million pounds of food, in fiscal year 2014, or the equivalent of 22.3 million meals. Additionally, Walmart and the Walmart Foundation gave more than $49.4 million in fiscal year 2014 in North Carolina alone. For more information on Walmart’s fight against hunger, visit http://foundation.walmart.com/our-focus/hunger.
Walmart is happy to be part of the Kernersville community and is ready to celebrate with residents on Saturday, August 2. A Big Family Welcome will give customers a chance to meet Troy and enjoy fun family activities such as face painting, cupcake decorating and free food samples while supplies last. Join the celebration from noon to 3 p.m.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere -- in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 245 million customers and members visit our 11,302 stores under 71 banners in 27 countries and ecommerce websites in 10 countries. With fiscal year 2014 sales of over $473 billion, Walmart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart. Online merchandise sales are available at http://www.walmart.com and http://www.samsclub.com.
Kernersville Walmart Neighborhood Market
- Location: 1035 Beesons Field Drive, Kernersville, N.C.
- Size: Approximately 41,000 square feet
- Store manager: Debbie Troy
- Hours: 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Grand opening: Friday, August 1, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m.
- Full line of groceries, including:
- Fresh produce
- Self-serve deli
- Prepared meal options
- Organic/natural selections
- Hispanic foods section including pastries
- Additional merchandise includes:
- Health and beauty aids
- Pet and cleaning products
- Hardware and stationery
- Convenience services include:
- Walmart Site-to-Store
- $2,500 in grants from Walmart will be presented to the following area organizations:
- Triad Homeless Veterans Stand down 2014- $1,000
- The Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest North Carolina- $500
- Little Ashley’s Angels Organization- $500
- The Mentoring Center- $500
- Number of jobs created: Up to 95
- Full- and part-time positions
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/walmart6828
- Saturday, August 2nd from noon to 3 p.m.
- Media contact: John Engleman, Mitchell Communications Group, 479-305-1665
- Walmart Media Relations, 800-331-0085
- Walmart information online: www.corporate.walmart.com; merchandise sales: www.walmart.com