Walmart.com Launches Six Days of Online Specials on More than 150 Holiday Gifts through Dec. 3 with Free Shipping on Majority of Items
BENTONVILLE, Ark., Nov. 26, 2010 – Walmart (NYSE: WMT) announced today that it will launch its Cyber Week of savings early this year, offering six days of unbelievable prices on a large assortment of must-have holiday items while supplies last. More than 150 holiday gifts and other items will be offered online at Walmart.com beginning on Sunday, Nov. 28 through Friday, Dec. 3.
Walmart’s Cyber Week event gives families amazing offers on a wide assortment of holiday gifts from electronics, toys and video games to home furnishings, apparel, beauty products and personalized items with new savings added daily. In addition, almost all Cyber Week items ship free to your home1 or to your local Walmart store with Site to Store.2
“This year, we’ve increased our online specials by 25 percent to offer big savings on top items throughout Cyber Week so our customers can bring home more for less this Holiday,” said Steve Nave, senior vice president and general manager, Walmart.com. “We are also kicking off Cyber Week one day early to give our customers more time to save and the majority of items are available for free shipping.”
Walmart’s Cyber Week holiday savings kick off Sunday, Nov. 28 through Friday, Dec. 3. Featured items include:
- Philips 8GB Vibe MP3 Video Player – $39.98
- Garmin Nuvi 295W 3.5” Portable GPS – $89
- Viore 24” Class LED-LCD HDTV – $199
- HP Mini 210 Netbook PC – $318
- Sony PlayStation 3 Entertainment Value Bundle (includes PS3 160GB console, choice of 2 games, choice of Blu-ray movie and Sony Blu-ray remote) – $388
- Element 42” Class LED-LCD HDTV – $499
- HP 17.3” DV7 Laptop PC – $578
- Hot Wheels Turbo Town Mega Garage Playset (includes five ramps, working car elevator and two car launchers)– $29
- VTech MobiGo Touch Learning Game Bundle (includes Toy Story 3 Bonus Software Cartridge) – $49.97
- FujiFilm Digital Camera Bundle (includes camera case, 4GB SD card and 100 4” x 6” prints from Walmart One Hour Photo) – $89
- Kodak Easyshare Digital Camera – $199
- Personalized Photo Christmas Stockings with a bonus stocking holder – $10
Customers can find Cyber Week pricing updates by following Walmart on twitter at @WalmartSpecials.
1Offer not valid on automotive tires and Walmart Marketplace items. Shipping surcharges may still apply in Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico.
3 Depending on item and availability. Marketplace items cannot be returned to stores
ATTENTION TELEVISION AND WEB MEDIA
Walmart b-roll supplementing this release is available for local television and web use. Interested media can access the clip one of the following ways:
Satellite Feed: Stations can access the footage via satellite feed from 11:00 am ET and/or 3:00 pm ET at the following coordinates:
Galaxy 18 (Ku) Dig
Transponder 20 – Ch A
Orbital Slot: 123 degrees WL
Bandwidth: 9 MHz
Uplink Freq: 14386.5 (V)
Downlink Freq: 12086.5 (H)
First Window: 11:00 – 11:15 am ET (10:00 – 10:15am CT)
Second Window: 3:00 – 3:15 pm ET (2:00 – 2:15 am CT)
Run Time: 1:33 sec b-roll
CG: Walmart Cyber Week
Description: Customers shopping on Walmart.com. Cyber Week online specials including electronics, toys, cameras and more.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT), or “Walmart,” serves customers and members more than 200 million times per week at more than 8,400 retail units under 55 different banners in 15 countries. With fiscal year 2010 sales of $405 billion, Walmart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide. A leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity, Walmart ranked first among retailers in Fortune Magazine’s 2010 Most Admired Companies survey. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting www.walmartstores.com and on Twitter at http://Twitter.com/walmart. Online merchandise sales are available at www.walmart.com and www.samsclub.com.
# # #