- New Walmart Neighborhood Market located at 1800 E. Centerton Blvd.
- Up to 95 jobs created by Centerton Walmart Neighborhood Market
- Store open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
CENTERTON, Ark., June 11, 2014 – Walmart will open a new Walmart Neighborhood Market Wednesday, June 18 after a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m. The new store, approximately one-fifth the size of a Walmart Supercenter, is located at 1800 E. Centerton Blvd. and is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The new store will provide local customers with a new, convenient option for their grocery shopping needs, including fresh produce and pharmacy services.
“I am excited to have a new Walmart Neighborhood Market opening in Centerton,” said Mayor Bill Edwards. “This addition to our city will provide jobs right here in our community and offer residents convenient access to a large selection of fresh produce. We are pleased to welcome them to the neighborhood.”
Smaller Store, More Convenience
The Walmart Neighborhood Market format offers quick and convenient shopping, with a full-grocery department, including organic and natural selections. The store features prepared food options, fresh baked breads, self-serve deli and a bakery.
The pharmacy offers a full range of products and services. Pharmacy team members can answer product and prescription questions and customers can ask about health and wellness solutions.
The grand-opening celebration includes presentations of $6,000 in grants from Walmart to local community groups. Grant recipients include Centerton Fire Department, City of Centerton, Literacy Council of Benton County and Northwest Women’s Shelter.
In addition to the grants given as part of the grand opening, the new store will further Walmart’s pledge to fight hunger in America. As part of Walmart’s and the Walmart Foundation’s $2 billion commitment to fight hunger through 2015, Walmart stores in Arkansas donated approximately 16.7 million pounds of food, in fiscal year 2014, or the equivalent of 13.9 million meals. Additionally, Walmart and the Walmart Foundation gave more than $79 million in fiscal year 2014 in Arkansas alone. For more information on Walmart’s fight against hunger, visit http://foundation.walmart.com/our-focus/hunger.
New Store, New Jobs
The new store employs up to 95 full- and part-time associates. The first Walmart Neighborhood Market opened in 1998, and today there are approximately 300 Walmart Neighborhood Market stores nationwide.
Store manager Donna Shultz began her Walmart career in 2001 as an assistant manager in South Dakota.
“The associates have worked hard to get this store looking great for grand-opening day,” said Shultz. “I hope everyone in the community will come out and celebrate with us on June 18.”
A Big Family Welcome
Walmart is happy to be part of the Centerton community and is ready to celebrate with residents on Saturday, June 21. A Big Family Welcome will give customers a chance to meet Shultz and enjoy fun family activities such as face painting, cupcake decorating and free food samples while supplies last. Join the celebration from noon to 3 p.m.
Join the Conversation
Walmart invites Centerton shoppers to share their in-store experience on Facebook and Twitter by using #MyNewWalmart. Visit the My Local Walmart Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/walmart6953. Fans of the local page can receive information about rollbacks, in-store events, meal solutions and more.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere -- in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 245 million customers and members visit our 11,302 stores under 71 banners in 27 countries and ecommerce websites in 10 countries. With fiscal year 2014 sales of over $473 billion, Walmart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart. Online merchandise sales are available at http://www.walmart.com and http://www.samsclub.com.
Centerton Walmart Neighborhood Market
- Location: 1800 E. Centerton Blvd., Bentonville, Ark.
- Size: Approximately 41,000 square feet
- Store manager: Donna Shultz
- Hours: 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Grand opening: Wednesday, June 18, following a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m.
- Full line of groceries, including:
- Fresh produce
- Self-serve deli
- Prepared meal options
- Organic/natural selections
- Additional merchandise includes:
- Health and beauty aids
- Pet and cleaning products
- Hardware and stationery
- Convenience services include:
- Digital-photo processing center
- Walmart Site-to-Store
- $6,000 in grants from Walmart will be presented to the following area organizations:
- Centerton Fire Department
- City of Centerton
- Literacy Council of Benton County
- Northwest Arkansas Women’s Shelter
- Number of jobs created: Up to 95
- Full- and part-time positions
- Saturday, June 21, from noon to 3 p.m.
For more information
- Media contact: John Engleman, Mitchell Communications Group, 479-305-1665
- Walmart Media Relations, 800-331-0085
- Walmart information online: www.corporate.walmart.com; merchandise sales: www.walmart.com