Renovated store offers a glimpse into the next generation of shopping
BRADENTON, Fla., June 14, 2010 – The Bradenton Walmart, located at 6225 E. State Road 64, will celebrate a grand re-opening this week, giving local shoppers a glimpse of the company’s next generation of store design and customer experience. The results of a three-month remodeling project will be unveiled at the Bradenton Walmart at 8 a.m., Friday, June 18. Among the many improvements are a new layout, wider aisles, low-profile shelving, a bright interior paint scheme, enhanced lighting and easy-to-read signage to make the shopping experience more convenient for customers than ever before.
“We listened to our customers and redesigned the store to make shopping at Walmart even easier,” store manager Jim Jackson said.
New Layout Improves Customer Experience
The remodeled store features a more open shopping environment with wider aisles that contain no product displays. Walmart also aligned the departments that customers shop most frequently, making it quicker to purchase everyday items.
“The new layout is easier to navigate, which will save our customers time as they shop for necessities,” Jackson said.
A bright interior paint scheme and enhanced lighting create a more inviting shopping experience and help define the store’s merchandise areas. Low-profile shelving creates an improved sightline, and directional signage helps customers find the products they need.
Expanded Departments Add Value and Savings
The remodel also brings Walmart customers an expanded electronics department, featuring a wide selection of the latest consumer electronics and home entertainment. The new design includes a more hands-on experience for customers with interactive displays for hi-definition Blu-ray, video gaming and portable electronics. The interactive experience enables shoppers to test new technology.
A new department called Celebration Station features party supplies, greeting cards, balloons and helium tanks, cake supplies and gift wrap.
Grand Opening Activities Include Support for Local Organizations
The grand re-opening celebration is scheduled for Friday, June 18 and will begin with a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 8 a.m. During the ceremony, store associates will present approximately $4,250 in grants from the Walmart Foundation to local organizations, including:
- Junior Achievement of West Central Florida, Inc.
- Police Athletic League of Manatee County
- Lakewood Ranch High School
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Community Coalition on Homelessness
- Gilbert W. McNeal Elementary School
- Manatee County Sheriff’s Office
- Manatee Patchworkers Quilt Guild
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT), or “Walmart,” serves customers and members more than 200 million times per week at more than 8,400 retail units under 55 different banners in 15 countries. With fiscal year 2010 sales of $405 billion, Walmart employs more than 2.0 million associates worldwide. A leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity, Walmart ranked first among retailers in Fortune Magazine’s 2009 Most Admired Companies survey. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting www.walmartstores.com and on Twitter at http://Twitter.com/walmart. Online merchandise sales are available at www.walmart.com and www.samsclub.com.
# # #
• Jim Jackson, store manager, can provide details about the grand re-opening, offer quotes for interviews and arrange photo opportunities or preview tours. He can be contacted at 941-708-2800.
• Media contact: Michelle Bradford, Mitchell Communications Group, 479-871-9513
• Walmart PR and Brand Reputation: 800-331-0085
• Walmart information online: www.walmartstores.com; merchandise sales: www.walmart.com
• Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. is the legal trade name of the corporation. The name "Walmart," expressed as one word and without punctuation, is a trademark of the company and is used analogously to describe the company and its stores. Use the trade name when it is necessary to identify the legal entity, such as when reporting financial results, litigation or corporate governance.