Preorders begin today on Walmart.com; Retailer plans “Twilight Saga Shops” with unique items to hit Walmart stores mid-March
BENTONVILLE, Ark. (Feb. 11, 2010) – Ultimate fans of Twilight have a reason to howl with excitement: a sneak peek at The Twilight Saga: Eclipse. Walmart announced today it will be the only retailer to carry The Twilight Saga: New Moon Ultimate Fan Edition on standard DVD and Blu-ray, with never-before-seen footage from the upcoming The Twilight Saga: Eclipse. Walmart also will feature “Twilight Saga Shops” in stores – a dedicated shopping experience for Twilight fans to bite into a variety of Twilight¬-themed clothing, jewelry, and merchandise, including new items to show their wolf- or vampire-fan pride.
Fans can pre-order The Twilight Saga: New Moon Ultimate Fan Edition, as well as the national two-disc Special Edition DVD or Special Edition Blu-ray, today at Walmart.com. With the new movie and 50 minutes of extra footage and interviews, The Twilight Saga: New Moon Ultimate Fan Edition also contains an exclusive, 7-minute sneak peek of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse. It begins with an exciting behind-the-scenes look at the production of the newest film. New interviews with stars Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner, as well as with series-creator Stephenie Meyer, are integrated with revealing on-the-set footage of some of the key scenes and sets from the upcoming movie. This first-look at The Twilight Saga: Eclipse concludes with the world premiere of an actual scene from the upcoming film.
With the movie release scheduled for March 20, 12:01 a.m., fans can be among the first to own the DVD, joining friends nationwide at midnight release events in more than 2,600 24-hour Walmart stores. The midnight release last year of the first Twilight movie brought hundreds of thousands of fans together online and in stores, becoming the most pre-ordered movie and most successful DVD movie release event in Walmart history.
Walmart’s Twilight Saga Shops, designed for both the “fan-pire” and “wolf-lover,” will open in stores mid-March and will feature a variety of items themed around the Twilight series and favorite movie characters.
Among the items in Walmart Twilight Saga Shop are:
- Wolf and vampire lover tanks ($7)
- Twilight Saga themed tees ($9)
- Jacob Black and Edward Cullen tees ($9)
- Twilight Saga-themed jewelry (bracelets, pins, key chains, earrings, necklaces) ($5 )
- Twilight Saga-themed messenger bags ($12) and totes ($9)
- Twilight Saga books, including “The Twilight Saga: New Moon Official Illustrated Companion Book” – ($13.24)and “Life Story” magazine cover issue featuring Twilight ($8.95)
- The Twilight Saga New Moon Ultimate Fan Poster - exclusive DVD cover art ($5)
- Party snacks and beverages to prepare for DVD viewing parties
- New Moon Special Edition Two-Disc DVD and Blu-ray - available 12:01 a.m., Mar. 20
- The Twilight Saga: New Moon Ultimate Fan Edition Two-Disc DVD ($24.96) and Blu-ray ($29.96) and The Twilight Saga: New Moon Ultimate Fan Edition with Forks documentary DVD ($29.96) - all available 12:01 a.m., Mar. 20
Customers can also find more items such as character dolls Bella, Edward and Jacob ($24.88), movie soundtracks, as well as New Moon The Movie Board Game and SCENE IT? Twilight Movie Edition THE DVD GAME at select stores. Walmart will host its dedicated Twilight Saga Shops in all stores through mid-April, and continue to carry Twilight merchandise through the year, although some items are for a limited period only.
As excitement builds for this upcoming DVD release, Walmart will announce additional special events and activities for fans in the coming weeks.
Every week, millions of customers visit Walmart stores, Neighborhood Markets, and Sam’s Club locations across America or log on to its online store at www.walmart.com. The company and its Foundation are committed to a philosophy of giving back locally. Walmart is proud to support the causes that are important to customers and associates right in their own neighborhoods, and last year gave more than $378 million to local communities in the United States. More information about Walmart can be found by visiting www.walmartstores.com.