Tickets are now available in select Washington, D.C. stores
BENTONVILLE, Ark. (Jan. 24, 2011) – Walmart (NYSE:WMT), the presenting sponsor of the America I AM: The African-American Imprint tour, will offer specially-priced tickets at select Walmart stores in the Washington, D.C. area. America I AM is a four-year touring museum exhibition that celebrates nearly 500 years of African-American contributions to this country. To help give families the opportunity to enjoy this special experience, Walmart is offering tickets at the lowest available price: $10 for adults and $5 for children. The discounted prices are 17 percent off standard ticket prices.
After having stopped in five communities over the past two years, the exhibit will make its Washington, D.C. debut at the National Geographic Museum on Wednesday, February 2, 2011. America I AM aims to bring together Americans of all backgrounds to achieve a greater understanding of the indelible African-American imprint on this country. Beginning with the arrival of Africans and spanning to present day accomplishments, the exhibition presents a collection of pivotal moments in African-American history that have shaped the culture and society of today. Families can learn more about the tour through the America I AM Legends book available in Walmart stores and online at Walmart.com for $16.00.
“We are honored to sponsor the America I AM exhibition which provides families throughout the nation the opportunity to celebrate and embrace the rich history of the African-American community in this country,” said Alex Barron, Regional General Manager-Mid Atlantic States, Walmart U.S. “We are always committed to providing the best value to our customers so they can save money and live better, and are proud to do that by giving them exclusively-priced access to this one-of-a-kind experience.”
Families can visit the following participating Walmart stores to purchase specially-priced discounted tickets to the exhibit:
- 1811 Monocacy Blvd., Frederick, MD 21701
- 150 Solomons Island Rd. N., Prince Frederick, MD 20678
- 10600 Towne Center Blvd., Dunkirk, MD 20754
- 20910 Frederick Rd., Germantown, MD 20876
- 40 Drury Dr., La Plata, MD 20646
- 7400 Guilford Dr., Frederick, MD 21704
- 3300 Crain Hwy., Bowie, MD 20716
- 6210 Annapolis Rd., Landover Hills, MD 20784
- 8745 Branch Ave., Clinton, MD 20735
- 11930 Acton Ln., Waldorf, MD 20601
- 3549 Russett Grn., Laurel, MD 20724
- 6405 Dobbin Rd., Columbia, MD 21045
- 6000 Burke Commons Rd., Burke, VA 22015
- 950 Edwards Ferry Rd. Ne, Leesburg, VA 20176
- 13059 Fair Lakes Parkway, Fairfax, VA 22033
- 45415 Dulles Crossing Plz., Sterling, VA 20166
- 9401 Liberia Ave., Manassas, VA 20110
- 8386 Sudley Rd., Manassas, VA 20109
- 125 Washington Square Plz., Fredericksburg, VA 22405
- 11 Village Pkwy., Fredericksburg, VA 22406
- 5800 Kingstowne Ctr., Alexandria, VA 22315
- 217 Garrisonville Rd., Stafford, VA 22554
- 14000 Worth Ave., Woodbridge, VA 22192
- 1800 Carl D. Silver Pkwy., Frederisckburg, VA 22401
- 7910 Richmond Hwy., Alexandria, VA 22306
- 10001 Southpoint Pkwy., Fredericksburg, VA 22407
- 17041 Jefferson Davis Hwy., Dumfries, VA 22026
- 6303 Richmond Hwy., Alexandria, VA 22306
America I AM will be open at the National Geographic Museum through May 1, 2011. The museum is located at 1145 17th Street NW, and is open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information on the exhibition and accompanying public programs, please visit www.ngmuseum.org.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) or “Walmart,” serves customers and members more than 200 million times per week at more than 8,800 retail units under 59 different banners in 15 countries. With fiscal year 2010 sales of $405 billion, Walmart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide. A leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity, Walmart ranked first among retailers in Fortune Magazine’s 2010 Most Admired Companies survey. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting www.walmartstores.com and on Twitter at http://Twitter.com/Walmart. Online merchandise sales are available at www.walmart.com and www.samsclub.com.
About America I AM: The African-American Imprint
America I AM: The African-American Imprint exhibition was developed in partnership with Tavis Smiley and organized by Arts and Exhibitions International and the Cincinnati Museum Center. America I AM is made possible by Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., its proud sponsor. Northern Trust is the exhibition’s educational partner, and Microsoft is the technology partner for the tour.
# # #