New store offers customers big savings with grocery format
EL PASO, Texas, May 25, 2012 – A new Walmart Neighborhood Market opens in El Paso this month, with a 42,000-square-foot store design offering quick access to low-cost groceries, prescriptions and household products. The new store at 4716 Hondo Pass Drive will open to customers Friday, May 25, and host a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:30 a.m.
Fresh Foods and Familiar Brands
Designed as a convenient shopping experience with great assortment at great prices, the Walmart Neighborhood Market will provide the local community another destination for groceries at the Walmart value price. The store will carry a full line of groceries, including fresh produce, frozen foods, meat and dairy products. For those on the go, a self-serve deli offers hot rotisserie chicken, sliced deli meats, gourmet cheeses and pre-packaged foods.
“With our smaller format, our store is perfect for those on the go. Whether they’re stocking up or need to pick up just a few items, our customers will be able to find what they need quickly and easily,” said store manager Ginger Boaz. “Our customers will be able to find familiar brands and local products at great values, right in their own neighborhood.”
Shoppers will also appreciate the convenience of the store’s pharmacy with a drive-thru lane, along with a full selection of health-related products and a health and beauty area. Additional areas include stationery, paper goods, pet products and hardware items. The store will be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Store Provides 90 Local Jobs
The Walmart Neighborhood Market plans to employ approximately 90 associates.
“Walmart provides job opportunities and career choices for everyone from seniors looking for supplemental income to young people wanting to gain work experience,” Boaz said. Like most Walmart store managers, she started her career with Walmart as a part-time hourly associate. She joined the company in 1998, working at the Show Low, Ariz., Walmart.
Ribbon-Cutting Celebration 7:30 a.m., May 25
Community and business leaders will join Walmart associates at 7:30 a.m., Friday, May 25, for a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) serves customers and members more than 200 million times per week at over 10,000 retail units under 69 different banners in 27 countries. With fiscal year 2012 sales of approximately $444 billion, Walmart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://walmartstores.com, and on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart. Online merchandise sales are available at http://www.walmart.com and http://www.samsclub.com.
El Paso Walmart Neighborhood Market
- Location: 4716 Hondo Pass Drive, El Paso, Texas
- 42,000-square-foot Walmart Neighborhood Market
- Store opens Friday, May 25, following a 7:30 a.m., ribbon-cutting ceremony
- Store manager: Ginger Boaz
- Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Store plans to employ approximately 90 associates
- The average wage at Walmart for full-time hourly associates in Texas is approximately $12.29 per hour*
- Walmart’s benefit program is available to eligible full- and part-time associates and provides a variety of affordable health and well-being benefits including medical insurance with no lifetime maximum. Walmart also offers matching 401(k) contributions of up to 6 percent of pay, discounts on general merchandise for store associates, a Sam’s Club membership for club associates, an Associate Stock Purchase Program and company-paid life insurance. Additionally, eligible associates receive quarterly incentive based on the company performance.
* Average wage taken April 2012. See www.walmartstores.com for details.