Renovated store offers a glimpse into the next generation of shopping
MILLERSBURG, Ohio, June 2, 2010 – The Millersburg Walmart, located at 1640 S. Washington St., will celebrate a grand re-opening this week, giving local shoppers a glimpse of the company’s next generation of store design and customer experience. The results of a three-month remodeling project will be unveiled at the Millersburg Walmart at 7:30 a.m., Friday, June 4. Among the many improvements are a new layout, wider aisles, low-profile shelving, bright interior paint scheme, enhanced lighting and easy-to-read signage to make the shopping experience more convenient for customers than ever before.
“We listened to our customers and have redesigned the store to make shopping at Walmart even easier,” said store manager Fran Jackson.
New Layout Improves Customer Experience
The remodeled Millersburg store features a more open shopping environment with wider aisles that contain no product displays. Walmart also aligned the departments that customers shop most frequently, making it quicker to purchase everyday items.
“The new layout is easier to navigate, which will save our customers time as they shop for necessities,” said Jackson.
Among the changes, Walmart has combined the Site-to-Store pick-up location and photo lab into a single area at the rear of the store. Customers now have ready access to these services as well as associates who can provide assistance as needed.
A bright interior paint scheme and enhanced lighting create a more inviting shopping experience and help define the store’s merchandise areas. Low-profile shelving creates an improved sightline and directional signage helps customers find the products they need.
Expanded Departments Add Value and Savings
The remodel also brings Walmart customers an expanded electronics department featuring a wide selection of the latest consumer electronics and home entertainment. The new design includes a more hands-on experience for customers with interactive displays for hi-definition Blu-ray, video gaming and portable electronics. The interactive experience enables shoppers to test new technology.
A new department called Celebration Station has been added and will feature party supplies, greeting cards, balloons and helium tanks, cake supplies and gift wrap.
Grand Re-opening Activities Include Support for Local Organizations
The grand re-opening celebration is scheduled for Friday, June 4, and will begin with a ribbon-cutting ceremony. During the ceremony, store associates will present a total of $4,000 in grants from the Walmart Foundation to local organizations, including:
- Highland Academic Booster Club
- Holmes County Fire District #1
- Holmes County Senior Center
- International Association of Lions Clubs
- Killbuck Community Library
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT), or “Walmart,” serves customers and members more than 200 million times per week at more than 8,400 retail units under 55 different banners in 15 countries. With fiscal year 2010 sales of $405 billion, Walmart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide. A leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity, Walmart ranked first among retailers in Fortune Magazine’s 2009 Most Admired Companies survey. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting www.walmartstores.com and on Twitter at http://Twitter.com/walmart. Online merchandise sales are available at www.walmart.com and www.samsclub.com.
# # #
- Fran Jackson, store manager, can provide details about the grand re-opening, offer quotes for interviews and arrange for photo opportunities or preview tours. She can be contacted at 330-674-2888.
- Walmart PR and Brand Reputation, 800-331-0085
- Walmart information online: www.walmartstores.com; merchandise sales: www.walmart.com
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. is the legal trade name of the corporation. The name "Walmart," expressed as one word and without punctuation, is a trademark of the company and is used analogously to describe the company and its stores. Use the trade name when it is necessary to identify the legal entity, such as when reporting financial results, litigation or corporate governance.